Gryffindor Common Room
Prof. Sky Alton

September Scenario: Breakfast in the Great Hall

"Well, I am from India and it is also hot there too, lol! But i have seen snows before , in the hilly area. Yeah, I also belong from a muggle family. It was a strange story i received a letter on my 16th birthday, and I thought someone musthave played a prank on me, but later when i got so many letters, I understood that I am a witch. After few days I received a letter from Rose who is from India too andboth of us started our magical journey together!" Manya replied Elladora. "By the way tell me about your wand,patronous, first experience in Hogwarts Express??" Manya asked Elladora0.

This two girls are going to share a great bond of friendship

"Well... if you must know, I was helping some first year students who where creating a fuss and the Prefects were all busy. They wanted to go to the Charms Classroom... I don't know how they got in there but they tried to make magic and made a tiny hole in the table so I told them to leave of Prof. Black would be annoyed and I tried using the Reparo spell but since I don't know it yet I made the tiny hole a big one instead" - I maintained eye contact in hope Tarma would see I was telling the truth. - "I will take whatever punishment I deserve" - I tried to focus but that sweet in her hands was making my mouth watering. My eyes were going from her to the sweet and back. I was so hungry, plus I still needed my coffee. 

In the back I heard Rose approaching and greeting Prof. Tarma *phew*

Hopefully that will make Tarma forget about the hole... until I can find a way to fix it

While Manya was talking with Elladora, She listened Carrie talking with Prof. Black about the hole, She went to carrie andsaid, "Hey Carrie. though i do not know magic so well, but I have studied some books, when i bought them from Diagon Alley before coming here, I think maybe we can try a little magic, Amm Ella would you like to come with me?" Manya asked Ella as she  was already missing Rose and don't wanna lose Ella's company.

I was suddenly surrounded by my new little Gryff friends from first year and they were just adorable. "Thanks, Manya dear" - I said looking at her gently - "but don't worry about it, I'm sure Prof. Tarma and I can solve this together" - I said reassuring it not only to her but to myself - "plus, it gives me the chance to work hand-in-hand with the Charms professor!" - I said out loud and gave Manya an even bigger smile and a hug. "By the way... do you know if there's any coffee left at the Gryff table?"

• Like 1

Another person approached Tarma, greeting her by name. Tarma turned to look at yet another new student. "I'm fine, thank you." she said politely, while wondering why all these students were up near the professor table and not seated at their own House tables.

"Miss Warts, we'll speak of this later. In the meantime, I hope you will stay clear of the Charms classroom."  She focused a bit, appearing to be looking into space, and then smiled. If Carrie went anywhere close to the classroom before it was time for classes, she would be stuck with a semi-permanent sticking charm until Tarma got there. She looked at the new student and vaguely recognized her from the Sorting Hat. "I hope you enjoy Hogwarts, Miss Pottermore."

She nodded to both of them and was about to return to the table, to eat her breakfast properly, then had a thought. It'd take just a few moments to go to her classroom, fix whatever it was that needed fixing, and then come back and eat without something needing to be done looming over her.

"Enjoy your breakfast, ladies" she said to Rose and Carrie, and left the room to take care of business elsewhere.

[leaving Great Hall and rpg for now]

“My wand is beech wood with a Phoenix feather core, 13 3/4 inches, and brittle flexibility,” Elladora replies, happy about getting to know her friend. “I love my patronus! It’s a unicorn!” Elladora says enthusiastically. “My first time on the Hogwarts express, I was a little confused to be honest. I didn’t know where to find platform 9 3/4, but then I saw some other people talking about it and followed them. I was amazed seeing the train for the first time. It was so beautiful. Before I got on the train, I hugged my parents goodbye. That was a little sad, but I was too excited, that I just couldn’t be sad. I found an empty chair to sit in and some other people sat around me. When it came time for snacks, I made sure to bring some money so I could try some jumping frogs. I had been dying to try them. They were really good, too! I was so excited when we first got to Hogwarts but I was also kinda nervous for the sorting ceremony. Even though I already knew I belonged in Hufflepuff. Tell me about you wand, patronus, and Hogwarts express experience. Also, I would love to hear about how you met Rose. You two seem to be good friends. She seems really nice.”

• Like 1

" I guess you will find the coffee cups at our breakfast table," Manya smiled and told Carrie and walk back to the table. " My wand is Alder wood, Phoniex feather core with a suprisingly swishy flexibility, and my patronous is a white mare, well meeting Rose is a strange story, I don't know how she got to know me but few days of receiving my Hogwarts letter i received an owl with a letter " Hello Manya, Can you share a little introduction, Am your fellow hogwarts mate" it was written there, and then I met her on King cross station,.. I found  platform 9 3/4  quite easily it is a little suprising thing but yeahh, i found it  easily when i saw another wizarding students, I tried chocolate frogs at hogwarts express,and the scenary was awesome outside the window.. my parents came to say good bye to me, it was little emotional but witchcraft ismpre interesting, so I smiled at sit at my Hogwarts express, I always knew am a Gryffindor and I sorted here." 

