Gryffindor Common Room
Prof. Sky Alton

October Scenario: Where Did She Go?

You arrive in the 7th floor corridor that leads to Gryffindor tower to find it in uproar. The Fat Lady has gone missing! She’s just walked out of her frame without explanation, right before the party to open the Gryfftoberfest celebrations. Everyone is being asked to join the search. The air is alive with speculation about what might have lead her to disappear and what might happen if she can’t be located.

A very distressed looking portrait arrives, ringing her hands and appealing for people to follow her and conduct a thorough search of the portraits on the 7th floor.

The Situation:

Organise yourselves into searching parties and accompany The Fat Ladies good friend, Violet, on a thorough search of the 7th floor. Look for the Fat Lady in every single portrait you can find and see if you can find any clues to what’s gone on as well.

Locations:

You may search anywhere on the 7th floor of Hogwarts Castle (you may create rooms, though please describe them well so others can keep up and don’t make them too outlandish.). Try to move slowly enough that people can keep track of where you are at any one time.

Note: You may not roleplay actually finding the Fat Lady as her location is the key to solving the broader Gryfftoberfest mystery. Please head on over to the Gryfftoberfest forum for more details on that.

Make sure you've read the guidelines before jumping in. Have fun!

Maxim hurried to the Gryffindor Common Room after being notified about the situation. He, as a Head Boy, was "volunteered" to lead one of the search parties on the Seventh floor. Maxim wondered whether Gail and Arianna would come and help him out by taking some of the people.

Looking around for any of the Gryffindor staff he knew, Maxim thought about what could have happened. It was mysterious, though not unheard of, that the Fat Lady disappeared. Portraits were known to move between each other, but they always came back, especially if they had such an important job like guarding the entrance.

The Ravenclaw leaned on one of the walls at the entrance and waited.

I heard that the Fat Lady was missing and rushed to the 7th floor immediately - couldn't finish my sandwich but oh well.

When I got to the 7th floor I saw Maxim leaning against the wall near our common room entrance, he seemed to be thinking really hard on what was happening.

I waved at him and started looking at the portraits around. "Have you seen the Fat Lady?", "When and where was the last time you saw her?" I started asking one by one but no one knew.

I once again looked at Maxim and asked "any thoughts on what could have happen?" in hopes he could have any ideas. As for me, it is just my second year. In my first year she didn't go missing so I was quite scared that something bad might have happen to her.

I happened to be strolling along on this wonderful October morning down a corridor on the 7th floor, absently exploring while also attempting to locate what I could have sworn was the tail of niffler scurrying around the corner. I was interrupted however by quite the commotion down by the Gryffindor Common Room. Curious, I turned towards the concerned voices down the hall.

Turning the corner I noticed several students milling around with a buzz of worried excitement. Observing the crowd, no faces were familiar to me except one. I noticed a second year Gryffindor speaking to the 6th year Ravenclaw Head Boy who had introduced himself as Maxim to me the other day. I caught parts of the second year's questions, but they were mostly muddled by all the whispers and commotion around me. '"Where did she go?" "What happened?" "I hope she's okay." "Who want's to help me look?" "Let's search together."' These were only a few of the conversations floating around me. I was confused as to who they were referring to. Who was missing?

I stepped forward into the crowd and made my way towards the front of the group where everyone was packed closest together. "I'm so sorry, excuse me.", I apologized to someone I accidentally got pushed up against. Looking up, some students in front of me happened to move to the side which gave me a view of what was the subject of everyone's concern: The Fat Lady was gone.

I stepped forward and lightly traced the frame while inspecting it for any scratches or tears, but nothing suspicious stood out from the painted scene. I was puzzled. I remembered this had happened once many years ago my father had told me. He had told me of a time when he had attended Hogwarts when The Fat Lady had disappeared once before in fear of the wrongly accused late Sirius Black. Was someone trying to break in? Was she hiding in fear again or did she fall asleep in someone else's painting somewhere in the castle? Where is she now?

Arkadia stood lost in thought in front of the vacant painting, oblivious to the excitement around her.

Violet peers out at everyone from a nearby canvas. It's a very unpleasant place to stand as their are storm clouds over head and several fat raindrops that keep bouncing off her head. All the same, she can't bring herself to step into the empty portrait at the end of the corridor. Not now...

Violet clears her throat, trying to catch the students' attention. She does it a little louder as she gets no response. The third time, she ends up causing herself a terrible coughing fit. That at least makes a few people look round....

"I need as many of you as possible to come with me," she says, once her eyes have stopped watering. "We must search every painting that we can to find her!" She looks down, looking genuinely distressed. "The last time she vanished for this long without letting me know, something dreadful had happened to her."

Manya just finished her breakfast and thought she must attend her classes, she suddenly noticed she forgot to take her Transfiguration book with her so she went back to the 7th floor to bring her book. She saw a little crowd in front of the Fat Lady's portrait, she heard by some students IT HAS GONE LOST!!!  Manya jostled among the crowd saying, "Excuse me, please," she somehow managed to go in front of the portrait and yes, it was empty, She saw Maxim and Carrie talking about where it has gone, She saw another girl maybe her name is Arkadia whom she noticed talking with Sky in the big hall, She went to them and asked, "What? What has happened? where did she go? well.. I,I think we should start searching for it,

Then she hear a sound coming from another portrait, Violet,! She is a very good friend of the fat lady, Manya said, "Maxim, Carrie, Violet is saying something!" 

