Gryffindor Common Room
Sir Nick

Rally Around

You should all know by now that I have tried many times to join the Headless Hunt, but they will not allow me to join - ridiculous (as is their reasoning)! Having my background, I know quite a bit about battles and how to emerge victorious (I'd be quite a valuable addition to the Headless Hunt in my opinion). I've heard rumors that some of you are rather skilled in this area of expertise as well... so I will be testing each and every one of you. Prove to me you know your strategy and how victory happens! 

This game works as follows: The first person will answer who they think would win a battle and then post two more HP characters. The next person will answer and present two more and so on. You have to have a good amount of reasoning of why you think that character would win for each choice so you can't simply write down the winner's name. These can be who you seriously think would win or something a bit more ridiculous. You will earn two rubies per post for your first five posts. Let the battles begin!

The first two characters are: Bellatrix Lestrange and Fenrir Greyback.

Bellatrix Lestrange would win over Fenrir Greyback. She's got the knowledge, the skill and the attitude. She's also got a lot better clothing taste.

Who would win between Mrs. Norris and Crookshanks?

Mrs Norris, she is way more vicious despite Crookshanks' kneazle blood. She did survive a lot of years and through hundreds and hundreds of mischievous students.

Rubeus Hagrid or Firenze?

Sadly I would say Firenze would win, since he has more experience fighting, cold head, and more resources -magically speaking- than our lovely Hagrid.

Between Harry Potter and Cedric Diggory?

At the point when Cedric was still alive? Definitely Cedric. He was three/four years older than Harry and had that much more knowledge and skill. He was not picked the main Hogwarts champion for nothing.

Petunia Dursley or Arabella Figg?

I'm gonna go with Arabella Figg because she is clever, witty, and will be able to scare Petunia very easily.

Who would win, Severus Snape or Igor Karkarov?

Posted (edited)

I think Snape would best Karkaroff, but only after an extensive hide-and-seek. Karkaroff is slippery but Snape has decades of experience playing both sides to win.

Dobby or Winky?

Edited by Maxim Trevelyan

Winky is far more resourceful than Dobby, and I think she'd knock Dobby off as Dobby talked about what he had to do.

Quirinus Quirrell or Gilderoy Lockhart?

Quirrell I think. He was rumored to be quite a good DADA professor before the whole possession. I do not think Lockhart has really any talents but Memory Charms.

James Potter or Lily Potter?

Lily Potter FO SHO! she was the Hermione Granger of her time so she would know more spells and how to use them wisely against others.

Lupin or Tonks?

Despite Tonks' morphing abilities, Lupin is a werewolf and there are some abilities he might posses. Plus, he is good enough to teach DADA at Dumbledore's request. On the other hand, Tonks is an auror. Tough decision, but I will go with Lupin.

Kingsley Shacklebolt or Dolores Umbridge?

Although it might be hard to believe, I'm pretty sure that, as an Auror, Kingsley Shacklebolt has dealt with far worse witches than Dolores Umbridge. Umbridge may not hesitate to use Unforgivable Curses, but Kingsley is trained to expect them and knows how to counter them.

Sir Patrick Delaney-Podmore or The Bloody Baron?

The Bloody Baron   Sir Patrick Delaney-Podmore   The Bloody Baron.   Maybe he'd bore Sir Patrick to death with his groaning and clanking.  Okay okay, Sir Patrick is already dead but the thought is there!

Lavender Brown or Susan Bones?

Lavender for sure. She's a determined woman who fights for what she wants and doesn't back down very easily. 

Fred or George Weasley?

Darren O'Hare because (again like George and Fred) he might be a little more patient, as evinced by his invention of the Hawkshead Attacking Formation whereas Roderick Plumpton likes to get things done quickly (shown by his 3 1/2 second capture of the Snitch in 1921).

Crup or Kneazle?

Kneazle because they are known for their edge, intellect, independence, and knowing when someone is untrustworthy. 

Ron or Hermione?

Hermione as she is more bold, smart, and is always be ready to knock Ron off his shoes.

Dumbledore or Voldemort?

Dumbledore, he is more powerful, knew more about magic and even Voldemort was not able to take the philosopher's stone when Dumbledore was in Hogwarts.

Draco or Ron?

Draco - because he's learned a lot of charms, hexes and curses, and would probably be more willing to use them than Ron.

Who would win between Xenophilius Lovegood or Yaxley?

Yaxley would likely accidentally set off one of the random objects that Xenophilius Lovegood happens to be carrying on him, allowing Mr. Lovegood to take advantage and win.

Alicia Spinnet or Katie Bell?

Oh, that's hard! Katie Bell. She's acquired even more attitude after being cursed by the necklace (and was a Chaser right off, not a reserve, which maybe means Alicia would 'give way' to Katie subconsciously).

Zacharias Mumps or Goodwin Kneen?

I would say Kneen, just cuz I believe he had more knowledge on the game (I'm guessing they would had a Quidditch match).

Dobby or Kreacher?

Ginny Weasley because she seems to be more hot tempered than Fleur. Though, Fleur is a part Veela, Ginny is a Weasley.

Severus Snape or Lucius Malfoy?