Gryffindor Common Room
Sign in to follow this  
Sky Alton

What's Your Favourite Spell

Exactly what it says on the tin. It could be a favourite because of what it does, its importance in the story or even just because you like the sound of the word.

Mine is sort of nebulous because we never hear how it's done but I love all the pretty charms that people like Flitwick and Hermione use to decorate for special occasions. One of the scenes that sticks with me is the final Christmas tree in PoS being decked with golden bubbles. I'd love to be able to just twiddle my wand and create beautiful things out of mid-air.

My favorite spells are the protective spells you'd put around an encampment like Hermione Granger did in Deathly Hallows when they were all camping to protect themselves from Snatchers and Death Eaters while they slept. They stand for safety in my opinion because they protect the caster from whatever's on the other side. Protego totalum and Salvio Hexia are two of these protective spells. 

Mine is the ’patronus charm’. Since I saw Harry producing his stag patronus I’ve been dying to tryout the spell. I did got many animals in Potter-more but I really do want to produce my own patronus in real life (yeah,I know that’s impossible*sigh*) . 

A patronus is produced with your strongest happiest memory and I just want to find out which memory will be mine good enough to produce a patronus and this charm is extremely protective when you come to face a dementor the most and you can use it as a charming messenger too. 

Sign in to follow this