Gryffindor Common Room
Sky Alton

Task 6:The Main Event

"Hey Carrie," Jack calls. "Which are better Fizzing Whizzibees or Acid Pops?" Jack hopes she won't ask about the robes, he's not the best at charms and the patches are very small! "Hang on a sec," he says as he notices people tucking into food. Jack walks over to the cake which is already missing a few slices. He cuts a small slice when... SPLAT! The cake topples over and lands on his head. "Damn that was my last set of robes. What am I supposed to do now? Maybe I can borrow some?"

Lo watch shocked as she see Jack knock over cake. She not quick enough to stop fall. She see Jack very upset for dirty last robes. Lo does quick scouring charm clean up Jack robe so he not need borrow more. 

Sky sits back down when she realises Lorainia has already leapt to Jack's rescue. She gives her an approving nod. If there's one thing that truly makes her happy, it's how enterprising the new crop of Gryffies are.

She glances around the room and gives the signal for the orchestra of self-playing instruments to  strike up a tune. Most people have arrived by now so they might as well get the party started for real. She reaches for a nearby platter of pizza to snag aslice.

Jack thanks Lo as if he had tried the charm himself he probably would of blown up the robes... again. 

"Thanks Lo," he says, walking back over to Sky and Carrie. "Though I may not have face planted I think that was close enough! What were we talking about again. Oh yeah," he says picking a left over acid pop of his shirt. "Sweets!"

Emerald finally arrives- she should have known that she would be a bit late. She waves to everyone and almost stops in her tracks as she is stunned at how amazing the hall looks- she didn't expect it to be so spectacular. She spots Carrie at the Gryffindor table and makes her way over to join in the fun and catch up with everyone. 

“D’awwwe! You’re the best!” Sin says, gladly utilizing the frozen gift from Carrie. “Mm. MUCH better.” Taking a big gulp of pumpkin juice, he waves to a bunch of incomers then continues pressing the ice pack to his bumped up bits.

Jack waves at Emerald who arrived a bit late. He notices Sindor pressing some ice to parts of his body and he wonders how he fell. As Emerald arrives he is busy stuffing himself with veggies (he's been vegan for a year now.)

In the corner of her eye Emerald spots Jack waving. She waves back, so pleased to see his friendly face. She congratulates him on staying vegan for a whole year and for even keeping to the vegan food during the special feast. He has done so well that she gives him a present- a wrapped gift box of Honeydukes Sherbert Lemons. 

Lora was relieved as Jack came back towards the table, thanks to Lo and her charm! Jack sits down filling his plate with veggies, Lora didn't know he's a vegan until now! "So I didn't get to tell you about my favorite sweets. They're actually ice-mice and Chocolate frogs." Lora says as she reaches out to the Pumpkins juice flask. Lora sees Emerald as Jack waves at her who waved at them back coming towards the Gryffindor table. "Hello Emerald!" Lora said cheerfully as Emerald reached them. 

"Thanks Emerald," Jack says as she hands him some honeydukes sherbet lemons. "I love these." He turns to Lora. "I like chocolate frogs and ice mice but they can't beat sherbet lemons, acid pops and fizzing whizzibees." He grabs another sherbet ball and stuffs it into his mouth. "There is no end to the amount of these I can eat!" he says levitating off his seat.

Having noticed Sky and then seeing the other things going on, Will realizes that a delicious looking cake has just fallen to the ground.  Nothing some simple Charms work wouldn't fix; a simple Wingardium Leviosa would turn the cake rightside up!  Concentrating his magic, he had the cake end up right where it had started before it had fallen down.  He rewarded himself for his Charms work by taking a slice; it was every bit as delicious as it looked!

Jack decided that after Will righted the cake he wouldn't take a slice. Instead he offers out the sherbet lemons Emerald gave them. He had never tried Honeydukes sherbet lemons but he hoped they weren't like the Weasley's Wizard Wheezes ones. No one turned into pigeons so he figured they weren't the same!

"You are very welcome, Jack", said Emerald smiling. She had never seen someone be so happy over Sherbet Lemons before and it made her smile. He began levitating and that was when she noticed that Will was performing a charm on the cake that had fallen to the floor. He had done a marvelous job of sorting it out, for it was now exactly as it had been originally. She went to get a slice-the Strawberry Dream was just what she wanted-and made her way around the Great Hall mingling with as many people as she could before the dancing started. Her dancing was so bad that even the Horntail Dragon could dance better than her, so she decided she would take her leave when everyone started dancing.

*I'm out. *

Jack's leg was throbbing quite badly. Madame Pomfrey's potion must've been wearing off. It gave a sharp burst of pain and he groaned out loud and slumped in his seat.

"I'm... ok." he said just before he passed out and slipped off his chair onto the floor.

"I can agree with that" Lora said laughing at Jack as he zoomed off his seat, he's such a fun person to be around with!. "I'm going to grab a piece of cake!" Lora said sliding off the seat, going towards the huge cake and taking a large slice out of it. Will's charm is working so good on it! She spotted Will eating slice of cake and waved at him to get his attention and pointed first at the cake then gave him a thumbs up.                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Lora walked towards her seat just in time to see Jack sliding off his seat to the floor. She rushed towards him placing her piece of cake on the table. "Jack?" she said scared to see him not moving. Maybe his pain on his leg got worst...Lora glanced over to the Gryffindor table not knowing what to do about Jack, she's not that good at charms and if something goes wrong he might loose his bones in his leg and Lora's not ready to take that risk which will ruin his day. "Somebody help here!" Lora said loudly trying at catch someone's attention. 

