Gryffindor Common Room

Phew. I cannot tell you the trouble I’ve had with the house elves lately. They’ve gotten it into their head that this year they need to please absolutely everyone. I’ve been trying to convince them that we all just want a feast that tastes good and brings us together in harmony. Unfortunately, they seem to have gotten the wrong end of the stick and hopelessly meshed these two ideas into one.

They’re goal is to set a world record for the largest magical layer cake, with every Hogwarts student and staff member invited to contribute layers, toppings, sprinkles, sweets, fillings or decorations, one on top of the other. Try as I might, I can’t dissuade them (and I don’t want to tell them no least they go on strike and give us no feast at all). So roll up, roll up, add your ingredients and let’s build this monstrosity… *coughs as she notices a house elf nearby* I mean, let’s make this incredible culinary testament to wizarding cooperation happen! Yay!

Please explain what you’d like to add and why in a couple of sentences and reply below to add them to the cake to end all cakes. You can be as sensible or as silly as you like.

You can do this task twice and earn 5 rubies each time (for a total of 10). The deadline is the 29th of June at 11:59 PM HOL-time.

I would like marzipan roses in different colors. They would go well together with the flowery decorations and as a bonus, are extremely delicious.

I want to add coconut cream and sprinkles with the colors of all 4 houses :D. For those of you who hasn't try whipped coconut cream you have no idea what you're missing, you are gonna LOVE IT.

It would be nice to have a red velvet cake layer with cream cheese frosting and with some red and gold sprinkles on the topping to represent Gryffindor. The cream cheese and velvet cake make a such an excellent combination and tastes like heaven ! 

You cannot go wrong with classic chocolate layer. It has to be Nutella, no other is accepted. To top it off, you could have chocolate ganache to act as a glue between the top and bottom layers.

Vanilla frosting, like the kind you find on Birthday cake. The white, sugary confection is ideal for a celebration and would help break up all the colors.

Dark curls of chocolate, very DARK chocolate, sprinkled here and there, are perfect compliments to the taste buds for all the sweetness elsewhere. Be sure not to include anchovies.

A cake with a bit of a sour taste, like a strawberry lemonade cake layer with some chopped strawberries as toppings has to be there! This cake too is so delicious like the other cakes recommended. 

Next, I'd add a layer of lemon frosting. It would a good zing of tartness and pop of color. I'd also add in a layer of cream cheese for just the right texture.

Thinly sliced fruit - strawberries, kiwi and apple - of almost transparent width and slightly sun dried so that they don't make the cake soggy -- how perfect to add in for texture. Do not add in lark's vomit.

I Fresh raspberries add I. Raspberries favorite fruit mine. Raspberries for healthy with all sweets.

I would add like a brownie layer, like if you've ever had a dairy queen ice cream cake they have a thin brownie layer in theirs and it's my favourite part of the whole cake, with a cream cheese frosting with red food colouring added and golden sprinkles to represent!

Or a chocolate cheesecake layer topped with sliced strawberries and drizzled with milk chocolate would be amazing

I’d like to pitch in a layer of vegan lemon-blueberry cake. Even though I’m not vegan myself, I’d like everyone, regardless of diets, to be able to dig in and enjoy! I chose a lemon-blueberry flavor simply because it’s one of my favorite cake flavors and it’s beautiful cream and dark blue color scheme is perfect!

• Like 1

I'd like to add a layer of chocolate whipped cream.  Chocolate and whipped cream go well together - and we haven't had a cream layer in a while!  

In honor of one of my favorite classes, Herbology, I’d bring botanical buttercream pastries to place on top of a layer of the cake. Buttercream tastes great and the cute toppings will surely attract an audience. Plus, if I brought ones in the shape of some of the more dangerous of herbs, it would give some disgruntled Herbology student the opportunity to bite back. 

Also add I layer of candy letters to say congratulations. To help celebrate year accomplishments. 

I’ll ask them to add a layer of Snickerdoodle Cookie crumbles mixed together with chunks of caramelized Apples all cut up small!! ^_~

• Like 1

I would like to add the sourest Honeydukes sweets we can get and acid pops to counter with all the sweetness!

I would propose adding edible flowers in various colors to the top of the cake.  They make for a nice 'touch of spring' and just exotic enough to be intriguing.  Besides, I think it would be a nice nod to Herbology, which I really do need to take soon.  

I'd also like to add a layer of rainbow cake in the colours of green, yellow, blue and red because it shows that we are all one layer of cake  one school!

I'd like to have a layer of fluffy white cake with real strawberries in it. Just because it's my favorite cake. Also, I need to have some canned whipped cream (like Reddi-Wip) on there because then I might get to eat the leftover stuff out of the can :p

I think a layered Battenberg cake would  be lovely!  The design itself would be classic checkerboard, but instead of the traditional pink-yellow squares, each layer would have the colors of that house. The top of the cake would be decorated with the Hogwart's crest and sprinkled with gold and silver dust just for that bit of added sparkle.  I think it's a good way to show unity but also highlight each house as individuals.  Plus Battenberg cake is just plain yummy!

I would add a layer of Victoria Sandwich. It can be a very fluffy, airy light cake making it very easy for us to eat more than one slice. Plus it is filled with lots of strawberry jam and buttercream. Yummy.