Gryffindor Common Room
Prof. Sky Alton

September Scenario: Breakfast in the Great Hall

Elladora woke up a little late, but luckily she planned her outfit the night before. She put on her yellow turtle neck and black skirt, and was off to breakfast. As she approaches the great hall, she can smell all kinds a delicious foods. But one sticks out to her. Bacon! She rushes into the great hall, and stops for a second to take in the beauty of it. On her way down here, she heard some people talking about the new Hufflepuff, Sabastien. Elladora is a first year and since she didn't know anyone else, she decided that she wanted to become friends with him.  Elladora looks over to the Hufflepuff table and spots Sebastien sitting around a few other people. She gets a little nervous, but pulls herself together and walks over there. There was a spot next to him, so she decided that is where she wanted to sit.

Elladora spotted her owl swooping down towards the table to drop off her mail, as soon as she sat down. She opened it and found that inside was the bracelet that she has wanted for so long. There was a note next to it that read," Just wanted to give you a gift for your first day. Hope all goes well. I love you and miss you already! -Love, mom." She immediately put on the stunning gold bracelet, and started to pile food onto her plate. Before she started eating, she introduced herself to those sitting around her, starting with Sabastien. As soon as they started talking, she knew they would be great friends. Elladora introduced herself to the few other guys and girls sitting around her, and finished eating her breakfast. She was so excited that she made new friends, and the group talked throughout breakfast and on their way to their classes.

Edited by Elladora Jorkins

I was about to get a bite to eat until I realized I was sitting at the wrong table!  I was so used to sitting at my House table for meals - part of prefect duties and all - that I had completely forgotten that professors sit at a different table, regardless of house.  I found an empty spot at the professorial table and quickly got myself a cup of coffee, hoping no one had realized my mistake.  And even if everyone had, some of my favourite breakfast foods were right in front of me...

Tarma grinned as she watched Will getting up from the Slytherin table and making his way to the Professors table. Had he been in 'automatic mode' and thinking about his classes that he would be teaching -- officially -- as a Professor? Then he sat down and got himself a cup of coffee from the communal pot.

As she'd been sitting at the very end of the table, a good place to be in case of mischief gone awry and needing to move quickly, she simply put a rose on her plate and got up, walking over to where Will was sitting.  Standing off to his left, in back and to the side but in clear view, she grinned. "Hey, you being the 'absent minded Professor already?"

Maxim thanked the first year for the gift (one of his favorites too) and tore into it, already popping a chocolate in his mouth before Gail showed up. He waved enthusiastically to her as she was approaching them, the box of chocolates jiggling in his hand, in danger of sending all the goodies on the floor.

"I refuse to look past today on the timetable," he shrugged, wincing at the thought. "Today is easier for me, but that is mostly formalities. I assume it will pick up in the next days, leaving me weeping into the pillow at night," Maxim said sarcastically, although there was some truth to it. He didn't handle stress well, although the Ravenclaw found his best work was done during the pressure of deadlines.

Maxim groaned at the mention of fifth year. "Do not even..." he trailed off with a faraway look in his eyes. "Taking all 12 OWLs in one year was a mistake," he whined, popping another chocolate in his mouth, silently offering them to Gail as well. "Although I have to admit being free of them this year is a blessing."

"By the way, Gail, how are we doing the first year rounds between the three of us?" Maxim asked. While Gail was a year younger, she had more experience in Head Studentship. "Can I take dibs on Hufflepuff?" he asked, perking up. No ulterior motives there, especially not due to the location of their common room.

I listened to the younger Head Students discussing OWLs and remembered how my own were not that long ago.  Smiling as I realized that one of the exams I had written was going to be on the schedule next month, I turned back to Tarma and gave her a glare.  It would not do to make any more mistakes by being on autopilot; I had an impression I needed to maintain!  So I simply replied:  "Well, that's my one mistake for the day!"

