Gryffindor Common Room
Sign in to follow this  
Prof. Sky Alton

Magical Me - Task 1

Magical Me is packed with tales of Gilderoy Lockhart’s (supposed) daring battles against the forces of darkness, as well as more personal details about his life growing up and his skincare routine. They’re all told in his classic, over the top style.

Did you have a favourite (or least favourite) passage? We’d love to see it!

Write a brief excerpt from Magical Me (80 words or more). It can be about any part of Lockhart’s life that you like – just remember to stay in character and keep it HOL appropriate.

Post your responses below by 23:59 HOL-time to earn 10 rubies!

In the moonlit depths of an enchanted forest, I found myself face to face with a mythical Manticore, a creature of formidable repute and mythical essence. The Manticore, its eyes ablaze with an untamed intensity, confronted me, the legendary Gilderoy Lockhart, with a mixture of curiosity and aggression, its razor-sharp claws poised for a fearsome duel. Armed not with weaponry, but with the sheer prowess of my charm and a dashing smile that could rival the stars. Undeterred by the perilous situation, I stepped forward with the confidence that defined my legendary persona. The Manticore lunged forward, but with a series of graceful movements, I dodged its advances with the finesse of a seasoned dancer. It became clear that no spellcasting was required, my charm was the only weapon needed for this daring encounter. My voice, a melodious incantation, soon captivated the Manticore's attention. Slowly but surely, the creature's aggression waned, replaced by a sense of fascination for the charismatic wizard standing before it. Seizing the moment, I extended a hand towards the fearsome Manticore. Astonishingly, the creature responded, lowering its head in a gesture of reluctant submission. My radiant charisma had, against all odds, tamed the wild beast. This encounter, a testament to the power of charm, would undoubtedly become a cherished tale in the chronicles of my legendary exploits. For in that moonlit forest, I proved that sometimes, a dazzling smile could conquer even the wildest of beasts.

Greetings, dear readers! It is I, Gilderoy Lockhart, the incomparable wizard whose magical prowess knows no bounds! Allow me to regale you with yet another spine-tingling tale of my daring escapades against the sinister forces that lurk in the shadows.

In the winter of 1992, I found myself amidst the treacherous Forbidden Forest, a place where even the bravest dare not tread. Armed with nothing but my unmatched charisma and a dazzling smile, I confronted a nest of Acromantula—vicious giant spiders known for their insatiable appetite for human flesh.

As the moon cast an eerie glow upon the tangled branches, I, Gilderoy Lockhart, the epitome of magical elegance, stood tall and resolute. The gigantic spiders, each the size of carriages, hissed and advanced with malevolent intent. But fear not, for Gilderoy Lockhart was on the scene!

With a mere flick of my wand and a theatrical swish, I conjured a dazzling array of multi-coloured lights that danced in the air, momentarily bewitching the eight-legged fiends. Sensing their bewilderment, I leapt into action, twirling and pirouetting through the chaos, my robe billowing dramatically.

In a display of sheer wizarding mastery, I directed the spiders to perform a synchronized dance, their enormous hairy legs moving in perfect harmony to the enchanting rhythm of my magical melody. It was a spectacle that left even the most stoic observers breathless.

But the true climax of this harrowing encounter came when the gigantic Acromantula queen, with venom dripping from her fangs, lunged at me with ferocious speed. Undeterred, I sidestepped her attack with a grace that would make a Veela jealous, and with a wink, I cast a spell that transformed her into a harmless garden gnome!

Victorious and unscathed, I emerged from the Forbidden Forest to the adoration of the wizarding world. The headlines sang my praises, and the photographs of my daring encounter adorned the covers of countless magazines. And so, dear readers, let this be a testament to the unparalleled courage and magical prowess of the one and only Gilderoy Lockhart!

Of course, this and many more adventures are what has led to my international fame, but with that fame comes a heavy level of responsibility. A responsibility that I have always been able to fulfil - keeping up seemingly impossible good looks. Whilst most of what you see on the covers of books, magazines, newspapers, and in photos is, I must admit, entirely natural charm, there are some magical creations I would recommend to others wishing to emulate my own charisma. The most notable of these is Sleekeazy's Hair Potion - a recipe I am sure many of you are familiar with. It is a little known fact that my father was actually a crucial contributor to the creation of the potion, and that is no doubt why it is so effective for my personal use.

It was early evening. I was having a fan signing event for all my fabulous fans. Obviously, the big room was packed with people, so many people lining up for me! There were so many smiles and claps and laughs for my charming smiles and jokes. It was a happy time until suddenly, a Tebo broke in! There were loud screams, but I stayed calm as I immediately thought of a way to defeat this beast. I wanted my fans to be safe, so I yelled, "Everyone, evacuate! I will handle this!" I took out my wand and it ran around the room, becoming invisible every few seconds. I used my intelligence and my wit to predict where it would be going next and with precision and exactness, I casted Incarcerous on the nasty creature, and it wailed as ropes shot out of my wand and strangled it. My fans, watching from afar, were clearly so amazed at my skills at handling such a dangerous thing, but it was really nothing bad, and of course, anything for my dear fans.

Now, I know many of you dazzling young wizards are yearning to know about how I stay so well groomed and pristine while dueling and clobbering all these treacherous, ugly monsters. Defense against magical beings can be a messy business, and a well to do gentlemen such as myself needs to look his best at all times! Before I ever begin any perilous journey, I spend at LEAST 30 minutes to an hour in front of the mirror! Yes! Mirror time is a crucial time! I begin with my face, as it needs to be clean and free of dirt and oil, and lightly moisturized with my very own Gilderoy Lockhart serum (available for purchase in Diagon Alley) After my face is fresh and moisturized, I move onto my glorious golden hair. The gel I use is made of a particular mushroom only found within the Forbidden Forest. This gel is so powerful even the fiercest of battles cannot move a hair from my head! Now please, young wizards, read on to Chapter 3 to learn more about how to apply the gel properly...