Gryffindor Common Room
Iverian Gnash

Accidental Competition

As you pass a brightly lit stage full of people totally decked out in costumes, you stay to watch the show. However, it’s taking a bit longer to get started due to a costume mishap, so you decide it’s time for a break and take a seat on a short rock wall. You open your bag to peruse all the goodies you’ve acquired so far, right as an argument erupts a few feet down.

You’ve never been much of an eavesdropper (okay, that’s a lie), but you listen in on this. “I’m not kidding, give me any movie quote and I can tell you the exact movie it came from!” argued one lady.

Her friend seemed to question that though, “Yeah right, you’ll be stumped eventually.” As the first lady went to deny that, her friend turns to you. “Do you really think she’ll be able to name any movie from a random quote they had?”

Caught off guard by the question, as you didn’t have any prospects of getting pulled into this, you answer quickly, “I don’t know, I mean, it might be possible?”

Exasperated, the friend says, “Fine, we’ll have a bit of a competition then. I’ll give a movie quote and you both have to give me the movie it’s from. If she does better,” the lady says as she points at you, “then she wins, and you’re fibbing.” She points at her friend, who actually looks excited to take on this challenge.

Meanwhile, you’re not entirely sure you’re ready for this, but seeing as that show isn’t solving their costume issue anytime soon, you put on the most enthusiastic smile you can muster and get ready.

Time to test your movie knowledge! The first person will select a movie quote and the next person will have to guess the movie it came from and then provide their own quote!

I’ll get us started with, “Just because it's what's done, doesn't mean it's what should be done”.

You’ll post five times each for a total of 10 rubies! Make sure your movies are HOL appropriate! Remember to finish your five posts by August 18th at 11:59 pm HOL time.

Coco!

"A true hero isn't measured by the size of his strength, but by the strength of his heart."

Hercules!

"Turns out your friend here is only MOSTLY dead. See, mostly dead is still slightly alive."

The Princess Bride!

“You get hurt, hurt ’em back. You get killed… walk it off.”

Avengers: Age of Ultron! 

"Just because someone stumbles and loses their path, doesn’t mean they’re lost forever."

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian !

"Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore."

The Wizard of Oz

“—I cannot for the life of me understand why small children take so long to grow up. I think they do it deliberately, just to annoy me.

Matilda! 

"The past can hurt. But from the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it."

Moana

“—I love your eyebrows. We'll call them Frieda and Kahlo. If Brooke Shields married Groucho Marx, their child would have your eyebrows!