Gryffindor Common Room

Posted (edited)

I would also really love to hear any/all of the following Quidditch related songs:

• “Nimbus Wimbus” off The Phantombe’s ‘Fligh Hying album

• “What The Feint?!” off Valencia Shadowbane‘s ‘Snitches Give Stitches’ album

• “Keeper of Hearts” off 160 Ahead’s ‘Pitch’ album

Edited by Sindor Aloyarc
  • Like 1

In the spirit of Gryffindor House, I’d like to include the song “Reckless and the Brave” by All-Time Low. To quote Alex Gaskarth, one of the band members, the song is “an ode to anyone who decides to take that shot in the dark at the risk of potential failure.” Even though the term has ended and gone by, the sentiment still stands. Especially as Gryffindors, we should encapsulate bravery in the face of uncertainty and bad circumstances. This song is a reminder of that as we go into our summer months, particularly for sixth and seventh years who are looking at graduating and going on to find jobs in the wizarding world. 

As far as Muggle music goes, I think I would like to hear "Believer" I just think it's a good Muggle song.

My wizarding band is the Tailwinds!

They are a student band but they are really good! Their 3 songs are:

I wish that you would fly away (stop flashing that broom in my face)

That dragons got my heart (a heart of gold that's why he likes it)

I'm charming with a broken wand (it's going really badly)

The tune I'm singing our school song to is Jingle Bells which may seem rather basic but it's the song my oldest (still younger though) brother will burst out in when he's trying to be annoying. Because of this I feel that it'll be one of the most annoying things to chant since it's not even in the right season. Of course, since we all know the song, it'll also be easiest for me to keep up with (trust me, I was thinking about trying to sing it to Shake It Off, but I don't think I have that kind of talent XD).

• Haha 2

I decided to go with naming a few muggle songs that would be good for a party.  The first some would be Dance Monkey by the Tones and I.  The second song I would pick would be Blinding Lights by The Weekend.  To round off this playlist I would choose Daisies by Katy Perry.  The reason I chose these songs is because I love listening to music and right now these songs are on constantly repeat, so why not share them with the party as well.

I think I'll go with Aurora's Conqueror as the tune for the school song, although clearly an octave lower haha. I am an alto!

Also, does anyone else like Test Drive from the How to Train Your Dragon Soundtrack? I feel like it'd really hype everyone to listen to that from the orchestra. We all like flying don't we.

I would sing the school song to the tune of Itsy Bitsy Spider (also known as Incy Wincy Spider). It seems like it could be fun, and it shouldn't take as long as singing it to a funeral march.

I'd like to recommend a muggle song from camp rock theme song. The title is "this is our song". I think it's nice for us to sing that song together. That song is about togetherness that can be simple but meaningful. Togetherness can be as simple as sit in a circle and sing along.

I'd love to hear "start the party" song. This is a theme song from camp rock (muggle movie). The beat is not too fast but not too slow. I think it fits to dance in the opening ceremony.

When the school song comes into focus, I thought of a song reflecting my own house pride but decided against it as I'm here as a guest of Gryffindor!  Instead I decided on a song used for the game I ran at the Arcade Club:  "Popcorn" - it sounds very bouncy and happy and appropriate for graduation!  (If you know what the notes mean, the melody begins as "E D E b g b e" where the lowercase letters are from a lower octave)

Edited by Will Lestrange
fully aware that this is four or five hours too late