Gryffindor Common Room

To prepare for opening night, let’s try a spot of improv!

This is a type of theatre where you have to make up something on the spot based on a suggestion or some other form of inspiration. It can get very wild and fun.

Our improv game is simple. The person who posted just before you will give you a Harry Potter character and an event. Your job is to decide what that character would say if confronted by that event (the event can be as serious or silly as you like and please do use muggle ones as well as wizarding ones). Then you leave another character and event for the next person to run with.

For example:

Person 1: You are Bellatrix Lestrange and you’ve just missed the bus.

Person 2: “I will destroy all muggle buses and dance on their smouldering remains for this indignity!”

You’re Luna Lovegood and you’re ordering a coffee…

And so on

You’ll earn 2 rubies per post for your first 5 posts. Please wait for someone else to respond before posting again and make sure you remember to include the character/event for the next person.

So, to begin…

You’re Professor McGonagall and someone has just managed to transfigure their friend into a kangaroo in your lesson.

I'll change everyone in my class into kangaroos and send them to zoo.

You're Draco Malfoy and someone played a prank on you.

You are gonna regret this ! You, and your bloody chicken !

You are Uncle vernon and accidenly you slipped from stairs.

"This is all your doing, boy! You did something to these stairs didn't you!"

You're Lucius Malfoy and had to visit a muggle primary school.

Associating with Muggles!! what worst can happen to me??

You are Voldemort and locked in a same room with Dumbledor.

I'll ask Dumbledore if he saw my nose anywhere because I'm not able to find it. ( hehe )

You're Bellatrix Lestrange and you just escaped from Azkaban.

I go in search for my Dark Master to talk of continuing his evil plan over some butterbeer.

You are Hermione Granger and just became Muggle Prime Minister.

This is going to be fine, this will be great. I can do this. It's gonna be fine....

You are Hagrid and just found a new Dragon egg

I'll yell "This stupid muggle thing!!!" and run around like a maniac.

You are Hermione Granger and a boggart Professor McGonagall just told you that you failed every subject.

What an Idiot ?! the person who checked my papers, I cannot fail !

You are Aunt Petunia and Dudley got a letter from Hogwarts.

I'll look at Dudley and say,"You are not going anywhere, and don't act like a freak!"

You're Sirius Black and the Dementors surround you.

I turn into a dog and run away, barking like mad.

You are Professor McGonagall and a Muggle mistook you for their friend in front of The Leaky Cauldron.

Edited by Maxim Trevelyan

I'll say,"Sorry, I don't know who you are. And do get out of my my or I'll turn you in a toad. And yes, I am serious about it."

You're Lucius Malfoy and Draco Malfoy took Hogwarts's side, betraying Voldemort.

Internally I feel a great relief and gladness. Externally, I show a very stern face and put him on the 'outcast' list (so that the Death Eaters don't perhaps go to punish and/or kill him and also so that maybe Lord Voldemort doesn't kill me). I also tell him to stay at Hogwarts 'as punishment'.

You're Seamus Finnigan and your feather just levitated (and didn't catch on fire).

"Should I poke it with my wand? I think I should poke it with my wand. Maybe it's a delayed response"

You're Professor Flitwick and a troll just interrupted your choir practice.

I'll do this:

"Bark, bark, bark, bark", and chase the spider.

You are Winky and your master gave you one months' work.

"But master... I cannot keep an eye on Mr. Crouch Jr for a second, even less for month, he just disappears all the time..."

You are Ron Weasley and just found a spider on your pillow as you woke up

When I see it, I'll go "AAAAAAAHH!!!". Then when others come to ask me what happened, I'll say "There was this spider on my bed, and I saw it, and the spider saw me, so I went AAAAAAAAHH spider!! and the spider went AAAAAAAHH Ron!!!!."

You're Neville Longbottom and your parents are sane now.

I cry with happiness and gladness and hug them.   (That's lovely, Rose!)

You are a House-Elf and Hermione Granger is talking with you about not being forced to be bonded to any wizard.

"House elves are not supposed to be free, house-elves must follow their masters. But maybe you are right."

You are Alastor Moody and a friend invited you to his birthday party.

"Meow, meow". I'll then leap over him and try my best to catch him, then hand him to Azkaban escapee, mass murderer Sirius Black. Or else just easily gobble him up.

You're Prof. Severus Snape and one of the Gryffindors in your class seems happy. (hehehe)