Gryffindor Common Room
Sign in to follow this  
Prof. Sky Alton

What Would You Like to Borrow from the Hogwarts Library?

We hear about so many magical texts that can be found in Hogwarts' impressive library but which one would you most like to get your hands on?

I ask this question as part of HOL 101 and always get some really interesting responses. For myself, I'm itching to flip through 'Hogwarts,a History'. The castle has centuries of history and secrets to unravel. I could never understand why Harry and Ron thought it was strange of Hermione for loving the book so much. Why wouldn't you want to learn everything about such an incredible place? Particularly if you're living there!

Just like Sky, I would like to take a peak at 'Hogwarts a History', but It would be even more fascinating to do some late-night reading of 'The Ghostly History of Magical Communities in the U K'.  

• Like 1

I think I would be interested in Magical Hieroglyphs and Logograms as well as New Theory of Numerology. I might also borrow Quintessence: A Quest.

I'd love to get my hands on a copy of Hogwarts: A History or Quidditch Through the Ages.
Being the avid reader (to be read as bookworm as my friends say), if I had the chance to read up everything I could about a place, like Professor Alton says, why ever not!

Quidditch has always been a subject of interest throughout my time as a Potterhead, any kind of sport fancies me really.
:)

Probably like to check out some books on ancient magic and runes, hieroglyphs and perhaps even the Book of Spells by Miranda Goshawk. Ancient magical history being my top priority.

Sign in to follow this