Tarma almost snorted her coffee .... she'd been sipping it when Will turned and glared at her. "And here I thought you were going to develop a new trait!"  Before he had a chance to respond, she continued "Welcome to the place where we have more options of what to eat ..." and she motioned to the items which, while perhaps given on the tables for the students, were invariably gone by the time she'd ever gotten to it. "And the coffee in the urn - over there - is ... exquisite" she added, gesturing with her free hand at her mug. "You might want to try it."

Listening to Tarma, I was wondering what she was talking about:  the items looked no different than things that I regularly saw at my own House table!  But then I remembered that her time at Hogwarts as a student was far enough before mine that it isn't impossible that there was a time before 2013 that there were regularly shortages at the students' tables.  And as I started eating the food, it didn't taste any different either than what I remembered, so I responded:  "Was there a time when the food selections for students were a bit different?  As far as I can tell, the food at the staff table this year is no different than the food from my House table last year!"

Tarma grinned and pointed at some of the chocolate croissants filled with extra rich dark chocolate and some of the things that she especially liked. "No, I'm not aware of when the food selections were different .... but maybe the students of Slytherin were not so partial to certain things.  I was so often late to the Hufflepuff table that by the time I got there, a lot of my favorites were already gone!" She reached and snagged a chocolate croissant, while she was thinking about it.

She sipped again at her steaming hot breve, then took a bite of the croissant, while looking at the students at their different tables.  Ooops, that student just threw a doughnut and splashed that pumpkin juice all over ..... sotto voce woesfh ... There. Averted.

Manya went to give her seniors, prefect and headboy the muggle chocolate boxes, which was really hard to carry those boxes. She reached to their table and gave her seniors the the chocolate boxes. She noticed a Professor from the Slytherins table running towards the proffesors table hurrily. She returned to her table and Rose whispered in her ears " This is Prof. Will, I have heard about him". Manya said nothing and she saw a student splashing  a pumpkin juice all over. She said " oh dear!! It is the 1st day in Hogwarts and look at her...  I feel sorry for her!" But suddenly Prof. Tarma did a little charm from their table and all mess cleared. Manya was amazed! Being from a muggle family she knew nothing about magic and her mom would have scolded her so badly if she splashed the pumpkin juice like that! 'uffff!!!! This is just so fun here Rose!" then Carrie reminded Manya about class and homeworks.  " Hahaha, I know right?" Said Manya.

She noticed a Hufflepuff girl sitting beside Sebastien, she have not seen  her before, She went there to introduce herself.

edit: Rose gave me permission to speak for her.

Rose was enjoying the first day chaos as she planned gifts for everyone else.

"OK, a yellow and black scarf for Elladora, a box of pumpkin pasties for Prof. Tarma, (Rose was thinking to give her a self-filling coffee cup for her too, which she enchanted herself, but put it aside thinking what would happen if it malfunctions..) a book named A Thousand Ways To Prank Your Friends to Maxim (hoping he doesn't try them on me)".

"Yes, that would be - she ducks as a mint humbug from some first year students play war approaches her, and then rises up again - perfectly fine".

Hoping she doesn't trip with the pile of gifts in her hands, Rose, with precaution, walks to everyone she had planned the gifts for. When she returns, she notices Manya is with Elladora and proceeds towards Carrie, almost getting her head hit with another  mint humbug as she ducked again.

"Good Morning Carrie!"

Elladora sees a beautiful, friendly girl walking over to her. As she approaches, Sabastien leans over and says,”that Manya, she really nice, I think you two would be great friends.” 

Manya sits down next to Elladora, as they introduce themselves and start talking. They talk about what classes they are taking this term, what classes they are most excited for, and how they got into Hogwarts. Elladora comes from a muggle family so this is all very new and exciting to her. Manya waves to another girl as she approaches the table.

“Who’s that?”, Elladora asks.

“ That’s Rose. You two will be great friends,” Manya replies.

