Gryffindor Common Room
Sign in to follow this  
Prof. Jenny Lupin

Junior Prefect Applications Summer 2012

JOIN THE GRYFF STAFF!!

With a new school term beginning soon, the Gryffindor staff is working hard to keep the house shiny and organized while planning fun and exciting activities for all the students. We are pleased to announce that once again we are looking to add a few new Junior Prefects to the staff! So if you have creativity, enthusiasm, dedication, and/or a good work ethic, keep reading for more information!

What is a Junior Prefect, and what do they do?

Junior Prefects are Gryffindor House's prefects in training. It is our goal to ease you into the responsibilities associated with being a full-fledged Prefect. As a Junior Prefect, you will be a member of the Gryffindor staff and help contribute ideas to discussions, help plan and organize activities and clubs, be responsible for answering questions or relaying information to and from students, and in general just being an active and enthusiastic member of Gryffindor. You will, of course, have experienced Prefects and older Junior Prefects around to help you learn the ropes. :)

What do I need to do to be a Junior Prefect?

To qualify to send in an application you must satisfy the following conditions:

1. Must have been active at HOL at least 1 full term (meaning, at least the most recent Spring term).

2. First Years and Students repeating years are NOT eligible to apply at this time.

3. Be aware that as a Junior Prefect, you have no prefect rights in HOL. You do not receive those until you become a full prefect.

4. Must be willing to achieve the following this year (this is part of our current prefect contract):

- You will receive at minimum 2 quills per term or a total of 4 quills per year.

- You will earn at least 60 points per month, whether through classwork, HOL projects (library/arts), house newspaper, other house newspaper, etc. However, if you have a class that only awards points at the end of term - notify me (Jenny) so that I don't nag you. That is a perfectly acceptable reason to not be earning that amount. This means that you must earn at least 300 points per term. If you are passing 2 classes, this should not be a problem.

- You must be an active Gryffindor CR member, check the staff room posts frequently and participate in discussions, and actively fulfill your JP tasks as needed.

- Be willing and able to run/manage at least 1 activity and/or club per term. You will have guidance on things, of course, but you are required to do the necessary work. We also ask that you are active in at least one (but preferably more) area of Gryffindor, such as GQT, Spice Squad, Gryff Library or Graphics Club.

If you think you can handle this and meet the above qualifications (and yes, we will check) then please answer the following questions to the best of your abilities. When you are done, send the application in a PM to Prof. Jenny Lupin by August 10th, 2012. (But don't wait until the last minute!) They will then be reviewed by Jenny and Missa before a final decision is made.

So aside from that, if you have questions, definitely ask!

QUESTION SECTION (Sorry this is a bit long. We take our staff positions seriously, and thus we want to make sure the students we select are fully qualified.)

1. Name:

2. Year:

3. Why do you want to become a Junior Prefect?

4. What makes you a good candidate for the Junior Prefect position? (Your Qualities/Traits, Prior Leadership Experience, What You Can Contribute, etc. Anything you can tell us to help aid our decision.)

5. Do you prefer to work on a team or individually? How do you think that will help you as a staff member?

6. If a situation arises where you disagree with the general consensus in a discussion, would you post your concerns, knowing that it may be rejected or possibly slow down the project, or would you keep your comments to yourself?

7. On a similar note, how would you resolve a conflict with another staff member, either in Gryffindor or another house, that you did not get along with?

8. We would like you to please create a monthly den challenge or house activity and then tell us about it. (For example, but certainly not limited to: What is it about? What is required? Why did you choose it? Etc.)

9. Dealing with new students is one of the many jobs of a junior prefect. If you received the following message, what response would you give them?

Hi JP!!!! im new 2 griffindor and dont no wut 2 do. I sent a owl to prof. missa but she didn't answer. wut do i do? ohhhh and i want 2 buy a cat so send me beans plz.

Thnx! -Student

10. Are there any areas of Gryffindor in particular you would like to help with? Please note what your preference is, but also realize that based on needs you may not get put there.

11. Being on the Gryffindor staff means added expectations and time commitments. Are you confident you will be able to take on these responsibilities?

12. Is there anything else that you might like to add? A touch about yourself and your character, a fun story, a word or

phrase, or nothing?

Again, sorry for the length of this. We really appreciate the time and effort you put into answering this!

Sign in to follow this