Gryffindor Common Room
Sign in to follow this  
Prof. Sky Alton

Changes to Profile Customisation

Hi, everyone!

I just wanted to update you about a few changes I’ve made to the options you have for customising your profile here on the Gryffindor forum.

1.      Pronouns

I’ve added a pronouns field where you can specify the pronouns you’d like people to use when referring to you (for example she/her or they/them). Currently, your pronouns will show up alongside your posts to make it easier for people to check them and use them correctly when chatting to you on the forum.

Please do make sure you pay attention to people’s pronouns (if they’ve chosen to provide them) and do your best to use them.

Rather than providing set options, I’ve made this an editable field so you can explain your pronouns in whatever way you like (though there is a character limit). I do need to make it absolutely clear though that I expect everyone to treat the feature with respect. Anyone who uses it to mock people’s pronouns or for any other purpose that breaches the HOL Code of Conduct will face the consequences.

2.      Gender

Our existing options for specifying your gender were very limited. I’ve now expanded that field with a range of options which I really hope are much more representative of the community. You can also specify multiple options.

I’ve also edited the ‘Not Telling’ option to ‘Prefer not to say’, which does affect people who are currently using that option.

Again, this feature needs to be treated with respect at all times.

You don’t need to specify your pronouns or your gender if you don’t want to. Both fields are 100% voluntary!

If you have any concerns about the new changes or suggestions for making things more inclusive of you or others, please do reach out to me in a private message. Inclusivity is always a work in progress and feedback is massively useful. I want to work with you to make this as supportive an environment as possible for all our members.