Gryffindor Common Room
Sign in to follow this  
Prof. Sky Alton

Awards (EoY 2021/2022)

Hello, everyone!

I really hope you had a fun, magical and eventful  term. Before everyone rushes off to make the most of the summer break, I have a few awards to present.

Before I do (and yes, I’m aware that’s two befores… It’s been a long term, you guys), I just want to thank each and every person who contributed to Gryffindor this year, in big ways or small. Whether or not you earned an award, you helped make the house the amazing thing it is. We might not have done brilliantly in the cup standings this year but we still showed up and gathered a truly impressive number of points between us. And there’s always next year, right? ;)

Now, onto the awards….

The Platinum Quill Award is for the lion who earned the most points during the term. I’m delighted to hand it to @Myrna Firethorn! In a dazzling display, she netted 1192 points. Very well done indeed.

Next up are the prizes for our ruby collectors. @Emerald Wolvenhowl scoops the Phoenix Award for being the Gryffindor with the most rubies, having gathered an eminently respectable pile of 173 through hard work and creativity in the house activities this term.

The race for the Lionheart award was very tense this time round with 3 visitors neck and neck until the very last moment. Nevertheless, it goes to @Maxim Trevelyan of Ravenclaw for managing to earn 370 rubies - excellent work! And Kudos to Harry and Louis Walles (of Hufflepuff and Slytherin respectively), just behind on 350.

And now for the awards decided by the Gryffindor staff.

The Studious Simba award goes to someone who has worked incredibly hard in their classes. This term, it’s a pleasure to hand it to @Luna Lemongrass. Not only was Luna our second highest point earner this term but our highest overall for the year! If that doesn’t prove dedication to her classwork, I don’t know what does.

The Curious Kitten award is presented to someone who has been a welcoming, encouraging or heartening presence in The Den. It’s been quite quiet in The Den recently but this term’s winner has shown up consistently throughout the term, bringing some much needed fun to Peeves’ Place and the roleplay forum, making the CR feel more inviting for everyone in the process. Congratulations to @Sheila Bagnold!

The Friend of the Den is a rather rare award. We give it to those members of other houses who make a real difference to Gryffindor and help out the lions. This year, I’d like to present it to @Maxim Trevelyan. He unhesitatingly leant his support, energy  and brainpower to me several times this term when Gryffindor found itself short staffed at the last moment, so he’s an extremely worthy winner of this award.

The Pride of the Pride Award is the highest honour we have here in Gryffindor. It’s awarded to someone who has made a huge difference to the house. Not many people have ever received it but This term, it goes to @Iverian Gnash.

During her years on the Gryffindor staff, Ivey has been a ray of sunshine and a pillar of strength for Gryffindor. She’s masterminded many activities (and more than a few world domination attempts but let’s not dwell on those), patiently guided new members and remained full of hope and enthusiasm, even when things got tough. She’s been the best Prefect in Charge that I (and the house) could have wished for. Unfortunately, she’s having to step down as prefect to focus on her RL college education but I couldn’t let her go without this award - she’s more than earned it.

Right, that’s quite enough speeches from me. Let’s celebrate! The butterbeer is over there and I’ll just go get the chocolate fountain started…

Great job to everyone this year!!! Unfortunately, I do have to step down due to real life commitments, but I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here with you all! 

My journey from student and then JP to Prefect in Charge has been filled with great memories of working up crazy ideas, getting involved in endless good (evil) plots, and *cough* bothering Sky endlessly *cough* (Who said that? Wasn’t me…) 

Thank you to everyone here that has made my experience awesome and especially an enormous shout out to Sky for all her amazingness in every aspect! You’ve been an incredible friend and role model to me <333

While I won’t be a staff member any longer, I’ll be popping in now and again to check up. Much love to you all! <333

• Like 2

Thank you Sky for my shinies. I always treasure each and every one that gets added to my collection. *pats his shiny hoard*

Iverian, it was a pleasure working with you on HOL and passing you in the Den's halls. Good luck with all your RL pursuits! :)

To all the rest, congratulations on your shinies too! :D

• Like 1

Aww thank you!! I didn't think i had done that well this year as i didn't manage to finish one of my classes due to real life getting in the way (How dare it!!!) But i'm very happy!!  So thank you very much :)  Looking forward to next year!!

I really wasn't expecting any award this year, especially as I only managed to complete 3 out of 5 classes because of Muggle life, so thank you for such a lovely surprise. 

Sad to hear you are having to step down, Ivey, but wishing  you lots of luck and joy in your Muggle endeavours. * Emerald raises a Butterbeer to Ivey before pulling out an item from under her witchy hat. She gives Ivey a present: a very sparkly, super shiny sword that she can take with her wherever she goes and whatever she does in the Muggle world. <3

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this