Gryffindor Common Room
Sign in to follow this  
Prof. Sky Alton

Magical Me - Task 3

We now know that a lot of the stories Lockhart told in Magical Me were actually shamelessly stolen from other people. But what if he didn’t stop there?

Pick a heroic event or notable invention from wizarding history that Gilderoy could have tried to take credit for and insert him into the story. How would he have said he’d saved the day or made it possible? Because we’re just having fun, please feel free to use things that happened before he was born or after his accidental memory wipe in 1992.

You can either write Gilderoy’s version of history in at least 80 words or produce a graphic showing him in action and include a few lines of explanation. If you choose the graphics option, please keep it to 600 x 600 pixels, upload your  submission to a graphics sharing website and share the link.

Post your responses below by 23:59 HOL-time to earn 10 rubies!

Ah, the Goblin Wars, a time of chaos so profound, mountains trembled at my name! Goblin General Jurungus, a towering brute he was, brandishing a blade the size of a grand piano, intended to bathe Diagon Alley in wizard blood. But fear not, dear readers, for Gilderoy Lockhart, hair aflame with righteous fury, stood defiant! With a flick of my wand, so swift it blurred time itself, I conjured a magnificent burning blade, the size of a fully grown dragon! Grungus, mesmerized by my sheer charisma, became entangled in my mane of flowing golden locks. Down, down we plummeted, a whirlwind of emerald scales and goblin shrieks, until I deposited him, with a flourish, into the cauldron bubbling outside Flourish and Blotts. Grungus, defeated by my brilliance, retreated, the Goblin Wars quelled by a single, glorious Lockhart! (In a picture of himself on the adjacent page: *Gilderoy winks, tousling his mane for dramatic effect.*) Remember, folks, when facing insurmountable odds, simply remember: one Lockhart is all it takes!

Dear esteemed readers, let me regale you with an awe-inspiring tale that has yet to be fully appreciated in the wizarding world. Gather 'round as I, the incomparable Gilderoy Lockhart, reveal a secret chapter in my illustrious career—one that unfolded on that fateful day, the 2nd of November 1945.

It was a crisp autumn morning, and the air crackled with the energy of impending greatness. Albus Dumbledore, the renowned wizard, faced off against the nefarious Gellert Grindelwald in a duel that would echo through the ages. And who should happen to be in the vicinity, ready to leap into action and safeguard the very fabric of magical existence? None other than yours truly, Gilderoy Lockhart!

Picture this: a cascade of dazzling spells illuminated the darkened sky as Dumbledore and Grindelwald clashed in an epic showdown. The very earth quivered beneath the weight of their magical prowess. Sensing the impending threat to the wizarding world, I, Gilderoy Lockhart, with my unparalleled dueling skills and unwavering bravery, stepped forward to join the fray.

With a swift flick of my wand, I expertly deflected Grindelwald's malevolent curses, displaying a mastery of magical combat hitherto unseen. The onlookers, though too awestruck to applaud, undoubtedly marveled at my exceptional courage in the face of such adversity. Dumbledore, acknowledging my invaluable assistance, gave me a subtle nod of gratitude.

As the final moments of the duel unfolded, it was my timely intervention that tipped the scales in Dumbledore's favor. Grindelwald, realizing he was no match for the combined might of Dumbledore and the illustrious Gilderoy Lockhart, conceded defeat and was promptly apprehended.

And thus, dear readers, in this unsung chapter of history, I, Gilderoy Lockhart, emerged as the unsung hero of the legendary duel of 1945, forever etching my name in the annals of wizarding glory.

Having learnt so much about my own escapades already, I'm sure it will surprise very few of you to learn that in 1998, it was in fact I, Gilderoy 'Duelling-Champion' Lockhart, who cast the final blow in the defeat of Lord Voldemort at the Battle of Hogwarts. I had spent many years leading up to our final match working behind the scenes, watching and learning his patterns, so that when the moment was right, I could strike. I had been collaborating with the faces of the fight against evil the entire time, guiding them with information only I could work out, and on that fateful May day, I stepped out from the curtains to cast the curse that ultimately saved the wizarding world.

Ah, one of the things I have done that I am most proud of was the duel in the Ministry Atrium against Lord Voldemort himself in 1996. Looking back on this, I am quite pleased at my success, and I would do it again but with even smarter decisions and stronger spells. This was when I challenged Voldemort to a duel, and I was determined to defeat him once and for all. I cast powerful spells against him and blocked his spells with shields or by casting a spell right back at him before his spells could get me. Though he didn't decease, he cowardly disapparated and escaped when I cast one of the strongest spells I've ever casted. Another win of the great Gilderoy Lockhart!

As many of my avid fans know and remember, the battle of the Basilisk within the Chamber of Secrets at Hogwarts remains one of my most glorious feats! Not only was I the heroic adult guiding two children into the depths of the unknown, but I was the one who had delivered the blow to the Basilisk's head in order to save the little children. They merely escaped with their lives, and I was left with an unfortunate memory charm issue. However if it weren't for my courageous act against the ferocious Basilisk, those children would have met their doom if not for me!