Gryffindor Common Room
Prof. Sky Alton

Start here! (Introduction)

Thank goodness you’re all here!

I was just making my way to Gryffindor tower to make sure everything was ready for the start of Gryfftoberfest when someone told me the terrible news.

The Fat Lady has gone missing! She just walked out of her frame a few hours ago and nobody has seen her since. I’ve sent people all over the castle to try to find her and ask her to come back but no luck yet. We need everyone, staff and student alike, to join the search party!

I need to stay here and guard the portrait hole. We’ve managed to prop it open to let people come and go but we can’t have it like this for long. It’s a terrible security risk! I don’t know what we’re going to do if we don’t find the Fat Lady soon though. We might have to cancel the entire celebration. Gryfftoberfest without our stalwart door guardian is unthinkable!

If you’d like to help us, you’ll need to search the castle and interview certain residents who might have some information about the Fat Lady that could help us solve the mystery of her whereabouts. Beware though, they’ll probably ask for your help with certain tasks in return.

The technicalities:

Your job is to venture from area to area, gathering clues and the passwords you’ll need to advance to the next one.

You’ll advance by completing a particular task in each of the subforums (the password tasks will all be pinned to the top of the list), set by one of the castle residents. They will then message you the password for your next stop. There will be an extra task or tasks in each area that you can choose to do for extra rubies. You can always retrace your steps and do those later, once you’ve solved the mystery.

Sir Nick is in the subforum called ‘The Common Room’. He has your first password but he also has some games and other fun to try to keep the Gryfftoberfest spirit alive. If you need a break from searching, you can head back there for a well earned break.

There are 320 rubies up for grabs across all the tasks, including Sir Nick’s games in the Common Room. You’ll earn a bonus of 30 rubies if you complete all the tasks available. That’s a total of 350 in all. Everyone who successfully solves the mystery and finds the Fat Lady will earn the shiny Gryfftoberfest Award.

You’ll also find a matching roleplay over in our Roleplay section. The fat Ladies good friend Violet is going to lead a thorough search of the 7th floor and she needs all the help she can get. Plus, there’s another possible 20 rubies up for grabs over there!

Please remember not to spoil the mystery for anyone else if you complete it first. If you have a question about one of the clues, ask a staff member, rather than asking it publicly.

If you can’t complete a task for accessibility reasons, please do reach out to one of us and we’ll gladly provide an alternative that suits you.

All tasks are due at the end of Gryfftoberfest, on October 31st at 11:59 PM HOL-time.

Help us save the celebration and find the Fat Lady! Head over to The Common Room forum and speak to Sir Nick to get started.

Remember you have just over a week to help us find her! Make sure you've turned in all your tasks by 11:59 PM HOL-time on the 31st of October.

For those of you who've already solved the mystery, remember that you need to post in 'Unknown' location' to complete your quest.

This is the first password task: 

Due to the downtime last weekend, I'm granting everyone 24 hours of extra time to submit things for Gryfftoberfest. You have until 11:59 PM on Sunday the 1st to find the Fat Lady.

Downtime once again intervened unexpectedly. This really is an unlucky Gryfftoberfest ;)

For those of you who've already begun the quest (if you've moved onto the Prefects Bathroom or beyond) then you have until 11:59 PM HOL-time tomorrow (November 3rd) to turn in as much as you can.