Gryffindor Common Room
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kadina Tigano

February Den Challenge!

Guest Kadina Tigano

So many of you here in Gryffindor already know me as the captain of the quidditch team... So naturally, you should be expecting what's about to happen next.

That's right! This month's den challenge will revolve around Quidditch :D! In fact, you are so lucky that next month will too!!! Please, please. I can hear you all cheering. :wub:

With so much fun Quidditch stuff going on lately, like the 1v1 tournament, I thought to myself, how cool would it be if each den came up with their own quidditch team. Thus, this challenge was born.

PART ONE:

For part one of this uber cool two month challenge, you and your fellow den members will create a mini-booklet or pamphlet all about your quidditch team. Keep in mind, your quidditch team does not have to have anything to do with your den. You don't need to use your den mascot as the team's mascot, the den name as the team name or anything. Just be creative and have fun.

Some things to include are:

• the team's name
  • team colors
  • what the team robes look like
  • the roster
  • motto
  • etc.

Be as creative as you like with what to include! (Kyrie's class, Quidditch the Wizarding Way has some good ideas if you're not sure where to begin. If you're looking for another class-it's also a great one!)

You are NOT limited to the suggestions on Kyrie's site. Anything you think important about your team can be added. Have a really interesting story about how the team was founded? Want to tell us about a killer match in 1674? Go for it!

Once you have enough information about your team, you can slap it up on a nice themed webpage, or create graphics that resemble a real book. Or even just send us your text describing the team! Anything goes as long as we get to hear about your fantastic quidditch team. ^___^ But just as a quick note, please don't use already created team names(ex, Puddlemere United, Falmouth Falcons, etc). The point of the challenge is to be creative with a brand new team.

After you and your fellow den members have spiffied your team up to be the best it can be, have your den leader email the completed submission to spd@gryff.net This challenge will be due on the 28th of February at 11.59 PM HOL Time. But don't leave it all until the last minute.. you'll be receiving more challenges soon!! If you have any questions about the challenge, don't hesitate to ask your den leaders or send me a private message.

Lastly... if you're interested, the rubies breakdown for this challenge will be as follows:

1st place: 25 Rubies

2nd place: 15 Rubies

3rd place: 10 Rubies

Additionally, each participating den member will earn 5 rubies for themselves. Pretty cool, huh?

Guest Kadina Tigano

PART TWO:

Part two is the fun part guys!! This month and next month will have a practical application of quidditch... Why's that?

Well it's Spring training!

Haven't you heard of Spring training? In muggle sports and quidditch alike, this is when teams have a chance to practice their game before they start real games against the other teams.

So how is Spring training going to work for this den challenge?

Well, I'm glad you asked!

The first Spring training practice will be held on February 6th at 9 PM HOL Time in the irc channel #springtraining! It will last as long as people are having fun so don't worry if you're a little late--we might still be there.

Alright, but what are we going to do in there?

Another good question... The game we will be playing is referred to as 'xany'. The main idea of the game is to learn trivia in a relaxed and fun environment. A question will appear after a five second countdown and the first 3 people to answer correctly will earn points. The first to answer will get 15 points, the second player 10, and the third 5.

Great, but what's in it for me?

Well, first of all, I think that xany is a ton of fun! Second, you'll be helping your den. ^__^ Third, quidditch is fun and I know that many of you have wanted to try it in the past but were a bit intimidated. Here's a way to try it out and see if you like it without any pressure.

But aren't there like a million questions?

In real quidditch there are, but for this challenge, there will only be a couple hundred. I haven't picked them all yet, but I promise not to use anything too scary. :)

Alright, well, when is it again?

The first training session will be offered on February 6th at 9 PM HOL Time in the irc channel #springtraining!

LAST NOTES:

This part of the challenge is technically optional, but you will earn rubies for yourself and your den and I will do my best to make it a lot of fun. Plus you'll get a chance to meet other people, learn some impressive Harry Potter trivia and help your den (hopefully) win!

Rubies per person/for the winners will be added as soon as they are figured out, but you will earn them. Promise. ^^

Any questions not answered here should be directed to your den leader or myself. Have fun and hope to see you there!

Guest Kadina Tigano

OOPS!

There was one little thing you forgot about with the team... how were you going to get accepted into the quidditch league association!? They're very elite, and very full. Oh, I have an idea! Prof. Jenny Lupin and Kadina Tigano are both on the board of directors!! Rumor has it they're also pretty easy to bribe...

MINI CHALLENGE #1:

Your first mini challenge (if it wasn't totally obviousy ;)) is to create or find a gift worthy of Miss. Kadina Tigano and Professor Jenny Lupin. You can get them the same gift, or tailor to them each specifically. If you don't know them perfectly--don't worry! I'm sure your den leaders know at least one of their weaknesses, not that they'd ever admit to having any!

This challenge should be sent in by the den leaders to spd@gryff.net by Friday, February 18 at 11.59 HOL time! However if you manage to get it done sooner, we put a lot into that saying "First come, first serve" as well. B)

Sign in to follow this