Gryffindor Common Room
Sign in to follow this  
Prof. Hailey Potter

Gryffindor for Third

If you wander into Spice Jar today, you'll find three new posts. Which is probably leaving you wondering...

What is Gryffindor for Third?

Gryffindor for Third is a year-long challenge created, sponsored, and ran by the Spice Squad. However, it's not just a Spice Squad initiative! We would like ALL lions interested in challenging themselves to come participate, which is why it's been posted in Spice Jar! Anyone who would like to earn serious house points this year should check out the thread now and sign up! Beans will be awarded for all your hard effort, as well as seeing Gryffindor finally rise a little bit in the House Cup!

It's time for us to unify as a house and fight for that third place, Gryffindors! Let's break the fourth place curse! Find out more information and how to break that curse in Spice Jar, today!

P.S. While I'm posting here, I am also wanting to make Spice Jar a little more lion-friendly, so if you have any ideas of any threads you'd like to see in Spice Jar- anything fun about loving Gryffindor or anything of the like, please, please, please share them with me! Either poke me on IRC or send me a PM here or on HOL please! I want to hear your ideas! Spice Jar is for YOU, our Gryffindor lions, so please let me know what you'd like to see!

*bumps*

In case you haven't wandered into Spice Jar lately for the new Gryffindor for Third announcement, please go do that now! There are some new rewards this term up for grabs that might motivate you (or maybe your hibernating lion friends? ;)) to earn an amazing amount of points!

Just and remember to check the Study Room for new point opportunities frequently!

We're last again in the house cup, folks. The only way we can fix that is working together to get our points numbers up! Which means all of us need to do our best to get some great points.

And remember.... GO GRYFFINDOR! \o/

Hi, all! 

Okay, so I've been going through G43 points today and I felt it was absolutely necessary to post here.

1.) We are in last place in the House Cup. Again. By a HUGE margin. Like Slytherin leads by 3000 points.  

2.) Why? Well, I'm going to use Gryffindor For Third data to show some reasons of why. 

Of all points earned so far in Gryffindor for Third, we have 37,286 total points. We have 44 participants. The current House Points multiplier for Gryffindor is 0.71%. Do the math and that gives us 26,473 points from Gryffindor for Third.  

So what's the problem? Why isn't that showing up in the House Cup though?

Of those 44 participants, we have 16 who have become passive members. That's a percentage of 36% of our participants. What does that mean? The points those 16 people have gained DO NOT COUNT. Which brings our total points to 30,828 points. Which means we've lost 6,458 points from people going passive. Which according to the house multiplier would have given us 21,887 points. That's 4,586 points lost*.

That's almost 31,000 points, right? That still seems to be quite a bit, right? Let me throw you one more type of participants we currently have: of the 28 participants we have left, we have 10 more participants that are going to become passive any day now. That's right, there are 10 people who haven't earned any new points for at least the last three times I've checked Gryffindor for Third points. That brings us down to a loss percentage of 59%. Once they are taken away, our total points from Gryffindor for Third participants come downs to 25,059 total points. That's 12,217 points GONE from our total with all 44 participants. With the house multiplier, that only makes 17,792 points* for Gryffindor.

And that, folks, is WHY we're in last. All those points Gryffindor for Third participants have earned come down to 17,792 measly points. To make matters worse, for the April points checking, I only had 15 participants earn points. That's only 34% of Gryffindor for Third members... 

I know that the house multiplier would be higher if all our 44 participants were still active, but at least we would be working from 37,000 points instead of only 25,000. That's a 12,000 point difference! 

I know that life is busy. But guys, when it gets busy, it's still important to at least do one assignment. So you stay active and all your hard-earned points count. Does that make sense? 

And it's not all bad. With all 44 participants, we have an average of 847 points per participant. With the loss of our 16 passive members, making our ranks 28, we have an average of 1,101 points per participant. With the loss of our 10 more members who will go passive soon, that brings our numbers to 18, and 1,392 points. So those of us who are still left are scoring a huge amount of points. But remember... take the house multiplier into consideration and that's just not a lot of points, folks...

So my point is... I know it's the end of term. I know you're finishing out school years in real life and what have you. But your house needs you. Try to take a few minutes every now and again and do an assignment or two. And most importantly... hang in there. We have only one more month left to make this happen, guys. To make Gryffindor come in third, not last. And it will take all of us working together and earning points to make it happen.

I have personally made plans to step up the bar for myself and try to earn 100 extra points outside of my classes. That might be high, and hard for others, but please. Set yourself a goal. You'd be surprised at how high you can soar if you just set your mind to it!  :fan:

We can still do this, guys! Hang in there, and keep earning those points!!! 

*Please note that our house multiplier would be a bit higher if these members were active. 

100 points extra outside of class... 100 points sounds like waaaaaaay to easy xP

lets try and make that 200 points Hailey xP

Sign in to follow this