Gryffindor Common Room
Rose Pottermore

The Reason I Was Late for School...

This is a easy and lovely game, I used to play this with my friends at school. So, person 1 starts with a reason why he/she was late for school, and person 2 continues the story.

Person 1: The reason I was late for school is that a dog took my sock, then...

Person 2: My breakfast burnt, then...

Person 3: I couldn't find my bag, then...

And it goes on like this. Anyone can another story starting from 'The reason I was late for school'. You can come up with creative excuses why you were late for school.

Hope you like it! Enjoy! : )

The reason I was late for school is that my Arithmancy book ate up my 'Standard Book of Spells' book, then...

I spent 5 minutes trying to get through a door only to realise it was a wall pretending to be one, then....

My ink bottle broke in the scuffle, then....

I had to change shirts because there was a giant ink splotch on it, then...

It finally pulled open, but too fast and a bunch of clothes piled out, then...

My cat cut the photos up with her claws so I had to run around collecting the pieces then try to put them back together with a spell, then...

I tried to unlock the door with Alohamora, but because it was locked with a spell, it backfired and instead singed my left eyebrow off, then...

Fell on my cat, who got very annoyed and gave me a rather large nasty scratch on my arm, then...

I came to consciousness by the pain in my arm and started looking for bandages in the first aid box, then... 

The lid of the first aid box snapped down on my hand, hurting my fingers, then...

With my arm and fingers hurt, I was having trouble applying the bandages and ended up creating a mess, then...

I tried to cast a spell to make my arm and fingers feel better, but accidentally vanished the bones in my arm, then...

I tried a potion that I thought would fix the bones, but it only made my throat feel like it was on fire, then...

While I was looking for a lozenge I tripped and fell on my face, then...

Instead of getting up I rolled over and stood there for a while admiring my ceiling, then...