Gryffindor Common Room
Sign in to follow this  
Iverian Gnash

Task 8: Pessimistic Thoughts

While you definitely are more of an optimistic person, there have been some aspects to this particular trip that have not been entirely pleasing to you and your wellbeing like being chased by the centaur a few minutes ago or almost sampling those poisonous berries before you recognized them from Herbology class. 

Write about the worst part of being here in at least 100 words for 15 rubies by May 31st! 

All the awful things which I have been through, are sure...not good. But there is one thing that I personally hate the most about being here. This thing is the lack of shower. I miss my lovely shower cabin. Sure it is a bit moldy but it's mine. It fits me just fine. What would I do for one minute of the hot raindrops falling on my shoulders while I wash my hair? And all that amazing fog after a proper shower. I did wash in the river but I still feel very dirty. I also miss my stinky towels...

The worst part about being here is definitely lack of proper sleep. I have not slept properly in a few good days and I am honestly getting sick of it. I am really annoyed. For a long time I was scared to got to sleep as I thought something may attack me. Since then, I have tried to fall asleep and the most I have slept for just 2 hours since the sound of wildlife scares me so much. You never know what is truly out there in the darkness waiting for you to fall asleep. I always wake up whenever I hear any sound.

One of the worst parts of being here in the forest is that I am really struggling to cope without my wand. On reflection It is surprising just how much I relied on it but didn't realize it until I lost it. I used to flick my wand for anything and everything, even for really basic stuff. Now all of a sudden I have to use Muggle skills that I haven't used in ages and feels like I am having to learn them all over again. 

The other worst part is trying to find something to eat. I think I've been so upset at losing my wand that every time I try to think back to all we learn in Herbology my mind goes blank. 

Oh well, nevermind.  I've promised myself that as soon as I find my wand I will  magic up a light fluffy forbidden forest of doughnuts. Yum yum, can't wait.

The worst part of being in this forest alone, without my wand or any kind of weapon, is the anxiety. I don't know what lives here! I keep looking behind my shoulder to see, I feel like something is watching me and I hate it. What if while I'm looking for something to eat, something is looking for me?? Any minute there can be a bear or a wolf, I don't know, maybe I don't see it and step on a snake? What do I do then? I don't know how I can sleep soundly like this. Maybe I should try climbing a tree...

I am a pretty easy-going guy, I have been to wilderness many times, or out in open nature. There is a lot that I am used to and can cope with.

However, I absolutely hate being cold at night. During the day too, but even the hottest days in summer can turn very cold at night. If you are outside with little else in terms of extra clothing, it can get pretty chilly.

With no wand, you cannot really do much either. You could gather many leaves, but they need to be dry and there needs to be a lot of them to even get a chance in warming you up. Not an ideal situation to be in, to be sure.

Sign in to follow this