Gryffindor Common Room
Prof. Hailey Potter

Can you play an instrument?

Guest Arabella Black

I've been playing guitar for about 7 years. I currently have 2 acoustic's (a 6 string and a 12 string). I used to have electric guitars, but I had to sell them. I also played bass (started to learn on the upright bass), but sadly, I do not have those anymore either.

Unfortunately, I don't play nearly as much as I should. I'm a little rusty. I guess I should get back into the groove; it'd be such a shame if I forgot how to play!

Guest Elle Xander

I play the trumpet, that's what I played when I was in school and I still play, it's my main/best instrument.

I also play the guitar, self-taught, mostly chords, and I'm self-taught on keyboard. I had some very beginning lessons, but I don't remember much from them, instead I mess around with chords (like with the guitar) and the melody.

And I'm not too bad at Guitar Hero. ;)

I LOOOOOOOVE Music! I play the violin. I've always had a passion for playing instruments ever since I was a little girl. I started off on the Clarinet. I remember when the music teacher came to our school. I was in 4th grade. She showed us all the different types of instruments and gave us a form to fill out if we wanted to learn to play. All my friends were picking up the clarinet (So I did too) but I remember when that teacher pulled the violin out of the case and played it... I thought it was the MOST beautiful instrument of all times! It had such a sound range on it. You could play happy or sad and everything inbetween.

So I played the clarinet up untill 9th grade. The end of my 9th grade year, my music teacher was talking about how small the Orchestra (strings) class was. He said it was a small group of very talented musicaians. When class sign ups rolled around, instead of picking band, I picked Orchestra! I took home a rental violin that day. Within a week I had found a private lessons teacher and by the end of the summer I was playing Vivaldi's concerto in A Minor (LOVE that piece!)Two years later I was performing at the Kennedy Center in Washington, DC (What an HONOR!) Best day of my life ^_^ The violin just came natural to me. :wub:

Sounds like Gryffindor is full of musicians! We should start a club! :lol:

Guest Seara Deamon Greene

I'm pretty good with my piano

Right now I'm learning how to play guitar :)

I always want to try a saxophone but i can't seem to find the place nor the time to do it...haha

Guest Saskia Sing

I play the trumpet in my school band :)

Guest Zachary Jameson

I used to be a clarinet player in Middle and High school. I retired when I went to college. I used to be one of the only BOY clarinet players.

OMG I'm so bad at playing instruments... its not for nothing that I stopped doing that xD

But I managed an year to play the snare drum... But I had no passion and no rythm for it to continue xD

Guest Angel Pevensie

Oh, how I wish I could develop my musical talent :(

I used to learn and practice piano, but totally stopped around 8 years ago. After that it seems that I never have time for music anymore (well, accept for listening to it)

When I was still in school, I also learned how to play recorder too. Perhaps I can still play it now *shrugs*

But my greatest passion is piano. Someday I hope I could learn and play it again, though I don't know when.

I have been playing the guitar for 5 years now, and I am in a band called Nuclear Resort (a lot of Green Day influence xD

I know how to play the piano, flute, violin and the bells. I am trying to teach myself how to play the guitar but I still haven't learnt it yet.

I've been playing the piano since I was six... So... I pretty much grew up with it. I'm a lot into theory of music and all that stuff. If I hadn't encountered programming, my first pick for a major would definitely have been piano teacher or theory of music teacher. I still play a lot, but not as much. I dedicated myself to the theory part a bit more lately. I also lead a girls' choir, which is really fun and exciting. 

I have been playing the piano since I was 8. I can play the violin a bit. I am pretty good at the guitar as well and have dabbled in the harmonica. 

I can play keybord and Guitar. I have 2 keyboards(1 small 1 big) and I have a Guitar.I have been playing the keyboard since I was 7 and the Guitar since 12

I have been singing since I learned to talk.  I made up songs when I was was little then took chorus all through school.  I don’t think a day goes by where I don’t sing at least one song during the day.

I wish I could play an instrument but specifically the piano.  I love piano music!