A sudden coughing fit jostled me from my deep thoughts. Another portrait a couple frames over was peeking out asking for help. Arkadia immediately hurried over to the poor, distressed individual in the painting whom she learned was named Violet from a fellow first year Manya who was standing with Maxim and another student by the name of Carrie.

Stepping up to the painting, "Don't worry Violet. All of us will do our absolute best to find her, I know it! Try not to fret.", she smiled gently. "Now, where should we start our search?"

Manya saw Arkadia talking with Violemt,Manya went to her and said, "Errrr..., umm, Hello? I am Manya, Manya Granger, though I know it is not a suitable moment for intro and all.... but I think We should search for her together,We should stand together and trust me we will find her".

Manya said" But from where, where should we start to search her, I think we should stay with Max and Carrie, they are our seniors they now  the castle better than us! Maxim, Carrie, Do yoou guys have any idea, from where should we search finding??''

Arkadia turned to a fellow first year who introduced herself as Manya. She smiled at her and replied, "It's nice to meet you. I'm Arkadia Klarke. This isn't the most ideal opportunity for introductions, I agree", she chuckled to herself before continuing, "then again, I'm not so sure there are ever ideal or more suitable moments for introductions."

"I will be glad to join the search with you for the lost Lady. And I definitely agree that we should stay with Maxim & Carrie and any other students above us with more knowledge of the castle and grounds."

Arkadia was excited and eager to help the others in the search for the Fat Lady and followed Manya over to where Carrie & Maxim stood.

Violet perks up a little, now people are paying attention to her.

"We should head along the east side of the castle to begin with. There are some nice portraits along that corridor that she liked to visit." She glances around absently, "Perhaps some of you had better follow me?"

Manya turned to Arkadia as she was asking her should they follow Violet together Manya said, "Arkadia, I think we should follow Violet, would you like to join me??"

After enjoying a happy breakfast, Rose joyfully starts hopping up to the Gryffindor Common Room to get her books. But what she sees puts her in astonishment.

"Fat Lady gone! Where did she go?"

Rose rushes to Manya, who had reached here before her and joins Manya with Maxim, Carrie and Violet.

"What could have happened?" asked Rose.

"This is the same thing am also thinking Rose," said Manya as her best friend Rose Pottermore asks about what caould had happen, Manya continued saying, "Even, Maxim, Carrie who are oue seniors are also surprised, I met a girl called Arkadia( Manya pointed her), she is also trying to figuring it out, Fat lady's good friend another portrait Violet told me that there are some portraits along the corridor, where the fat lady would love to visit, I think we should find her there."

Manya finishes talking in just one breath to Rose, as she was so tensed and worried about the fat lady, being a muggle born these things are very new to her, she did not even think in her dreams she have to face this kind of trouble in Hogwarts.

I headed out from the dungeons to the seventh floor but was not sure where to search.  Seeing that people were already looking at a few portraits, I decided to go past them and headed for the first unclaimed portrait.  The Fat Lady wasn't there, but maybe she'd be nearby!

Rose looks around her and sees students and professors from every house. She turns again to Manya, notices the look on worry and astonishment on her face and says, "Oh don't worry Manya, the Fat Lady will be found soon. I am going to look around for her. We should ask other paintings if they know anything about her disappearance."

Manya agreed with Rose when she suggested to ask other paintings, she said," Violet told us we should look in the corridors, what do you think, what you should do?" 

Manya was sweating even in the cool weather of Hogwarts! 

When enough of a group gathered on the seventh floor, Maxim slowly started counting heads and figuring out which students will he take with him to inspect Hogwarts' hallways.

Nodding to some of the students he recognized, either from his house, classes or as a Head Student, he followed some of the Gryffindor first years who appeared to be lead by The Fat Lady's friend. Maxim decided to join them as he figured the portrait knew what it was talking about.

"Did anyone mention when she went missing?" Maxim questioned out loud, though not sure if anyone had any answers to his query.

"No idea, Maxim," replied Rose. " She was here last night, and today morning as well, but I don't exactly know when she left."

"Violet's the Fat Lady's best friend, we must look around the corridors as she says," said Rose, turning to Manya.

"I...errr...amm I came here when I saw people gathering, and Violet, The fat lady's best friend told me that she could be in some portraits of corridor.. but I do not know when she got missing," Manya said this when Rose turned to her as Maxim asked when the she went missing, "I am in in Hogwarts, and really do not know the castle properly, you are our senior and you must know this castle more than us, So, me and Rose were waiting for some seniors with whom we can search for the Fat lady," Manya told this to Maxim,

"I think we should start from the corridors,cause according to Violet, she could be there." Manya looked at Rose's a d Maxim's face to know what did they think about this idea.