Gryffindor Common Room
Prof. Sky Alton

November Scenario: Silence in the Library

The only sounds are the drumming of rain on the windows, the turning of pages and the occasional snatch of whispered conversation. You peer between the shelves, looking for the right book and somewhere comfortable to sit.

The Situation:

It’s a wet and grey afternoon and many people have retreated to the library to get some homework done. Will you actually work on an essay or are you more interested in finding a cosy corner for a very quiet chat with your friends?

You may roleplay anywhere within the Hogwarts library. This includes the restricted section but beware if you don’t have a note signed by a teacher!

Make sure you've read the guidelines before jumping in. Have fun!

Tarma walked into the library, really wanting to get some reference material for an odd thing she'd been noticing. She didn't get spooked very easily, but lately, just sometimes, she'd see a person who had what looked like two shadows. She'd looked for the sources of light which might be causing the two shadows, but never saw anything which could account for it.

So, she thought - "I'll go to the library.  If nothing else, Madam Pince will know where to find information on that!".  However, walking in, she noticed ... the person in front of her had two shadows.

Carefully, she walked around that person, toward the center of the room, and looked for Madam Pince.

Maxim slowly made his way through the entrance to the Hogwarts library, carrying an enormous amount of parchment in his hands. He almost bumped into one of the people leaving the room and with a frustrated sigh of apology, the Head Boy made his way past his old house professor to one of the tables by the windows.

He had a lot of homework to grade, Maxim realized as he looked forlorn at the pile. Not only for his classes, but where he was assistant as well. Wishing he could have something to drink or snack on, the Ravenclaw start sloughing through the, rather impressive, mountain of assignments, letting out different kinds of small noises when he found something particularly incredible, incomprehensible or impressive in the writings.

Rose enters the library and the first first thing she notices was that there were not a lot of people. She had a lot of homework to complete and it wasn't going to be easy. She finds herself a good spot near the window and takes out her quill.

"I should start with A Visit To Diagon Alley, then I'll move on to the other ones," she whispers to herself.

She opens up her books and takes out some parchment. She sits and thinks for a moment, and then starts writing.

"I've a lot of work in this class, but I think I'll complete this one soon. The assignments are nor hard, neither long. I guess Manya will be here soon," she says.