Gryffindor Common Room
Iverian Gnash

Motto Contest 2021 - Gryfftoberfest!!

It's that time of year again and we're calling for all of HOL to submit mottos for our annual Gryfftoberfest! This year, our theme is "Ocean Adventure", so water you waiting for? Let's put those thinking caps on and come up with some swimmingly fantastic mottos!

Gryfftoberfest is an annual celebration where all of Gryffindor house (and friends) come together for a month long party of butterbeer and craziness! Mottos should represent our theme and Gryffindor as a whole!

Rules:

- The deadline is 11.59 PM Hol-time on Monday, September 20th.

- Keep your Mottos to 15 words or less and entirely HOL appropriate.

- You must be happy for people to reuse your motto on signatures and the like.

- You’ll earn 5 rubies per Motto for the first 5 you submit (25 in all). You can submit more for consideration but you won’t earn rubies for them.

-Third place will win an extra 10 rubies, second place an extra 15 and first place an extra 20

-The Gryffindor staff will decide winners

Send your mottos to me (Iverian Gnash) in a Gryff PM and title it "Motto Contest 2021". Remember to include your name and your house in the message. Try to send all your mottos in one or two messages so my inbox doesn't collapse!

Thank you to everyone who submitted mottos this year! We received so many amazing submissions and the voting process was quite difficult. I'm happy to announce we have all come to popular consesus! The winner of the 2021 Gryfftoberfest Motto Contest is.... *drumroll*....

We're Not Lost, We're Exploring!

This was submitted by @Maxim Trevelyan, congratulations Maxim! We also had a close second and third with "Sun, Sea, Chivalry" by Maxim and "Flooded with Floundering Fun" by @Prof. Sindor Aloyarc! Rubies have been awarded for all motto submittions and winners! Keep an eye on the Gryfftoberfest forum as we all set sail for adventure!