Gryffindor Common Room
Sign in to follow this  
Prof. Zenix James

March Prose and Cons

March Prose and Cons

Prose and Cons

There are three section in Prose and Cons, with a chance to earn 10 points per sections, culminating in 30 points total.

Poetry Challenge

For the poetry challenge, you are to write a piece pf poetry. Crazy, right?. It can be a haiku, tanka, free-write poem, or any form of poetry. Each haiku and tanka must be, at least, 2 stanzas long. A free-write poem needs to be, at least, 12 lines long. For this challenge, you are able to submit up to 2 entries, each worth 5 points. However, you do not have to turn in two separate pieces. You can turn in a 4 stanza haiku for 10 points, or a 10 stanza tanka, and so on. The choice choice is yours.

The theme of this challenge is...color. I know it’s simple, but the simple things in life can be some of the most wonderful things also. You can write about your favorite color, colors of things, colors in general! For a haiku, I would write…

Daisies of yellow

Shining bright in the green grass

Such simple beauty

Story Challenge

For the Story Challenge…you are to write a story!

NO WAY!

The story is to be a min. of 250 words (for 5 points) and 350-400 (for 10 points), must be spell checked and have proper grammar and punctuation.

For this story…You get to be a superhero or a supervillain! Pick your powers, pick your setting, pick your side of good or evil! Man…I wish I could write for Prose and Cons. *sadface*

Caption Challenge

This is, by far, my most favorite challenge of Prose and Cons; the Caption Challenge. It's quite self-explanatory. Each caption is worth 5 points. All you need to do is think of something witty and appropriate for the pictures.

Caption One

Caption Two

How To Submit

Entries due on February 27th by 12am HOL time.

Challenge Entries for Prose and Cons can be submitted to pandc@pahpulfirh.com.

You must put your HOL name, HOL ID, and House in the Subject Line. (Else I’d have to track you down and that takes forever.)

Do NOT send your captions or submissions as attachments. Upload the captions to some sort of image site; i.e. photobucket.

If you have any question, feel free to send me a message, or whatever, and I will respond promptly.

Enjoy, poppets