Gryffindor Common Room
Sign in to follow this  
Prof. Zenix James

April Prose and Cons!

April Prose and Cons

Reminder

Lurking Lions Harassing Houses

There is one item of interest I would like to bring to the attention of HOL; students and staff. The Paw Print is going to be accepting 3-5 articles from students in houses outside of Gryffindor to be published in the paper.

Limit 2 articles per student, although I may accept 2 articles from one student if we have room. Each article is to be 500 words minimum, there is no max, well, I draw the max at 15,000 words. -coughSlootscough-

The writer of the article will receive 10 points.

If you are interested in submitting an article, OWL, PM, or message me with your article idea, or article if you already have it. I will need to approve the article first. The due date for the articles will be March 29th

Prose and Cons

There are three section in Prose and Cons, with a chance to earn 10 points per sections, culminating in 30 points total.

Poetry Challenge

For the poetry challenge, you are to write a piece pf poetry. Crazy, right?. It can be a haiku, tanka, free-write poem, or any form of poetry. Each haiku and tanka must be, at least, 2 stanzas long. A free-write poem needs to be, at least, 12 lines long. For this challenge, you are able to submit up to 2 entries, each worth 5 points. However, you do not have to turn in two separate pieces. You can turn in a 4 stanza haiku for 10 points, or a 10 stanza tanka, and so on. The choice choice is yours.

The theme for poetry is free reign. So, essentially, there is no theme. Send in whatever kind of poem you would like to and whichever subject your heart desires. HOL appropriate, of course.

Story Challenge

For the Story Challenge…you are to write a story!

NO WAY!

The story is to be a min. of 250 words (for 5 points) and 350-400 (for 10 points), must be spell checked and have proper grammar and punctuation.

The story's theme is...FREE REIGN! Noticing a pattern? Well, it ends here since captions can't really be free reign.

Again, write about whatever you would like to. Might be a little easier. ;)

Caption Challenge

This is, by far, my most favorite challenge of Prose and Cons; the Caption Challenge. It's quite self-explanatory. Each caption is worth 5 points. All you need to do is think of something witty and appropriate for the pictures.

Caption 1

Caption 2

How To Submit

Entries due on March 29th by 12am HOL time.

Challenge Entries for Prose and Cons can be submitted to pandc@pahpulfirh.com.

You must put your HOL name, HOL ID, and House in the Subject Line. (Else I’d have to track you down and that takes forever.)

Do NOT send your captions or submissions as attachments. Upload the captions to some sort of image site; i.e. photobucket.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message, or whatever, and I will respond promptly.