Gryffindor Common Room

Heyo!

It's hard to start convos isn't it? I'm sure people will join as time passes!

• Like 1

Hi there! It's easier to get people to join in with a discussion if you ask them something specific or share a bit about yourself so they have something to respond to. There are plenty of discussion topics about Harry Potter, music, theatre and books in this forum that you could post in to get the conversation flowing - hopefully someone will see and want to chat with you about something you mentioned. :)

For more general conversation, we have the HOL chatrooms like #hol and #gryffindor which is a better place to strike up a random conversation and see who joins in. Stop by!

• Like 1

You need to be over 17 years of age, complete 7 years at HOL and earn your NEWTs, then create a class to teach. The Head Office might make an exception in extraordinary circumstances but that's how it's normally done now.

It's possible to become a student teacher much sooner than that though! That's where you remain a student and are still able to take classes/earn points but teach a class on the side. For that you just need to have been a member for 6 months, be over the age of 13 and create a class. :)

• Like 1

That's very normal, don't worry. Most teachers on HOL have busy lives in real life (we're all unpaid volunteers who do this in our free time) so a lot of people will grade at the end of the month or even towards the end of term sometimes. Some people like me will grade more regularly but it really does depend on the teacher and the class. :)

• Thanks 1

Hogsmeade is currently being renovated at the minute but that's where you'll be able to buy things in the future. You don't need any equipment to pass your classes apart from the information in the lessons but if you'd like to know what sort of wand would choose you, there's a quiz on wizardingworld.com that lots of people use or you could even take the Wand-Making class where you can learn all about woods and cores. :)

Have you looked at HOL 101 yet? that's designed to give new students the information they need to get started: https://sites.google.com/site/holhogwarts101/

• Like 1

That will also be Hogsmeade when it reopens but you won’t meed anything extra like that to pass classes, just the info in the lessons and your smarts :)

Hi Sindhuja!

I'm Rose, your fellow Gryff. Nice to see you're trying to make new friends. Sorry I can't help you with Hogmeade, I don't know much about it.

Anyways, are you in any other fandom other than the Harry Potter one? I am a huge fan of the Narnia and the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe).

You see, A Narnian, Potterhead, and an Avenger. ;)

As I said, it's not open right now so it isn't really anywhere. Hopefully it'll be up and running again soon. :)