Gryffindor Common Room
Sign in to follow this  
Iverian Gnash

Wrapping Up the Year

Now that the school year is quickly coming to a close, everyone's in a panic to finish up those classes and extracurricular activities before their deadlines.

Does anyone have any tips to keep yourself on track and focused as summer is on its way? I find it particularly distracting since everything's so new at the start of the semester, but I feel a bit burnt out by the end, ready for summer break and then a fresh new school year. Personally, I write down to-do lists with their deadlines and mark a certain block of time that I'll work on getting those things done. I find it incredibly motivating when I can cross something off that I've been meaning to do for a while! I also like to change it up a bit. Instead of working three days straight on finishing all of my HOL homework, I'll do a department project, some HOLLERS activities, maybe a house event, or planning for one. 

Secondly, since summer is coming up, is there anything in particular you're all looking forward to? Maybe a break from school, a summer activity like a house's summer camp perhaps, graduating from your year and moving on to the next one, etc... 

I also fine it really helpful to have a list of things to do. I'm not as organized as some others, and I do sometimes forget about classes (I did all of HOL 101 in the last 4 hours before it was due). I have a calendar with all of the important things that I need to remember to do, which I check every day. 

I'm so excited for summer. I was away and unable to check HOL at all for the first part of last summer, so I missed a bunch of fun activities, which I was sad about. I'll be staying home this summer, so I'm excited for those! I love seeing what classes there are at the start of each term, so I'm super excited for that in September. 

I have a huge End-of-Year masterlist sorted into various categories (classes, Head Student Duties, Gryffindor,  point earning, random, etc). Then I've ordered everything roughly in terms of what is time sensitive or most pressing. There's bound to be something I've forgotten though.

It's a really nice feeling to be able to delete stuff as I make progress.

I like to make list of most time sensitive things to less time sensitive. I make list same like for HOL activity and real university activity. Because my first year at HOL, am looking forward exploring all house summer camp. 

Sign in to follow this