Gryffindor Common Room
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kadina Tigano

April showers bring May flowers...

Guest Kadina Tigano

Introduction

Hello everyone! All of us challenge planners hope you enjoyed your month off because we're back to work! Now, how many of you have heard the old adage that April showers bring May flowers? (and what does June bring? Pilgrims! Sorry, bad joke.) Everyone, I hope?

Challenge

Well, this month each of the dens will come up with at least one thing they think of when someone says "May." These ideas can be abstract with a short explanation, or something self-explanatory. The one mandate is that the idea is expressed in an image, a drawing, a comic, or a photograph, etc. The addition of a story is allowed, but discouraged (unless in the form of a comic). The SPD is sick of reading all these long stories. It's time for finals; we want to look at pretty pictures.

In short, we want some images of what you think of when you hear "May." There is no maximum as we enjoy pictures. The minimum is one, if it's a really good idea (ex: a comic on how May reminds you of your Great Aunt Bert who used to bake apple pie every Sunday in May and October).

Rules

-Be sure to follow all guidelines mentioned above.

-Only members of your own den may help with completing the challenge. No outside help.

-Your den's challenge entry should be sent only by the den prefect or JP. Please be sure to include a list of den members that participated in the challenge. The email should be sent to spd@gryff.net with the subject "May Den Challenge - Den Name".

Rubies

Winners will be decided by SPD vote. Amuse us!

1st place den - 25 rubies for members that participate.

2nd place den - 15 rubies for members that participate.

3rd place den - 10 rubies for members that participate.

The deadline for this challenge is May 31st at 11:59 pm HOL time. Any questions you have about this challenge may be PMed to me.

Guest Kadina Tigano

Question: Can I take my pictures and photos and put them into a video slideshow (on youtube)?

Of course! We are very visual people. We like special effects.

Guest Kadina Tigano

Question: Can we use animated .gifs, videos or music to enhance our entry?

I'm going to say yes to May themed music. If you want to put a track on the video, or on a webpage, that's cool. I'll say yes to the .gifs too. But I'm going to have to say no videos (unless it's a sort of slideshow as previously discussed).

Guest Kadina Tigano

In 1st Place, earning 25 rubies for each participant...

The Naughty Ninjas den!!

The Ninjas created a fun video full of all sorts of things that remind them of May. It was quite lovely.

In 2nd Place, earning 15 rubies for each participant...

The Sassy Samurai den!

The Samurai's came up with a bunch of images reminding the of Spring. They were fun to look at. :)

Unfortunately, the Mischievous Warrior Monks den was unable to submit an entry. The den will receive no rubies for the challenge and I will pawn them off to pay for more shoes!