Gryffindor Common Room
Sign in to follow this  
Prof. Missa Matz

Junior Prefect Application!

With a new school year starting, the Gryffindor staff is working hard to keep the house shiny and organized while planning fun and exciting activities for all the students.

However, with an increase in activities comes a higher workload, so we are looking to add several Junior Prefects to the staff. These Junior Prefects should be hard working, motivated, and dedicated to making Gryffindor even better.

To qualify to send in an application you must satisfy the following conditions:

* Must be at least a second year.

* Must not currently be repeating a year. (Meaning you were, for example, a second year last year, but did not earn enough quills to advance to third year.) -- We've taken this requirement out for this term only. So take advantage of it~

* Be aware that as a JP, you have no prefect rights in HOL at all. You do not receive those until you become a full prefect.

****For those students who are currently first years and repeating years, you WILL be eligible to apply next term when we re-open applications.****

* Must be willing to achieve the following this year (this is part of our current prefect contract):

- You will receive 2 quills per term or a total of 4 quills per year.

- You will earn 60 points per month, whether through classwork, HOL projects (library/arts), house newspaper, other house newspaper, etc. However, if you have a class that only awards points at the end of term - notify me (Missa) so that I don't nag you. That is a perfectly acceptable reason to not be earning that amount. This means that you must earn at least 300 points per term.

- You must be active in at least 3 Gryffindor activities. So your prefect duty is ONE activity. (For your prefect duty, you will be asked to be in either SPD, which is involved in planning house activities, or a den JP, which helps lead the dens._ If you belong to a club, or help in the library, or are on GQT that is your second activity. Your third activity must be something related to helping with the forum. Whether it is making sure posts in certain areas are appropriate (modding), creating fun topics in areas for discussions (activities, coz lord knows our boards are dead [HELF does not count!]), or signing up for one of the many positions that Jenny and I will be opening (posting house announcements, etc).

If you think you can handle this and meet the above qualifications (and yes, we will check) then please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities. When you are done, send the application in a PM to Prof. Jenny Lupin by September 30th, 2010. They will then be forwarded to Prof. Missa Matz for review.

QUESTION SECTION.

1. Name:

2. Year:

3. Why do you want to become a junior prefect?

4. What makes you a good candidate for the junior prefect position? (Your Qualities/Traits, Prior Leadership Experience, What You Can Contribute, etc. Anything you can tell us to help aid our decision.)

5. Do you prefer to work on a team or individually? How do you think that will help you as a staff member?

6. Would you feel comfortable contributing more than a 'yes'/'no' answer to a discussion?

7. If faced with a decision to keep quiet about something, or post, will you be able to post knowing that it will create discussion, and does/does not necessarily mean that it may/may not make a difference?

8. We would like you to please create a monthly den challenge or house activity and then tell us about it. (For example, but certainly not limited to: What is it about? What is required? Why did you choose it? Etc.)

9. Dealing with new students is one of the many jobs of a junior prefect. If you received the following message, what response would you give them?

Hi JP!!!! im new 2 griffindor and dont no wut 2 do. I sent a owl to prof. missa but she didn't answer. :( :( :( what do i do? ohhhh and i want 2 buy a cat so send me beans please.

10. Are you willing to allow us to assign you to where we believe you might fit best, or where we need you to be? Meaning we would choose whether you would be SPD or Den JP? Please note what your preference is, but also realize that based on needs you may not get put there.

11. Is there anything else that you might like to add? A touch about yourself and your character, a fun story, a word or phrase, or nothing?

We're still looking for more applicants! You have only a few more days to turn in your applications! If you qualify, definitely consider it!

EXTENDING THIS DEADLINE 1 WEEK.

(big enough for you?)

We want more JPs! If you are one of those people who haven't applied yet, but really should, don't make me hunt you down. Yosh. GANBATTE~

I expect lots of PM's now. Or else...

NOTE!!! ALL STUDENTS 2nd year and UP (Even repeating students) can now apply. So if that is you, take this as your chance to prove yourself!! APPLY already. :P

Guest Rowan Dream

People, it is purple big and scary o.O lol Jenny went bonkers *pats*

If you feel you have what it takes or just old enough smart or you just want the powah well then this is your change to apply, like the BIG shiny but scary text in purple said above DO IT

You’ll “missa†lot of fun