Gryffindor Common Room
Sign in to follow this  
Eno Thomas

Do your gadgets have names?

Does your computer or one of your electronic devices has a name?

In my house the only electronic that has a name is my DS. I call it Sparky. >__>

What about you?

Everything of mine has a name. Usually a shortening of the technical name, but sometimes I get creative. ;)

My computer is simply named Compy. Occasionally I call it Lappy, but I prefer Compy. It's great to use in conversations. ^__^

My external hard drive is named Akanishi. Because, well, I lurve Jin Akanishi (a Japanese singer/idol) and the Aka in Akanishi means 'red'. So when I got my red hard drive, of course it was easy to name it Akanishi. ^__^ My next one will be green and called Kame-chan. ^___^

Guest Ilona Littrell

*G*

My laptop is MACgyver the second, aka MACMAC. Get it? xD *is lame*

Usually I name all my electronic devices after book characters. Like, I have had 3 ipods to far. First one was Pippin, which was stolen, then Legolas, which I gave to my mum when I bought Aragorn.

I have two external HDs, one is Apple, not because it's an actual apple HD, but I put an apple sticker on it and it got stuck with it ^^, the other one is pretty old and has the rather uncreative name of Blackie, cause it's black...

Guest Madeline Bronte

My IPhone is called 'Phoney' and my laptop is 'Lappy'. Yes, I am imaginative. But WAIT! You don't yet know the brilliant name I have for my Alarm Clock! I call him -yes it's a him- 'Griad' pronounced 'Gre-ad' because it means 'Hate' in Thai and we are definatley in a love/hate relationship. :D

Guest Ophelia Cromwell

My Macbook is called Margaret and I actually have no idea why. It's quite a recent thing, but I realised a little while ago that even though I pretty much always name inanimate objects, my 3 1/2 year old Macbook didn't have a name. So I decided it was female and so I went through girl's names and Margaret seemed to fit :D

Guest Jinxy Jo

Bob.

Nuff said.

Both my desktop and laptop have "names" from the same anime, Prince of Tennis.

My desktop is known as Ponta. (For the grape soda that Echizen drinks.) I've had this comp for yeeeears, and it's only blown up once.

My laptop, which I bought last year and have rarely used, is named "Momo". This is a dual name. Momoshiro from Prince of Tennis, and erm in references to Pi's "peaches" (which only a JE fan would get.)

I haven't named any of my 3 externals or my phone. Usually I end up referring to them by naughty names if they don't load though.

My laptop's name is none other than.... LAPPIE!!! Why because i really like to keep lappie on my lap ;) (no joke <_< ) And my PSP is called ' Walking game ' sounds funny eh? And my iPod Touch is called "Touchie.."

Guest Kadina Tigano

Does my computer have a name? Psh! You ask that like it's a real question.

My computer's name is Meredith. Why? Because when I got it, I was super obsessed with Grey's Anatomy. Still like the show--but I'm not nearly as bad.

My iPod is/was(I think it's lost atm..) named Drowsy. Drowsy from the Drowsy Chaperone, a super musical.

Most important, my cars always have names. My first car was Blanche, after Rue McClanahan. I swear if my car had been a person, she'd have been a Golden Girl. And my second car, if personified as a human, would have been the old man from Up!. His name was Frederick. I loved him. My cars are very special to me. XDD

Guest Ann Black

Ah the computer isn't mine but I call it Word because I mostly use Microsoft word on it.

My phone is Harry (yes as in potter).

My iPod is Spock (Star Trek)

my alarm is Fracaso meaning Failure in Spanish cus' sometimes it doesn't go off and wake me in time for school,

and my camera is Demi meaning half.

Guest Logan Weatherly

Everything of mine has a name. Usually a shortening of the technical name, but sometimes I get creative. ;)

My computer is simply named Compy. Occasionally I call it Lappy, but I prefer Compy. It's great to use in conversations. ^__^

My external hard drive is named Akanishi. Because, well, I lurve Jin Akanishi (a Japanese singer/idol) and the Aka in Akanishi means 'red'. So when I got my red hard drive, of course it was easy to name it Akanishi. ^__^ My next one will be green and called Kame-chan. ^___^

Do you call it compy/lappy because of Homestar Runner? If so, that makes you one of the most awesome people ever! I love Homestar!

