Gryffindor Common Room
Sky Alton

Task 6:The Main Event

At last! The moment we’ve all been waiting for. The tables are decorated in our amazing flowers, the music is playing, the food is waiting to be sent up from the kitchens and everything else is in place. The only thing left now is to have fun.

This, the final task,  is your chance to roleplay your experiences at the feast and interact with everyone else. There are a few rules to keep things moving smoothly:

1. Your posts should be at least 3 to 4 full sentences (Don’t just say *nods* or *reaches for a handful of chips*)

2.  Don’t take control of anyone else’s actions. If you’re talking to them or otherwise interacting with them then wait for them to post and acknowledge what you said, rather than writing in their response yourself.

3. If you want to leave the roleplay (and let people know that you won’t be responding anymore) then just say **I’m Out** after your last post.

Your first two posts will be worth 5 rubies each but you’re more than welcome to keep posting after that. The deadline to earn rubies is June 29th at 11:59 PM HOL-time.

Me: *Walks over*

Hi m’names Jack, Jack Evermore. First Year Gryffindor. *spots nearly headless nick walking past*

*waves* Hi Sir Nick.
Nick: Evening Jack
Me: Wot was I saying again. Oh yeah. I’m Jack. You may’ve heard of me. I was the one who got stuck on the flag pole for a few days! *sheepish grin*

After making sure everything is set up for the orchestra, Sky sinks exhaustedly onto the bench at the Gryffindor table. She glances around at the hall, so bright with decorations and abuzz with happy conversations. They did it. They actually pulled it all off. Although maybe she shouldn't say that until the end of the night...

She sees Jack a little way down the table, telling the flag pole story and grins.

"It's still beyond me how you managed to get up there in the first place," she says with a shake of her head.

Maxim walks into the Hall, looking around for someone to annoy. The people outdid themselves with decorations, the horrible mish-mash of colors strangely endearing. The food looks good enough to...well, eat.

He spies Sky talking with a newbie and quickly joins them, making sure his footsteps are loud enough to signalize his coming to the pair. "Y'all did an amazing job," he flings himself to the nearest seat. "When're we allowed to eat?" he asks Sky, his eyes roaming the tables, zeroing on his target.

"Glad to see the end of year stress hasn't messed with your priorities any," Sky  says, playfully knocking Maxim with her shoulder. "People are still arriving. Once everyone's got somewhere to sit, you can stuff yourself silly."

With a soft, joking 'ouch', Maxim sniggers. "Well, you haven't heard me scream crying into my pillow three hours earlier."

He sprawls in his seat, asking, "Need any help? Putting up the last decorations? Corralling the people? Tuning the microphones?" he grimaces at the last question. Maxim and singing never mixes well, but hey he will soon pass his fifth year, might as well end the year on an embarrassing note.

On that note, a high pitched screeching comes aggressively out of a microphone held in Sindor's hand as he walks passed the trio. Jerking his head away from the loud sound, he tries to block out the noise with the other hand. It swells in intensity over a few moments that feel much longer than they really are before softening, then dying out completely.

"Sorry, everyone!" Sin says, facepalming. "Was checking out this Karoake stuff and tried messing around with casting a filtering spell on the microphone. Guess I haven't quite mastered that one yet!"

Jack jumps as he hears a high pitched squealing noise and lands in a bowl of fizzing whizzibees whilst also knocking over a goblet of butter beer. Blushing profusely he dusts himself off.

"Oops." he says picking up one of the fizzing whizzibees he didn't land on and stuffing it in his mouth so that he doesn't have to speak anymore though he gags slightly as it has a strange taste of sour curdling butter beer.

"You know," Sky says, removing her hands from her ears and giving Sindor a rueful smile, "I'm starting to wonder whether we should just have used an amplifying charm and left the mics to the pros." She pinches the bridge of her nose for a second, then turns to Maxim. "Anyway, you should be relaxing for a change, if that's actually physically possible."

She subtly waves her wand and the spilled butterbeer vanishes. She refills the goblet from the nearby jug and gives jack a 'nobody need ever know' wink.

Jack sighs as this is not going the way he wants but he is glad when Sky helps him clear up the mess. He knows sky won't tell but he gives Maxim a pleading look praying that he won't tell and he does the same to Sindor. He is really nervous because the whole incident on top of his flagpole and balcony swinging will give hime quite a bad reputation. He goes off to clean himself up and maybe put on some new robes.

**I’m Out** (but I might join again later)

Tarma had overheard the conversation with Sky and Jack and, while she wondered what spell was used to keep Jack on the flagpole, and how he managed to get down, they had both gone on to different things by the time she thought to ask. She looked around at the different people, waving to the ones she knew, and wandered over to the food tables. Oh, look, coffee! Not just coffee but breves! She smiled and went to get herself something to drink, then wandered again, smiling at the unusual and highly imaginative decorations. "I wonder who came up with that idea?" she said softly to herself, eyeing something large and darkly purple and glittering.