Elladora sees Rose holding some gifts in her hand and realizes she forgot to bring hers. She was running late this morning and totally forgot about them. She remembers that there are 2 cauldron cakes sitting on her nightstand in her room. She will bring them for Manya and Rose tomorrow morning. Rose sits down across from Elladora and Manya, and hands Elladora her gift. It is a beautiful yellow and black scarf. She immediately puts it on and loves it.

“This scarf is so pretty, thank you so much, Rose. This is a great final touch to my outfit,” Elladora says enthusiastically.

The three girls continue talking about what they are most excited for this year at Hogwarts.

“Care of magical creatures is a fun class, but I am most excited for potions class. I am also looking at joining the jeopardy club. I have done a few of the tasks and it was really fun. What about you guys?” Elladora asks.

• Like 1

"Oh you can definitely have Hufflepuff" Gail agreed "I'll talk to Arianna about who she wants." she winked "It pays to call dibs first." A lesson learned long ago which seemed to be true in most circumstances.

"Thanks for the chocolate." it really was quite delicious. "Brought those from home?" she wanted to know.

She had brought quite a lot of candy so she didn't have to take time out to go to Hogsmeade every time it was offered, or risk running out of sugar; She did expect this year would be filled with lots of studying.
"I have signed up for all 12 too" she said, feeling maybe a little apprehension at Maxim's words "I want to have them all done and not worry about them next year." which he did seem to agree was a good idea.

"I've read the Ancient Runes text already on the train - I'll have to read it again of course before I write the exam - but it sounds really interesting."

"Potions and Care Of Magical Creatures are surely going to be fun, good choices, but I just couldn't choose what to pick, so I chose the first five that I saw". Rose replies to Elladora, her new friend.

"Oh no!" she exclaims, as she saw Gail, "what can be the perfect gift for Gail? Hard job choosing gifts!".

Rose rushes back to where she was sitting at first to search through her pile of gifts, which was now getting smaller.

"What about this? Or this book? Or this scarf? Maybe I should give her the cupcakes I made.. Yes maybe that'll work." she speaks to herself.

Picking up a box of homemade chocolate cupcakes, she proceeds towards Gail, slight nervously.

"Hey Gail! Good morning! Well, I'm Rose, and I made these chocolate cupcakes, would you like to try some?" she says, smiling.

Staff Note: please remember the guidelines about controlling other people's characters. Nobody should be filling in what someone else said in their own post as this is godmodding and against RP etiquette. I know it can be hard to wait for someone to reply to carry on a conversation but please don't fill in what you think they'd say - wait for them to respond in a reply of their own. This may make your posts shorter but that's okay.

"Oh thank you!" Gail said as she saw the cupcake Rose offered her. "It looks delicious. I fear we haven't met yet, I'm Gail. What's your name?" She thought she might remember from the sorting last night, but she wasn't sure and would prefer not to guess in case she was wrong.
"Either way; I am glad to meet you." she returned the younger girl's smile, trying to reassure her; She looked slightly nervous and Gail wanted to put her at her ease.

Rose and Elladora exchange goodbyes before Rose leaves quickly to go give Gail her gift. ”Hope to see you again soon!” Elladora happily says as Rose leaves the table.

Elladora has already finished her first plate of food, but as she looks at everything she hasn’t tried yet, she decides she wants another small plate of food. She puts some chocolate filled croissants on her plate, and adds some fruit onto her plate. She tries a chocolate filled croissant for the first time, and absolutely loves them. Elladora turns back to Manya and Sabastien so they can talk some more before breakfast ends.

“So, do you know if they are having the Yule Ball this year? I’m really excited for that,” Elladora asks.

Manya introduced herself to Elladora and she is so friendly. Both of them started discussing about the classes and Ellla asked her about the yuleball "I cannnot say anything, I am also new here, But yeah our Gryffindor Fest in on the way!" Then Rose came and the 3 of them started talking continuesly and Manya gave a muggle chocolate box to Ella, And she saw Gail, she waved at her and gave her the chocolate boxes too,.

