Gryffindor Common Room
Prof. Maxim Trevelyan

Gryfftoberfest Motto Contest 2022!

Hark!

The time hath come!

One rotation of the sun and it is that time of the year again. We call upon all of HOL, students and staff alike, to submit mottos for our annual Gryfftoberfest! This year, our theme is "Camelot and the Knights of the Round Table", so ready your coconuts and saddles your horses to join us for a month of fun.

Gryfftoberfest is an annual celebration where all of Gryffindor house and our friends come together for a month long party of butterbeer and craziness! Mottos should represent our theme and Gryffindor as a whole!

There are some rules, of course...

• Keep your mottos to 15 words or less and entirely HOL appropriate.
  • You must be happy for people to reuse your motto on signatures and other creative submissions.
  • You will earn 5 rubies per Motto for the first 5 you submit (so 25 in all). You can submit more for consideration but you will not earn rubies for them.
  • Third place will win an extra 10 rubies, second place an extra 15 and first place an extra 20 rubies for your gem collection.
  • Winners are decided by the Gryffindor staff.
  • Send your mottos to me (Prof. Maxim Trevelyan) in a Gryff PM and title it "Motto Contest 2022". Remember to include your name and your house in the message. Please try to send all your mottos in one or two messages so my inbox does not stage a revolt.

The deadline is 11:59 PM HOL time on Sunday, September 25th.

8 hours ago, Sindhuja Ramesh said:

I’m afraid not - you’ll need to message Prof. Trevelyan. If you need help with that please ask. :)

4 hours ago, Sindhuja Ramesh said:

But the messages are not available.

Don’t worry, that issue is only for the main  HOL website - the house forums are separate and have different messaging systems that should all be working properly..  If you click on Prof. Trevelyan’s name from this post, that will take you to his gryffindor profile where there will be a link to send a message. I hope that helps. :D

And the jury has come back with deliberations! Thank you to all the participants in this year's motto contest! :) It was quite a tough decision!

*drumroll*

Third place: Stand still while we roar at you.

Submitted by Prof. Sindor Aloyarc.

Second place: Make Merry and Be Joyous in Mirth

Submitted by Emerald Wolvenhowl.

First place and the motto of this year's Gryfftoberfest...

Never yield, for we have the ever-flowing butterbeer!

Congratulations to Aura Nightmoon for the winning motto!

• Like 1