A house elf appears in the great hall very loudly carrying the massive cake to be set in the big table displayed near the stage. I had just walked in and saw the cake tilting to the side so I ran in my dress and snickers - wand out - shouting the spell to lift objects *wingardium leviosa* just in time but it's not enough and I need more help so I look around and see Professor Tarma with a drink in her hand and signal her to please help us with this oversized cake that actually smells pretty good...

Tarma laughed at the sight of the house-elf bearing a huge cake, joy at more delicious food!,  and 'oh oh' it started tilting. A  youngster attempted to save the house-elf and cake and seemed to almost have it but not quite. Then she saw Tarma and gestured 'help!'.  Tarma silently "lift!" (her word for something liken unto the hover charm) and the cake stopped slipping.

She watched, sipping her breve, to see if any more assistance was required from her -- she thought the youngster and the house-elf would have it, but ... no harm in being vigilant!

Sindor is apparently on a roll this evening, as he slipped on... literally nothing ...and actually ROLLED, tumbling over himself after taking a step toward Carrie when he saw her heading to save the cake. Entirely unnecessary, of course, as Professor Tarma was ready to save the day in any event.

"Yup," he says, staggering back to standing. "I think I'm just gonna sit down for a bit."

Laughing at the luck he's having and rubbing at his elbow where it hit the floor, Sindor makes his way over to the Ravenclaw table and plops himself on down.

Lorainia enter Great Hall to wonderful smell. Wave "Hi" to Sky and make way to Gryffindor tablle. Lorainia see Sindor slipped. "Oh no!, Sindor are you ok?" 

"I think so!" Sindor smiles over in Lo's direction. "The dull pain is mostly gone now, just a few little bumps, hehehe. Thanks for checking-in. And welcome to the feast!! I'm so excited for all this yummy food and fun entertainment to share with all our friends!"

Lorainia is relived Sindor is not badly hurt. She say hello and wave at people. She fill beat of  good music as continue to table. Then Lorainia sit down and wait for feast start. 

Sky signs an enthusiastic greeting to Lo and offers her a platter of snacks while keeping half a suspicious eye on that stupendous cake. It would have already ended up on the floor if it weren't for Carrie and Tarma and she's not entirely convinced it isn't ggoing to collapse under its own weight just sitting on the table like that. It seems to be leaning ominously to the left...

Will was somewhat apprehensive as he entered the room.  As a fellow 2020 graduand of the school, he did not want to take away any of Sky's fireworks for himself; this party was not for him, after all!  But he breathed a sigh of relief when he saw decorations representing all four houses - including his own; he would head towards the Slytherin banner for now.

Jack walks back into the room in a pair of, slightly, smouldering robes (charms happened).) He notices that the room is a lot more full than when he left. He walks over to Sky and Maxim hoping that Maxim and Sindor hasn't told anyone. No ones laughing at him... yet!

Sky notices Will over by the Slytherin table and gives him a quick thumbs up. 'Have fun,' she mouthes to him. As amazing as the party is going to be, she knows he must be feeling the same sort of bittersweet pang she is. Everything has to end and their time at Hogwarts has been something to be proud of. All the same, part of her still wishes this wasn't the end of 7th year.

Turning back around, she finds Jack arriving back.

"All sorted?" she asks him, clocking the slightly singed robes and deciding to pretend not to notice, "You missed a near disaster with the cake and Sindor taking a dramatic tumble." She glances around at the table at large,  "Anyone got any bets on what's going to happen next?"

When Sky asks Jack what he think is going to happen next he has quite a few guesses. "I think that I am going to fall off something," he says "Someones going to die from terrible singing and someone's going to face plant into something." He notices that there's some non-butter-beer-soaked fizzing whizzibees and quickly grabs one. 

"Next time I fall off something I'll suck on one of these and levitate!" he says jokingly.

Lora rushes into the great hall. It took a while for her to get get ready for the feast. The great hall looked amazing, she loved every part of it. Her eyes immediately went towards the enormous cake, she has been waiting to taste it for a such a long time and can't wait until the feast to begin! She walks over to the Gryffindor table taking her eyes off the mouth watering cake , "Hello Everyone!" She says cheerfully flinging in to one of the seats just in time to hear Jack and chuckles at his joke. "Good to see you on the ground after a while!" Lora says to Jack Jokingly. "So, what were you guys talking about?" She asks hoping the feast to begin soon. 

"Hey Lora," Jack says. "We were just talking about fizzing whizzibees and me falling off stuff! What's your favourite Honeydukes sweet. I'm tied between acid pops and fizzing whizzibees."He gives an extra strong suck on the sweet in his mouth.

After many thanks to Professor Tarma - and to the house elf for the marvelous cake - Carrie makes a little ice pack appear and hands it over to Sindor “only you can make a fall look that graceful, dear” she says and smiles at him trying to cheer him up. Carrie looks around, everyone look so good and happy and she heads over to the Gryffindor table to greet the folks.