Manya found Elladora really interesting both of them come from mugggle families and she is very friendly, Rose left the table and went to Gail, Then Manya winked at Sebastien and said, "Well Sebastien, will you be my dance partner for the Yuleball?" 

“I don’t know if Hufflepuff has a fest like Gryffindor does. But I really hope they do. I am really liking Hufflepuff. I suits me well and i love all of the friends I have made so far also. How are you liking Gryffindor?” Elladora asks. “I hope we have a Yule Ball this year also. I really want to get all fancied up and hopefully get a date to the dance also.”

Manya answers Elladora then turns and talks to Sabastien as Elladora finishes up her plate of food. She is so excited about eating food this delicious every morning. That will surely brighten up everyday.

I was so focused on my plate that next time I looked up I saw a bunch of people having breakfast in the Great Hall. I missed so much for being so immerse in my own thoughts that I didn’t noticed Professor Tarma Black was over by the Croissant table with what I think was coffee. I was feeling chatty and I could use some coffee to fully wake up, plus I haven’t talk to Tarma in forever.

“is that a croissant I see in the pocket of your robe, Tarma?“ - I asked from behind scaring her a little *unintentional of course*

Tarma had been so focused on eating and sipping coffee and watching out for 'Ooops' with the new students that she totally missed that someone had stepped behind her. When Carrie spoke, Tarma spooked a bit and ... almost spilled her breve! Turning carefully, she eyed Carrie. 

"Hi Carrie."  She wondered, of course, if Carrie was up to mischief. No, cancel that. What mischief was Carrie up to now? "Welcome back to school! No, it's not a croissant, it's Kouign-Amann."  She grinned. "And it's mine. Mine, my precious!"

“What is it? Never heard or seen those before!“ - I replied fast. She could see through me, I could sense that she knew I was up to something before I was even up to something. But this time it was more than that...

“So... about the Charms classroom... and the hole in one of the tables... I’m so sorry I thought you said the whole room was spell proof and you know how clumsy I am... is there anything I can do to fix it?” - since using Reparo was what actually caused the hole... And we haven’t started class yet and I already made a mess. I just hope she doesn’t ask what happened or why was I even in the classroom at all

Manya answered Ella " When I sorted into Gryffindor, It felt like home, professors,seniors and other friends are like family members,I don't know why but I always had a feeling I would sort into Gryffindor and  am just loving it! and yess, i wish for the Yule Ball too!' Meanwhile Manya saw Carrie talking with proff. Tarma! "She must be into some mischief"; thought Manya herself.

she asked Elladora, " Well Ella,.. I can call you Ellla right? (a sweet nickname no? ;) ), How did you get into Hogwarts? Where are you from??"

"What it IS is good. Very tasty." Tarma took a bite and smiled, even with the flaky crust needing to be brushed off her chin, and clothes, and everything ....

"What were you doing in the Charms classroom?" Tarma scowled a little bit. "You're not supposed to have been wandering around. What if a paratrogbutel got you? I hear they were set loose in the hallways, to keep students from going where they're not supposed to go...."

"Rose, my name's Rose. Hope you liked the cupcakes, pleasure meeting you!" Rose replied to Gail. She was now feeling very enthusiastic and wandered around the Great Hall to look for new people. She notices Carrie and Prof. Tarma conversing, or doing something which looked liked they were having a conversation. Carrie was a little alarmed and Rose knew Carrie had been up to some mischief by the look of her face.

Rose walks up to them and greets Prof. Tarma, thinking of rescuing Carrie.

"Good Morning Professor! How are you doing?" she says, smiling.

“Of course! Lots of people call me Ella. :) I am from Florida, born and raised. It’s really hot there, so being a Hogwarts feels great. I might even see snow for the first time! I got into Hogwarts pretty normally. A letter arrived at my door and I was very shocked that I was a witch, since both of my parents are muggles. Funny story actually, the first time my letter arrived, I threw it away because I didn’t know what it was. But then when it came again, I opened it. What about you?” Elladora responded.

• Like 1