'by the way how did you findme?" Manya asked Rose, "well Ella tell me something interesting abut you?"

“I don’t really know whats interesting about me,” Elladora says and laughs a little. “This is my first time out of the United States. That’s kind of interesting. I have always wanted to travel to Europe so this is really fun for me. Before I was sorted into a house, I knew I was going to be in either hufflepuff or ravenclaw, but I’m not as smart as a ravenclaw so hufflepuff is perfect for me. I had a pretty normal childhood, except a few times when I did something I couldn’t explain. One time when I got a little mad at my mom, her glass of wine spilled over out of no where and stained her white dress. My parents had known what Hogwarts was because my aunt was in it, but they never thought I would be in it until I got my letter. What about you? Tell me about yourself. I would love to learn about your family and childhood too,” Elladora says to Manya.

Elladora sees another girl sit next to her. She hasn’t seen her around yet this year. She introduces herself. “Hi I’m Elladora.” The girl seems friendly and is very beautiful. “I love your outfit,”she adds.

'Ohh it is my first time in UK too, I always wanted to study here. I also had a normal childhood, I am related to the royal family so everyone who is not from our family use to think there is something magical here, although everyone is muggle in my family. I don't know maybe someone of my family was a  witch or wizard' Manya smiled. "When my letter came my parents was against of going to Hogwarts, they thought I should concentrate into my studies,  but hen i told hem about my interest in witchcraft and the letter were coming continuously finally they agreed", I did not know anything about the houses, but i have always been a studious student so i read Hogwarts handbook before coming here, and there I got to know about the houses, I knew that I will be in Gryffindor, But you will not believe me the sorting hat wanted to sort me slytherin at first,..." Manya told Ella in a low volume.  

"Yeah, runes," Maxim gave a nervous chuckle. "That might or might not be my fault," he snorted, looking away as he popped last of the chocolates into his mouth. It was one of the OWLs he was asked to write after he passed his exams. The hardest one, but he was actually really proud of it.

"Anyway, got my classes to prepare for," he waved, taking a croissant from the Gryffindor table and stuck it in his pocket. With a look of contemplation he took an apple too. "Especially that new one, it has a lot of signups," Maxim frowned. "A lot more than I expected anyway."

"I'll meet you and Arianna in the Entrance Hall then after last class is finished?" he asked Gail and gave her a quick hug before waving at the rest of the group that remained, leaving the Great Hall.

[OOC: Exit.]

Arkadia Klarke came darting up the halls only slowing her step as she passed by Professors, until she came upon the Great Hall. It was just as magnificent, breathtaking and magical as it had been the night before during the Sorting Ceremony. She was late to first breakfast due to her having the habit of losing track of time. She had been up well before dawn due to her excitement of this being her first day at Hogwarts. But she had gotten distracted with some little friends of hers. She had spent the nearly entire morning feeding and observing her caterpillars who she hoped would make it to their adult forms as moths. She lost all track of time, so despite being up early with more than enough time to prepare, she scrambled, resulting in her now hurrying through the entrance of the Great Hall. She didn't even glance around to see all the new faces. She knew that if she didn't grab something quick, her chance for breakfast would be gone in a literal "poof". She just managed to grab an orange and a slice of toast with strawberry jam, when she finally noticed the commotion overhead only due to the fact she very nearly missed being side-swiped by a beautiful tawny owl. She laughed, replying, "Good morning to you as well, friend!", and looked on in amazement at the graceful creatures flying above.

There was no mail for her this morning. She knew she'd hear from her parents soon. They were both very busy individuals who both had much knowledge to share with others. She was excited to see what the first day would bring and what magical beasts she would meet during her school term.

Sky calls goodbye to Maxim as he leaves. She hands out the last few Gryffindor time tables and begins to hurry towards the staff table. Maybe she'll finally get a coffee now... if Tarma's not drunk the lot.

She smiles and waves to new and familiar faces alike as she makes her way through the room. She's just passing the hufflepuff table when an owl crash lands in a huge bowl of cornflakes, spraying them everywhere. She gives a very un-dignified squeak of surprise, recovers herself and then rolls up the sleeves of her robes to deal with the mess.

Arkadia was suddenly brought back to earth when a crash sounded down the table on her left. She tore her gaze from above and looked over to see a Professor Sky covered in cornflakes & milk and the poor creature that was the cause of the mess, both looking equally ruffled.