Guest Laurie Lovegood

No computer, but my iPod is named Grace, for my favorite band. :D

Guest Victoria Morris

I named my iPod 'Hedwig' :blush:

Don't ask I just did :lol:

Guest Maria Vianney Gracia

I named my laptop; Flippo!

Guest Abby Moondrake

Actually I don't name my laptop, but I named the hardisk inside it, WillyWonka.

My previous laptop's harddisk name was BFG.

I also named my traveling external hardisk, Esiotrot.

I guess, it's quite obvious that I like Roald Dahl's children books because all the names are taken from the stories. :D

Guest Eia Donne

I got into a habit of naming my electronic devices when I finally grew into a fullsized cello...my friends and I back in middle school-high school orchestra would name our instruments and I got sad when I wouldn't be able to continue ^^;;

But lets see...currently I have:

Zen-Nintendo DS

Shiro-Kindle

Midori-iPod

Kyo-Old laptop that I haven't disposed of yet so I still technically own it ">>

Jim-New laptop...can you tell I decided it was finally time to branch away from Japanese names? XP (Bonus points to anyone who can guess who it's named after)

Guest Julie Garnet

My laptop's name is just JulieLaptop, since I usually need to take it onto my company's network and I don't want them to see something weird. xD But I name the rest of my stuff based on things from anime/manga:

Modem: Arbalest (From Full Metal Panic)

Modem 2 (after first died): Kaiju (Japanese for "monster" since it took like 5 hours to figure out how to set up. Originally to be Arbalest2)

MP3 player: Takanari (From Shinshi Doumei Cross)

Various Flash Drives: Kyo (Fruits Basket), Syaoran (CCS/Tsubasa), Zero (Vampire Knight)

And more, but I can't remember them all....

Most important, my cars always have names. My first car was Blanche, after Rue McClanahan. I swear if my car had been a person, she'd have been a Golden Girl. And my second car, if personified as a human, would have been the old man from Up!. His name was Frederick. I loved him. My cars are very special to me. XDD

I forgot! I name my cars too! Or well car. I only ever had the one. It's a black Honda Civic that I call Chester. :3 I love him to death. I also have plastic purple piggy bank that I call Oscar. :3 And a tiny yellow duck eraser I never user called Duncan. So not making this up. And I'm gonna stop now to salvage that tiny bit of sanity that I like to pretend I have.

Guest Lucy Greyback

I don't name my computers... I must be weird lol. However a car I used to own, I named it Luci, short for Lucifer lol I had bought it on June 6th 2006 (6/6/06 - get it? 666 the Devils number :P).

Guest Jade Packer

yeah everything I own has a name...well everything I care about. My netbook is called squirt, firstly because it's smallish and secondly because finding nemo is epic.

My current car is called WaffleSpaz cause well yeah it just is *shifty eyes*

My ipod is called Lenny cause well it reminds me of the guy from Of Mice and Men cause it's big and clunky and awkward.

my hard drives used to have names special names but now there are like 7 of them so they are all named after dwarfs.

Guest Sydney Alexandra

Noo I don't name my electronics xD Well that's a lie. I names

My lamp OctoLamp, because it has a few "arms" each with a different colored light on it. I'm not sure I'd that's weirder than naming my computer or less weird ;)

Guest Rowan Dream

I only utter a name for my electronics when they don't do what I want but helas it not g-rated sooooo next time ;)

Guest Grace Black

My computers name is Best Friend. Need I explain?

Explain Grace XP

Ah btw I'm to lazy to name my electronics... but I named my car 0o'

It's called Twinkle (feets) and sometimes I call it Ronald Twinkle X'D

Can you guess by this what kind of car I own? XP it is a Renault Twingo XP

Guest Elle Xander

My laptop's name is Cherry (it's pink) and my PSP is Black Cherry (it's black), haha.

Guest Pippa Longbottom

Oh my, I name everything. My laptop is Mackenzie (it's a MacBook), my white iphone is Blanca (spanish for white), my old car was Betty (White Volkswagen Beetle), and my new car is Houdini, Houy for short (it's a Ford Escape, get it, Houdini was an ESCAPE artist?) Yeah. I've been naming things for a long long time. I especially like naming my cars, because for me they really are like people. We go on all kinds of adventures together. :)

Sign in to follow this