Gryffindor Common Room
Sign in to follow this  
Prof. Sky Alton

February Scenario: What's Cooking?

You cautiously tickle the pear and open the portrait door. Light, chatter and delicious smells greet you. The Hogwarts kitchen is already full of students and staff getting to work at the benches. Someone passes you an apron.

The Situation:

The headmaster (somehow) has managed to convince the house elves to let students and staff cook dinner for once. The heads of house have enthusiastically volunteered their students to go learn a little culinary magic. What tasty things will you whip up? And who will be washing the dishes?

The Location:

You may roleplay anywhere within the Hogwarts kitchens.

Read the guidelines before you dive in and have fun!

Carrie walks in and heads towards the corner of the kitchen until one house elf sees her and with a little bit of magic puts the apron on her. He signals her to approach the table.

"Can I just wash the dishes? I don't like cooking. All I can do are salads..." - Carrie says while pouting and closing her eyes.

The house elf hands her a knife and gives her a basket of fruits and veggies. 

"Hogwarts students need healthy food too, do salads, fruits and veggies"

Carrie looked around waiting for more students to show up to get the pressure off of this elf that kept staring at her.

"Alright..." she said, and started chopping some celery, tomatoes, cucumbers, coriander, green apples, pears and more, whilst looking at the door every now and then.

Rose approaches the kitchens and greets the elves and everyone else who was in there. 'Hello!'

A house elf comes to Rose and magics an apron on her.

"I can, what can I cook? What about red sauce pasta?" she asks the house elf. The elf nods and points her to go to the table next to Carrie.

Rose starts gathering the ingredients on the table as the house elves point towards cabinets with ingredients. After getting everything on the table, she thanks the elves and starts pouring water in a pan.

"Hi Carrie! Making salad?"

"Rose!" Carrie screams out of relief "I'm so glad you're here! and yes, I'm making salad because I just can't cook... so salad is the closest"

She giggles and looks at how Rose starts to gather all the ingredients for her meal.

Red sauce pasta, what a delicious meal - Carrie says to herself - I'm going to pay a close attention on how she does it so I can learn how to do it

"Where did you learn how to cook, Rose? Do you mind if I look at how you cook? I wish to learn" she asks with a big smile on her face forgetting entirely that she was with a knife in her hands cutting veggies

Manya enters reading a muggle cooking book, and mistakenly his shoes slipped and she fell on the floor! "Oh God! Cooking is not really my thing!" She said to herself. She could see Rose and Carrie making Red sauce pasta, "Well, now this is something yummy, hey Rose, Carrie how about let's make some omlete noodles too, trust me I make the best noodles!"

'It looks good, you know, I know you'll delight us with whatever you're making', Rose says, 'My mom taught me to cook, and even at our home, I make food on weekends.'

Rose is very happy in the kitchens, procceding with her recipe.

'Oh, why not?', she smiles at Carrie. She boils the water and adds some salt in it. As she opens the pasta packet, a loud thump from behind from behind her shocks her. She turns around to find Manya on the floor. She quickly washes and wipes her hands with a towel and rushes towards Manya.

'Oh Manya, are you all right?', she says, giving her a hand.

Iverian prances into the kitchens all excited. She had only been in the kitchens... a few times a week... though obviously that could go unnoticed. Ivey looked around the room and saw all of her fellow Gryffs. Waving at everyone, she noticed Manya being helped up by Rose.

After checking to make sure everyone was alright, she slid around the kitchen, depositing a few treats in her pocket, and headed straight for the dessert table (those bags of sugar were too enticing), when a house elf grabbed her arm and tried to motion her over to some chicken that needed cutting up.

Waving her arms around in exasperation, she motioned at all the sugar and tried to convince the house elf of her delicious pastries. Apparently her convincing smile paid off because the house elf finally gave up and shooed her back to the counter full of sugar. Grabbing some ingredients, she got to work. 

Ada hurried into the kitchens, hoping she wasn't the last one there. She noticed Ivey, Manya, Carrie, and Rose, and waved excitedly at all of them. While she was still fairly new to cooking, she was always excited to practice! 

She found her way over to a blender, and decided that making smoothies was the only logical option. She glanced over her shoulder, and to her relief, none of the house elves seemed to notice. She started to grab her ingredients, and set to work. 

"Thanks Ro," said Manya to her best friend she gave her a hand when she fell, she noticed Ivey, she saw Carrie waving on them , she waved carrie back and said to Rose, " So, what I was saying.. yeah! let's make omlete noodles too, with white sauce pasta??"

Sign in to follow this