Ivey wanders in and is immediately overwhelmed by the amount of people. She scans the room a bit shy at seeing so many people all in one place. Looking for someone to stick close to, she spots Sky currently gorging herself on pizza... which Ivey just realized she's reallyyy in the mood for. Making her way over to her, she's just about reached Sky and the pizza when she hears a shout from right nearby.

Turning around quickly and jumping as it totally startled her and caught her off guard, she noticed Lora standing next to Jack who was... slumped on the ground. Ivey jumped over the table separating them and ran over to the situation currently unraveling. She knew a bit about what to do in such a situation as she had helped Madam Pomfrey out quite a bit (not cause she was... in detention or anything.... just cause... she wanted to help).

The first thing to do was put him somewhere he wouldn't get further hurt as he was currently passed out. With the help of another student, they cleared the aisle and laid him there, making sure to keep his leg straight to avoid further injury to it. 

Slowly Jack woke up to a sharp pang in his leg. He opened his eyes to see Ivey, Lora and Madame Pomfrey standing over him. He tries to sit up but he is gently pushed down. Why did this have to happen today of all days!

"What... happened?" he asks weakly.

"you passed out Jack" - Carrie said to him while handing him a glass of water  - "If it wasn't for Lora and Ivey you could have hurt yourself pretty bad" (somehow Madam Pomfrey looks upset and keeps mumbling "I told you to stay at the Hospital"). She notices all the candy Jack has eaten "also you might wanna lay off the sweets for a bit... maybe you could eat a slice of vegan pizza". She gets her enchanted little bag with no bottom and pulls out a tapper ware with vegan pizza and hands it over.

Carrie walks away for now to leave room for Madam Pomfrey to what it looks like yell at Jack - poor fella, he just wanted to have fun, hopefully she'll let him stay - and says Hi to those that arrive recently *Emerald and Ivey* and waves at Will in the distance and gestures "Thank you for saving the cake" and then asks the girls -"guys, wanna go grab some cake?"

Jack seemed taken care of, so Ivey walked off to go find Sky again. Hopefully she still had that pizza. Right as she was waltzing off, Carrie asked if she wanted to have some cake, but Ivey was feeling rather in the mood for pizza... but that cake looked absolutely delicious. "Sure!" she said as they walked over to it. All the many layers, Ivey had no idea what to take, but eventually found a coconut layer and decided that sounded delicious. She took a little bit of that and a bit of other layers that looked magnificent as well just to be totally sure she had tried everything she would like. 

Jack hobbles back into the feast after a half hours rest.

"Hey, thanks." he says to Ivey, Lora and Carrie. "I'm allowed to stay for another half hour then it's back to the hospital wing." he grimaces, in pain and annoyance. He sits down and munches through his pizza aware that loads of people are staring at him. Jack feels his cheeks flush bright red and stares at his pizza.

Isa stumbled down the staircases, gathering her trailing robes in her fists as she hopped from step to step. She had stayed up all of last night writing and practicing her speech and the tiredness finally hit her just hours before the feast. Stupidly, she decided to take a nap and had set her alarm clock for an AM time instead of the intended PM. Red in the face and heaving loudly, Isa slowly opened the creaky Great Hall doors and stepped inside. What she saw was more than surprising. She had been there to decorate the Hall earlier that week but the gorgeous flower strung across the walls and tables, the funny-looking jugglers and dramatic acting at the front of the Hall, and the sweet aroma of sugary cakes filling her nose strung together into a sight that was truly magnificent to behold. Doing her best to inconspicuously slip by the other students, Isa bent her head as to avoid eye contact and glided her way toward the Gryffindor table, looking for an opening where she could sit. 

"Hey Isa," Jack called. Trying to get up but being reminded that he had a broken leg! "Come sit here," he shuffled painfully to the right then took a massive bite out of his pizza. He didn't know he could fit so much in his mouth at once!

Emerald decided that she was missing everyone at the party and the atmosphere. So what if she was bad at dancing, she was sure to find someone to talk to instead of dancing. As she entered the hall, she could see  Jack and ISA and gave them a wave. It was good to see he had some company to help take his mind off his broken leg. Feeling peckish, she looked for some pizza and found a slice covered with mushrooms, green peppers and onions. As she took a slice she saw Sky. "Hi, Sky," waved Emerald, "I'm glad I've found you. I wanted to say what a great job you did at organising the feast event, it is fantastic. This is the best feast I have ever been to !" 

Isa was a little taken aback to how could Jack fit that huge pizza bite inside his mouth and took a moment before she squeezed in beside him. She grabbed a slice of pineapple-topped pizza and hungrily munched down on it as Emerald waved at Jack and her. Isa waved back and shifted her focus back to the people at her table. “Do any of you know,” Isa asked through large bites of pizza, taking time to wipe some grease onto her robe sleeves. “If the ghost’s Shakespeare reenactment has already ended? I’ve been—“ she giggled “—dying to see it.” 

Sky grins at Emerald, "Thank you, though I can't take all the credit. It's really been a team effort this year." She glances around the hall, checking that nothing else is about to go wrong.

Hearing Isa's question, she shakes her head. "Nope, I think that's up in a few minutes. Although.... I did hear someone say that Sir Nick and the Grey Lady were having a very catty argument about it. Hopefully it's much ado about nothing." She waits to see if the geeky joke lands, then clears her throat. "Anyway, I can guarantee it'll be less painful than the karaoke I've been dared to do." She sighs and serves herself some curry and rice from a nearby platter.