Gryffindor Common Room

Posted (edited)

Next I’d add a layer of the components for Seven-Layer cookies consisting of graham cracker crumbs mixed with melted butter then covered with chocolate and butterscotch chips, coconut flakes, and chopped walnuts, topped off with sweetened condensed milk!

Edited by Sindor Aloyarc

I will contribute a huge profiterole in the shape of a ring. So I wil add a ring of Choux pastry topped with milk chocolate sauce. Inside the ring itself there will be fillings of whipped cream, vanilla custard; light, fluffy milk chocolate mousse and rich dark chocolate mousse;  fluffy marshmallow and fluffy marshmallow containing sprinkles of dessicated coconut. It will be a profiterole lucky dip because you won't know what filling you've got untill you take a scoop of it.

• Like 1

I will add a layer of cake called Strawberry Dream Cake. It was my favorite birthday cake that I had for all of my birthdays when I was little. The story behind it is that when I was two, my mom asked me what kind of cake I wanted for my birthday. I responded it a cute little two-year old voice, "Strawberry cake with strawberry frosting and strawberries on top!" My mom was just about wondering how on earth she was going to find a recipe for something even remotely like what I had asked for when, lo and behold, the next day my mom's cooking magazine arrived and the featured recipe was a cake called Strawberry Dream Cake, which was exactly what I had asked for. It was a strawberry cake with strawberry cream cheese frosting and fresh cut-up strawberries in between the two layers and on top. It was basically a miracle or a very large coincidence, and that was the cake I had for every birthday growing up. Anyway, it sounds like a made-up story but I swear that's how it happened. So a layer of strawberry dream cake would be my choice.

Okay, we have to add sweet shredded coconut to at least one layer. Can we coat it in chocolate too please? (Yes, I love Almond Joys, but I want it without the almonds XD). We definitely need a layer that is ice cream cake for all the people who don't like actual cake. Perhaps neopolitan would be good so there's a bit of a range to choose from? 

The cake looks too good and not dangerous enough at the moment, I think I will add some Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans. I hope nobody sees me put them on though...

I would add a layer of sponge cake (with whipped cream and fruits to use as toppings). It's tasty and has a different texture than some of the other layers. It's usually white on the inside so maybe we could add some colouring to it.

I'd like to add a mirror glaze in the top of the cake. It will add a sweet flavor to the cake. I will add a navy blue color mirror glaze. So the cake will look dark but when we eat this we will be surprised with the sweet flavor.

I will add a fondant to the cake. But not only a plain fondant. fondant will be formed as look like as four house crests. Each crest represents a house. I think it will be great. A huge cake with four house crests on it. Not only beautiful but also delicious.

Posted (edited)

On top of the fondant, I'm going to place a gingerbread layer!  I know gingerbread is usually associated with a different time of year, but wouldn't it add a unique flavour and texture to the cake?

Edited by Will Lestrange
fully aware that this is four or five hours too late