Gryffindor Common Room
Iverian Gnash

Creative Improvisation

You’ve seen many booths throughout the festival, but you’re thinking it’s time to actually start acting. You remember the stage you saw earlier and decide to see if they’re accepting anyone for tryouts. Walking up to a lady with a clipboard (she looks authoritative enough to possibly be who you’re looking for?), you ask about tryouts.

“Well, we only have one spot left, but I guess we could fit you in?” she responds. Excited, you head up the steps she points to and find yourself preparing for tryouts. It turns out to be pretty lowkey as the festival simply wants to give everyone the opportunity to act and have the full experience, so the next thing you know, you’re handed a script and are pushed on stage. Other festival goers are standing there too with their own scripts. Each looks slightly bewildered, except for a girl who confidently steps into the center of the stage.

Suddenly experiencing stage fright, you glance at your script again to find it… blank?! How are you supposed to act with a blank script? Well, it’s not entirely blank, there is a prompt at the top and each of your names are labeled down the side saying where your lines will go.

“This is what improv looks like!” the girl excitedly exclaims. We’ll each have to come up with our own lines as we go, as well as our moves around stage. “Come on, this’ll be fun, just be creative!” she encourages everyone, as you all take positions around the set props and begin to make a story out of thin air.

The prompt is, “Taming a dragon hiding somewhere in a large medieval castle.” Take as many creative liberties as you wish as you create the movie script, as long as it’s HOL appropriate.

For example, I’ll go first here:

Iverian:

*reaches the grand staircase leading to the castle after following the expansive path up*

“I can’t believe I made it this far already. The Queen has informed me the dragon resides somewhere on the east end, so I should head in that direction? First though, I’ll come inside and get my bearings of this enormous castle.”

The next person will then continue the story as they find me and group up, constantly pushing the story along until we find the dragon and figure out a way to tame it.

Each post earns you two rubies for a max of 10 rubies. Remember to finish posting by August 18th at 11:59 pm HOL time.

Aure:
*huffs and puffs along until they reach Ivey*

"Man, this castle is way bigger than I expected! I kinda want to see more of it, but I guess it's to our benefit to follow the Queen's directions. This dragon won't tame itself!"

Emily:

*jogs up, panting as they reach Ivey and Aure:*

"Seriously, someone needs to put an elevator here!  Well, I guess we should get started, but first things first!@

*grabs a handy-dandy torch off the wall as they move inside the castle entrance*

Astor:
*laughs upon reaching the group*
"It's a medieval castle, of course there aren't any elevators!"

Aure:

*laughing as well*

”Even if there was one, I’m sure our dragon friend would have destroyed it by now.”

*takes note of the torch in Emily’s hand*
“Hey, that’s a great idea, nice thinking!”

Emily:

*laughs and offers a bow*

"I come up with those every now and then.  Seriously, blame it on one too many castle runs on World of Warcraft."
*looks to Aure and Astor*
"Shall we proceed, ladies?"