Gryffindor Common Room

Over the years, many additions have been made to the Hogwarts Castle. It's a honeycomb of hidden passages (both truly secret ones and those that are simply useful shortcuts to class), hidden rooms like the Room of Requirement and even the occasional trick stair or wall masquerading as a door.

It makes sense that a single student is unlikely to uncover all the mysteries the castle is hiding, even in 7 years. But I still think we all stand at least a slim chance of discovering some magical quirk of the castle that few if any people have found before us. If only we knew where to start looking....

So, what hidden room or other little-known feature of the castle that didn't make it into the books would you like to find during your time here?

Personally, I think the dungeons could do with a thorough exploration. There have to be interesting things down there that have been forgotten about over the years. It would be interesting to see how old spells might have evolved and changed their surroundings after years of being left unattended....

What could be in the towers? Sure there are two Houses roomed in them, but there are a lot more towers!

I think that there would be, somewhere in one of the towers, an aviary. A large, spacious place kept magically heated, where birds of all kinds (even owls) could stay and live and thrive. This aviary could house what some would call 'mundane' (but I feel that all birds are rather magical) as well as many of the more magical species. This room would be a sanctuary for birds who are unable to live in the wild, for various reasons such as muggle 'household pets' let out into the wild in a climate totally unsuitable for them and they'd die within a few days or for damage to their body (or their mate is damaged and they have chosen to stay with their mate).  A sanctuary for birds who, if they heal, and so choose, can be taken to a place of their choice and let loose.

The birds who eat smaller birds, though, would be told strictly they may not eat their neighbors.

If there's a room of requirement lurking in these walls what else could there be? 

I may of found a hidden broomstick factory just opposite the charms classroom. Anyone else wondered where firebolts came from!

The third floor would be good to explore just in case it holds more secrets.