Gryffindor Common Room
Luna Lemongrass

Wand Collection

Hey Everyone!!

My extremely muggle husband (never read a HP book or watched any of the films) has today surprised me with my very first wand!!  I don't have much HP stuff in my house due to this muggle as he doesn't quite understand my obsession!   My husband never buys me HP stuff and today surprised my with Harry's wand!!!  I was so excited and surprised i nearly dropped it!!! Luckily i didn't!

So this topic is discuss which wands people have in their collection and which wand is your favourite?

My favourite wands are Harry's wand, Luna's wand,  Sirius's wand and of course Dumbledore's Elder Wand!

I’ve always wanted one of those wands! When I was younger I made some for me and one of my brother’s, but I’ve never gotten a real one. Always really loved Hermione’s, and second would probably be Luna’s. Given they’re two of my all time favorite characters from the series as well, I could see myself owning one or both of them someday  Yay on your hubby for such a magical gift :D

• Like 1

Aww, Luna, what a lovely gift! And all the more lovely for being such a surprise.

I don't have any of the official wands either - I so wanted to get one when I was at King's Cross but I was trying to save up for something else at the time. I did make one in Prof Tarma's class though: it's silver birch, long and very slender with a slight bend in it.

As for the characters, I second Sin that Luna's and Hermione's would be lovely to have but I think the one I really would want is Professor McGonagall's. When I did the photo booth at King's Cross, I used Sirius's which is very fun (so tactile!).

• Like 1

Awww i know i was so surprised.  Especially as its a noble collection wand in an Olivanders box and he didnt even know what that meant lol.  He said he got me Harrys wand because it was the only character he knows hahahaha!! Bless his muggle heart lol :)

i happened to be looking around a Forbidden Planet store quite a while ago, and not actually searching for anything Harry Potter related but then I spotted the wands. There was a choice of Voldemort's wand, Harry's or Hermione's so I opted for Hermione's. Why Hermione's? Because with just a swish and flick it lights up! 

If left alone It stays lit up for a while before going out by itself, or I can give it another swish for it go out. I often use it instead of a Muggle torch but also use it to raise my wand to great witches and wizards. Hopefully, I will get a Professor McGonagall one next but only if I don't get an Elder wand first. 

• Like 1

I don't have a physical wand, but I think if I were to start a wand collection, I would want Luna's wand. There's also a diadem of Ravenclaw wand that looks amazing as does Hermione's wand! Maybe one day I'll be able to get one, but I think I would be nervous that one of my little sisters would break it.

• Like 1

This certainly couldn't be called a collection, but I've owned a replica of Severus Snape's wand for almost a decade and it is one of my favorite possessions! I've thought about collecting others as well, and I very well may someday.

I love my wand collection.  I get pretty protective of it, to the point that my family makes fun of me.  I don't have a ton, but I was subscribed to a monthly wand box for a few months last year, and a HP loot box, so I have seven or eight non-canon wands, plus of course a few wands purchased at HP land in California.  I think my favorite wand is Nicolas Flamel's wand.  Although the specs are unknown, I just think it is so elegant with the curved bone handle, and I like to think all of the work that the wand has been through.  

On a completely unrelated note, my ideal wand, although it shares some small similarities with the Elder Wand, it is completely unintentional.  I would love to have a black cherry blossom (Sakuya) wand, a thestral tail hair and occamy egg shell, 15", and feisty flexibility.  Stubborn wand to tame, but both beautiful and powerful.  I would probably have some gem inlays and keep it in the handle of my cane, similar to Lucius Malfoy, just not as sinister.   I would take some inspiration from Nicolas Flamel and have a curved handle to my wand to make it easier to hold on my cane, though I am not sure what I would have, as I don't think I would want a broken off bone.  

• Like 1

On 4/21/2023 at 9:27 AM, Kasho Kakichi said:

I love my wand collection.  I get pretty protective of it, to the point that my family makes fun of me.  I don't have a ton, but I was subscribed to a monthly wand box for a few months last year, and a HP loot box, so I have seven or eight non-canon wands, plus of course a few wands purchased at HP land in California.  I think my favorite wand is Nicolas Flamel's wand.  Although the specs are unknown, I just think it is so elegant with the curved bone handle, and I like to think all of the work that the wand has been through.  

On a completely unrelated note, my ideal wand, although it shares some small similarities with the Elder Wand, it is completely unintentional.  I would love to have a black cherry blossom (Sakuya) wand, a thestral tail hair and occamy egg shell, 15", and feisty flexibility.  Stubborn wand to tame, but both beautiful and powerful.  I would probably have some gem inlays and keep it in the handle of my cane, similar to Lucius Malfoy, just not as sinister.   I would take some inspiration from Nicolas Flamel and have a curved handle to my wand to make it easier to hold on my cane, though I am not sure what I would have, as I don't think I would want a broken off bone.  

Hi Kasho, can you give me a link to the wand box and loot boxes?