Gryffindor Common Room
Sign in to follow this  
Prof. Sky Alton

January Scenario: Stars Are Bright Tonight

You emerge onto the top of the Astronomy Tower and the cold takes your breath away. The night is incredibly still and clear, ideal for star gazing. You huddle deeper in your cloak and make your way towards the long line of telescopes.

Situation:

The Astronomy Department is taking advantage of the long winter nights to organise some community star gazing sessions for the entire school. This might sound like an incredibly peaceful (if chilly) way to spend a few hours but there are also prizes up for grabs for those who create the most detailed star charts so it could get astronomically competitive. There might even be a meteor shower tonight…

You can roleplay anywhere on top of or within the Astronomy Tower.

Remember to read the guidelines before jumping in. Have fun!

It was dark and cold night,, Manya walk to the top of astronomy tower, she has been so weak due to she was attacked by covid. She has terrible backlogs, pending homeworks. From when she has entered into Hogwarts after releasing from hospital, she has not spoken with anyone, not even with Rose, her best friend. Wiping the tears which was rolling down through her cheeks Manya sat at the astronomy tower, looked at the starsand thought "Will I ever be able to complete my all backlogs? my pending homeworks,? Will I ever become a good witch and proffessor? What if I-I fail in this terms? why my 1st year here is so terrible, why always this happens with me? I promised my parents I will make them proud, what they are gonna say?" She was hopeless, and clueless, she was crying non stop. 

Maxim yawned as he dragged himself to the top of the Astronomy Tower. After his Astronomy OWL he promised himself never to step foot into it again, but there he was. With blankets and hot chocolate for all students that would join the star-gazing night. He really needed to stop getting the short straws between the Head Students.

'Good evening, students,' Maxim greeted anyone who was inside. 'I got some hot chocolate, cookies and warm blankets for anyone who wants them. Who's game?' he asked around, giving items out as they were requested.

'Hot chocolate, Manya?' Maxim smiled at the girl, patting her on the back a bit. She seemed inconsolable, but he waited for her to explain if she wanted.

• Like 1

Rose slowly climbed the stairs upto the Astronomy Tower, and though she had a lot of experience climbing stairs to the Gryffindor tower, this was very hard.

As she reached to the top, she just stood in a corner, leaned to the wall. After a moment, she realised two other people were already there, one was Manya, but the other she couldn't make out by the loads of blankets he/she were carrying.

Then, she walked up cheerfully to Manya, greeted her, but found her crying. "Manya! Manya! Why are you crying?"

Manya saw someone heading here with lots of blankets she immediately tried to stop crying before that person came there, but there was still signs of crying on her face! She saw Maxim! she did not understand how to react! She felt a bit shy because he seen her weeping like this, Maxim offered her some hot chocolate, she was feeling like a fool, she took the hot chocolate and said thanks, Maxim patted her back, and she felt a comfortable, " Sorry", she said, "I should not cry like this in front of anyone, but what can i do? I can't understand why life is so unfair? I was affected by covid,  so I missed my classes, I have lots of pending homeworks and terrible backlogs, I think the promise I made to myself to become a good witch, i won't keep it, for months I did nothing except lying on bed, now I do not know, what to say, what to do.? How to face my professors, my friends?" Manya started weeping again after she finished.

She saw Rose! Rose, her best friend, She doesn't know how to face her, she tried to give her a smile, but her eyes were still wet.

"Never apologize for crying, Manya," Maxim tutted, and put one of the blankets he carried on Manya's shoulder. "I'm sure everything'll work out just fine,'" he nodded. Sometimes school work became too overwhelming for first years, but with some determination and organisation, Maxim was sure the woes of end-term crunch would resolve just fine.

"Otherwise, how are you both finding your first term at the castle?" Maxim asked when Rose joined them. He offered them both some hot chocolate before going away temporarily to check on all the students that arrived or were still arriving.

Sky hurries up the last few steps to the Astronomy Tower. She's only just managed to finish up in the greenhouse after a long session of gathering plants by starlight. Not for the first time, she finds herself cursing whatever it is that makes potion ingredients particularly powerful when gathered at certain times  (they're usually stupidly late or stupidly early).

"Evening, everyone. Nice night for it."

She sets out a stack of extra star charts that she was asked to bring up and glances around, only now becoming aware of the soil scattered on the sleeve of her robe.

Maxim noticed Sky's arrival to the Astronomy Tower, glad someone else would be watching the students with him. Not that anyone was particularly rowdy, but the Head Boy was glad of some extra security so to speak.

'You missed a spot,' Maxim said in lieu of a greeting, poking at the dirt on Sky's sleeve. 'Trouble at the greenhouses?' he asked, silently crossing his fingers hoping he did not have to make an appearance. Maxim was still sulking about the Venomous Tentacula incident two weeks ago.

Silently, he nudged Sky and pointed at the first years he was with before. 'Might do with some lion intervention,' Maxim shrugged and stuck his hands in his pockets.

• Like 1

"Thank you," Sky says with painful dignity, scouring what she can see of it off with her wand. "How are those bite marks? Healing nicely?"

She follows his gaze over to Manya and Rose, noting how drawn and unhappy Manya looks.

"Manya, why don't you come over here? This telescope has got the best view for the meteor shower," she calls, smiling warmly. "Rose, you should come too. You can take it in turns to look and help each other with your star charts. There's a prize for the most complete one, don't forget."

Manya smiled and thanked Maxim for the blanket, she thought, "let's just do not think about dropping from the classes, just enjoy this moment with your best friends" she  went over to the telescope as Sky called her and Rose.

"Hello, Prof. Sky," she said, following Manya to the telescope.

"Thanks for the hot chocolate, Maxim."

Rose shuffles through some papers in her hand and reaches out to a chart with a grid on it. "OK, so I just need to point out some more important stars here," she speaks to herself.

Sign in to follow this