Gryffindor Common Room
Sky Alton

Task 4: Entertainment

Now, we’ve got excellent decorations, food and music but if this is truly going to be the greatest feast in Hogwarts history, I think we need another little something to elevate it. Let’s mix it up with some live entertainment!

Completing this task is simple: just explain in a couple of lines what live act, demonstration or magical display you’d like to experience during the feast and why. It could be students themselves showing off newly acquired skills, a performance by other residents of the castle (who can forget the scintillating synchronised gliding display provided by the ghosts back in the 90s?) or something else entirely. Perhaps you even have a talent of your own you’d like to show off. Whatever it is, it just has to be spectacular.

You can do this task twice and earn 5 rubies each time (for a total of 10). The deadline is the 29th of June at 11:59 PM HOL-time.

I would like a transfiguration display with a member from each house in each year to show off their skills as it would be really cool to see different things transfigured, some 6 and 7 years could even do self transfigurations, and it would show off what they learnt.

Juggling! Ghosts could do headless juggling if they can, while students and staff can juggle with items that transform themselves mid throw! It would be a spectacular sight to see.

I think the ghost should put on a Shakespeare play because I was talking to one of them and they said they used to be good friends!

• Like 1

I think karaoke party is a good way to see just how high some magical creatures can hear. But it would all be in good fun and a time to show off those amazing vocal cords.

• Like 1

I’d add in a magical dance performed by students. The twist is that they’ll be using their wands to create visual props and add to their cool moves such as materializing confetti, making colorful sparks, and even accio-ing a member of the audience to join in the dance. 

Hogwarts is place for magic, but for feast entertainment, have students show talent that not magic. Same Like non magic talent show for students to show muggle skills off. 

I'm a sucker for piano music, so... Dueling Pianos! The performance I went to last summer was a lot of fun. They took requests from the audience and also incorporated silly games for the kids. I'm sure an elite magic school can even charm a couple pianos when the actual pianists need a break.

Maybe the head of the houses use firework potions with the color of their houses and maybe some cool Transfiguration things.

I'm thinking maybe during the formal eating time, before everyone starts getting crazy with celebration, there should be some symphonic orchestra in the background so the ambiance is gentle and people can hear each other during conversation. You might be able to convince me to play my flute with them for part of it. 

I think that having the Head Students/Prefects do a parody skit of the staff could be entertaining.  The staff could, in turn, do a parody of their students.  Nothing mean-spirited, but merely a bit of levity for the festivities.  

I second the Karaoke (yaas) And some dance offs!

also maybe some muggle party games but with a witching twist like magical darts, twister, and some more games to get to know each other :)

I think it would be fun if each group of students from each year and each House got 1 minute to say something positive about the previous year. I think this would give everyone the opportunity to be acknowledged and to feel respected.

Fireworks would be a great form of entertainment as well as celebration. Each house could have a series of fireworks exploding in their own house colours. If it's a Fred and George Weasley firework display then the show will be spectacular.

In my life before Hogwarts I was very into animals so maybe something with animals? Just an idea

Posted (edited)

Kinda in line with the non-magical talent show mentioned by Lorainia, I’d love to see a “magic/mentalism show” where no actual Magic is used, yet every trick is so impressive we’re in disbelief that it would even be possible to accomplish without a few spells and whistles!!

Edited by Sindor Aloyarc

2 hours ago, Sindor Aloyarc said:

Kinda in line with the non-magical talent show mentioned by Lorainia, I’d love to see a “magic/mentalism show” where no actual Magic is used, yet every trick is so impressive we’re in disbelief that it would even be possible to accomplish without a few spells and whistles!!

Like an Illusionist? That sounds really entertaining! I think some non magic tricks would really be an amazing treat for everyone!

Perhaps there could be a couple of hours open mic, where anyone whether individually or in a group can go up on a stage and do a short performance. They can sing, read a poem or do stand up comedy etc. It would be a nice way to have students and staff showcase their talent.

I'd love to see some juggling! That's always fascinated me. Rings, bottles, doesn't matter. Maybe someone is gifted in that arena, or we can invite someone in?

I’d add in an activity where the teachers compete in a muggle sports competition where they try their hand at playing basketball, soccer, or some other muggle sport. It’ll give the students a good laugh if the teachers aren’t very good but could also reveal a star sports player among them. 

Posted (edited)

I know from experience that people in HOL tend to have fun watching explosions, especially when those explosions are caused by people flying around on broomsticks touching exploding objects!  So I could organise a modified game of Quodpot without "scoring points" and ONLY explosions... that's the most fun part to watch, after all!  And those who aren't interested in playing?  They're more than welcome to watch, or listen, or both from a safe distance!

Edited by Will Lestrange

How about some wand work? Not the hexes and curses but some nice, diverting charms that the students can perform to show off their skills according to their wish (cause it's the last day!) . It can be individually done or as a group.

I would secondly love to have 'Mood Mist' as an entertainment piece. This enchanted fog can move about the space, seamlessly avoiding where it isn't wanted while enhancing the atmosphere of those within proximity by responding to/"humoring" their mental-emotional state through continually shifting into appropriately different shapes and colors toward setting the perfect ambience befitting of the moment!