She hurried down the aisle towards the commotion, grabbing a few dry cloth napkins along the way. Reaching the Professor, she smiled and offered a couple napkins, "Here you go Professor Alton. I'm not particularly fond of milk in the morning, but I certainly am not in favor of wearing it." She then turned to the owl that was still stumbling around in the mess trying to get it's footing. Offering her hand to the owl, she coaxed it to come near her. "You will be alright little one. It's probably best that you stick to your natural diet and keep away from milk & cornflakes, huh?", she chuckled as she dipped the napkin in a glass of water and began cleaning up the shaken creature.

"It certainly doesn't fit the impression of cool and collected competence that I was going for for the first morning back," Sky agrees, smiling broadly at the helpful first year. She begins to clean off her robes while using her wand to tidy up the mess on the floor. "I think they get a bit disorientated with all the people and distraction, poor things," she adds, nodding to the bedraggled owl.

"Oh I'm sure that's a likely cause. They have such wonderful hearing that I bet all the noise in here has them jostled.", she replied as she finished grooming the sweet owl before she continued, "I think the first day is disorienting for everyone involved if you think about it. Rushing around, finishing last minute details, seeing old friends and the excitement of new ones, making sure class schedules are given to the students, etc." She looked up from the owl she was now rubbing under it's beak, "Sometimes I suppose it takes a bowl of milk & cereal to make us slow down for a second.", she chuckled as she grinned at the Professor.

"That's certainly true," Sky says, stowing her wand back in her robes, the floor now spotless again. She reaches up to smoothe her hair and let's out a long, steadying breath. Breakfast has already been far more eventful than she could have imagined

"Are you looking forward to class? Or is that a silly question."

Man, she only graduated last year but already she's sounding so boring and out of touch. She better raise her game if she doesn't want everyone nodding off in her first lesson.

"I am most definitely looking forward to class! I'm eager to learn new things and what all there is to learn. So, no, that's not a silly question in my opinion.", she responded excitedly, eyes beaming.

"How long have you been a Professor here? Were you assigned to your class or did you choose it?"

She was genuinely interested because her knowledge of the current staff was very little. Her father had attended, but that was many years ago of course and her mother is a muggle so of course her mother had no knowledge other than what her father had shared with her mother.

The owl, however seemed to have gotten it's fill of the current conversation or had grown tired of the ruckus in the Great Hall and took off much more gracefully than it had landed and soared out one of the open windows in search of a more suitable breakfast, Arkadia assumed.

"This is my first year," Sky explains, "I only graduated from Hogwarts a few months ago. It's strange, it feels simultaneously like yesterday and forever ago. Prof. Will Lestrange and I were students together." She taps her fingers absently on the handle of her wand. "It's intensely odd seeing all this from a professor's point of view now."

She cranes her neck, trying to make sure that a boy at the Ravenclaw table isn't hiding an ever-bashing boomerang under his copy of the Daily Prophet.

"I chose what I teach, though obviously only a certain number of core subjects are vacant at any one time. I teach some additional classes on literature and stuff like that, those I created myself and the headmaster kindly let me teach them." She returns her attention fully to Arkadia. "I help out around the Library as well. There's no rest for the wicked, I guess."

"I'm sure it is almost like another world being a Professor, especially for your first term." , she agreed, following where Prof. Alton's eyes had just been on the curious boy. "You definitely keep yourself busy it sounds like! It's neat that the headmaster allowed you to teach your own personal subjects though!", she smiled at the professor. "I'll have to stop by the library some time. I always enjoy a good read."

Arkadia straightened out a few wrinkles in her slightly oversized orange sweater that she just now noticed before a question popped into her head.

"Professor, is there any advice you may have just in general? Especially this being my first year at the school?"

Sky ponders this for a second.

"Don't take on more than you can handle. At the same time though, don't be afraid to try things out. Your first year is the time to discover what you enjoy and what you have a flare for. Don't worry if you're not good at everything, nobody is." She smiles slightly, "I melted a cauldron once, so it's safe to say I'll never teach potions."

Arkadia laughed at the thought of Professor Alton melting a cauldron.

"I certainly plan to try many things now that I'm here! Thank you for the advice and I'll do my best to try and not melt anything while I'm here." She then noticed the time on her watch. Looks like her first impression for her first day was going  to show how consistantly late she can be.

Looking back up to the professor, "I do apologize Professor, but I'm afraid I'll be rushing around to my classes today. I had a late start this morning and I am absolutely the worst with keeping track of time", she chuckled at herself with a shake of her head, "I've very much enjoyed meeting you and I'm looking forward to what I will learn in your classes!"