Gryffindor Common Room
Prof. Sky Alton

March Scenario: Pesky Pixies

You duck out of a classroom and nearly duck right back into it. The corridor is in uproar. People are running every which way, their schoolbags and cloaks held over their head like shields. Something electric blue zips past you.

The Situation:

It appears that a prankster has unleashed a gaggle of Cornish Pixies onto the third floor to liven up the end of the school day a bit. Will you help or take cover? Either way, you’ll have to keep your wits about you as they’re very tricksy. Watch out for that low flying book!

The Location:

You can roleplay in the corridors and classrooms on this floor

Be sure to read the guidelines before diving in. Have fun!

Ivey was having a relaxing Monday strolling through the castle. She had done all of her homework earlier, and having nothing much better to do, she decided to prance through the corridors a bit finding something to do. Right as she was about to head downstairs and onto the grounds to run around a bit, she heard a rather chaotic hum coming from the floor above.

Running upstairs, she found herself in the middle of a rather problematic situation. Blue pixies were shooting through the air causing general chaos and Ivey wasn't sure what to do. A pixie grabbed at her bracelet and tried to yank it off so she jerked her hand back and went to back out of the corridor when she realized she probably should be doing something about this. Grabbing her wand out, she looked around to see if anyone else was going to try any spells on the pixies. 

"What did you do Iverian?" Maxim yelled as he stepped through the main door to the corridor. When he was told that Pixies were set loose, the Head Boy assumed that someone just tried to divert his attention from whatever mischief they were planning on doing. No such luck.

"How did they even get here?" he questioned the prefect. Maxim took out his wand and tried to cast a few spells, but the Pixies kept trying to take his wand. "Watch out!" Maxim tried to warn Iverian when a tiny blue creature went in her direction with a determined look on its face.

Ivey ducked quickly as she saw Maxim running into the hallway. She rolled her eyes and announced, "Me?? This is most definitely your fault. You just happened to run off after releasing them!"

Grumbling, she cast a spell she had just learned and watched a group of pixies tangle themselves in the net that had just appeared mid air. Grinning, she glanced at Maxim, "If you need any spell help, let me know!" No sooner had she said this, then a pixie figured out the source of the net and charged her, grabbing her hair and lifting her up. 

Hannah came downstairs from the astronomy tower and saw a pixie grabbing Ivey's hair.  Hannah cast a new spell that she'd never tried before and she made the pixie float up through the floors and up into the sky.  Then, Hannah ran over to Ivey and gave her a ginormous hug.

Sky dashes out of her classroom with her wand raised and several pixies hanging onto the hem of her cloak for dear life.

"Any idea how many there are?" she asks, looking blankly around at Ivey, Maxim and Hannah.

There's a tinkle of broken glass and she hurries over to repair the window before anyone gets cut.

"They through a desk out there," she exclaims, staring down at the mess of furniture far below on the lawn.

Maxim rolled his eyes at Iverian, "Yes, because I had to supervise the decoration of the castle for the spring ball," he gives the prefect a pointed look. "I came back as soon as I heard what happened from a newbie," he explained. With a murmur of a spell too low for others to hear, Maxim stunned a couple of pixies and stuffed them under a dusty box, hoping it will hold them off until they got a cage.

The Head Boy nodded at Sky when she arrived in a flurry of activity. "Well, there appears to be more than one, Prof. Alton," Maxim answered sarcastically. He followed Sky's gestures and saw there was indeed a desk down below. "I'm not getting that," the Ravenclaw shook his head and looked around.

"Any clue how they got here?" he asked, trying to find something in all of the chaos.

"I think someone dropped off the pixies," Hannah said.  "I think maybe a sneaky Slytherin was trying to mess up the ball.  But, it wasn't me who messed it up.  This morning, I was down in the Dungeons hanging out with February, Aurelia and Lucia.  And just before I came down, I was in the Astrology Tower with Prof. Sindor."

Sky rolls her eyes at Maxim's helpful comment on numbers and considers summoning the furniture back through the window. She decides that it would just create even more chaos and there's a good chance the pixies might throw it right back out.

"Oh, I don't think we need to point the finger at any one house just yet," Sky says, peering around a corner to see a cluster of pixies gathering for a fresh attack. "I can think of any number of students from each house who would find this rather funny." (she can think of a few staff members too but she isn't about to say that....)

She leaps around the corner towards the massing pixies, firing off a few well placed freezing charms. 

"Someone please find me a box!"

"Prof. Sky, I'll grab you a box," Hannah says.  Hannah runs down the stairs and into the Dungeons and grabbed an empty cage that someone had left behind from their time at Hogwarts.  Then, she ran to the kitchen and asked the house elves to make something that the pixies would want to eat.  Then, Hannah put the treat into the cage and ran back upstairs and gave it to Prof. Sky.

Maxim glanced sharply at the young girl when she mentioned Slytherin might be at fault. He wanted to interject, but it seemed that Sky had it all in hand.

He sighed, "Fine, since no one seems to be brave enough," Maxim grinned at Sky and Iverian for his (in his mind at least) hilarious pun, "I can go check it out. The summoning spell might be too imprecise to get the desk," Maxim shrugged. "A good Reparo and a hover charm ought to do it."

"Any volunteers to go with me?" he asked.

"Thank you, Hannah!" Sky smiles as she takes the cage.

She drops in the handful of Pixies she's managed to freeze and then holds it out, hoping more will flock inside if they smell the food.

"And thank you for your courageous offer, Maxim," Sky winks at him, "See if you can find any other professors on your way down and ask them to come upstairs and lend a hand."

There's a crash from further down the corridor and she lets out a little sigh. 

"That sounded like another desk taking a trip down to the lawn..."

Hannah asks Prof. Sky, "Do you want me to see what the crash was?"

Hannah runs over to Sky and gives her a hug.  "I think that you can do this and you're welcome for the cage," she says.

A bunch of pixies smell the food and go into the cage while Hannah is talking to Sky.

"Is it even smart we go down?" Maxim asked when he heard the second crash. He peered through the window, but had difficulty seeing just where it fell. "I would rather not have a large and hard piece of furniture damaging this beautiful hair," he moped, weaving his index finger through his blond curls.

"Thank you, Hannah," Sky smiles down at her, "You're coping admirably with this crisis too."

She turns to Maxim.

"Probably for the best, I'm going to have enough paperwork as it is,"  she grins at his preening.

She glances around.

"Right, you lot, this has gone on long enough. I want everyone to follow me," she instructs, "Everyone who can use a freezing or stunning charm safely should try to hit any pixy they see. Those who aren't as good with those spells yet, you pick up the pixies and put them in the cage."

She takes a deep breath and sets off down the corridor with her wand out, as though she's about to fight a duel.

Hannah runs after Sky and follows her, grabbing Pixies as they walk.  "Where are we headed Prof Sky?" Hannah asks.  After a little while, Hannah said, "My legs are getting tired.  May I climb on your back Prof. Sky?"