Gryffindor Common Room
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lily Padfoot

February Prose and Cons

Guest Lily Padfoot

February Prose and Cons (PandC)

Below are the three different sections of "Prose and Cons of Imaginary Friends" and the theme for each. For taking part, you can earn up to 10 house points for each section, and your entries will be published in the next issue of The Paw Print!

Poetry Challenge

For the Poetry Challenge, you are to write a piece of poetry. It can be a haiku, tanka, free write poem, or any other form of poetry. Each haiku and tanka must be at least 2 stanzas long. A free write poem needs to be at least 12 lines long.

The theme for this challenge is: Love poem to your favorite house creature or mascot!

Story Challenge

For the Story Challenge, you are to write a story! The story is to be a minimum of 250 words and no more than 400. Please spell check and use proper grammar and punctuation.

The theme for this Challenge is: Tell a story of a Valentine's Day gone wrong! Because nothing ever goes right, does it?

Caption Challenge

The Caption Challenge is quite self-explanatory. Each caption you create is worth 5 points. All you need to do is think of something witty and appropriate for the pictures below.

Image #1

Image #2

How To Submit

All entries are due by Friday, February 25th, at 11:59 pm HOL Time.

Send all entries together to lilyish@gmail.com, with the subject "PandC - February - ab123". Replace "ab123" with your own HOL ID, for example, the subject of my email would be "PandC - February - li409". Include your HOL name, HOL ID, and House in the body of your email. Without this information, you will not receive points.

Do NOT send your captions or submissions as attachments. Upload the captions to some sort of image site; i.e. photobucket. Submitting your captions in written form is fine as well.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message.

Sign in to follow this