Gryffindor Common Room
Prof. Sky Alton

Your Ultimate Hogwarts Experience

It's pretty safe to say that we all want to be there but I just started wondering what particular experience you'd love to have above all else at the famous school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Is there a particular lesson you long to attend, do you want to fly in a quidditch match or perhaps your hearts desire is just a quiet moment in the library? I know it's near impossible to narrow it down to just one but what single experience would you go for if you absolutely had to choose one?

For me, I think I'd love to have a meal at the Gryffindor table in the great hall. I love food (a lot)but more than that, the hall has always seemed like the vibrant heart of Hogwarts and I would absolutely adore the chance to soak up that atmosphere, even just for a little while.

Oh dear, this is difficult, there are soooo many things I'd love to do. I think if I had to choose just one thing it'd be sitting in the Gryffindor Common Room with a group of friends, studying and reading with food (*cough* desserts) we were able to get from house elves while the fire crackles near us and I'm all wrapped up in a blanket playing with my wand while my pygmy puff sits on my lap. Yup, that'd be my perfect moment. 

(However, hanging out in some quiet part of the library between the bookshelves and sitting next to the lake on a perfect day with cold tea were both runners up)

Since have to pick just one, explore Forbidden forest. Know not supposed to go there, but am intrigued by. Also, would enjoy restricted section of library. Would be good time to have invisible cloak. 

Ooh, that's difficult but I'd probably go with a visit to the Headmaster's tower. Getting to talk to all the portraits of past Headmasters in the Headmaster's office about their experiences teaching Hogwarts and just getting to know them would definitely be cool. Also, I've always been interested in all the knick-knacks that teachers have like Barty Crouch Jr's Secrecy Sensor and Umbridge's Blood Quill and would love to get to poke around in the Headmaster's collection of magical items, not even to mention things like the Pensive, the sword of Gryffindor, and the Sorting Hat. 

So many great choices... The great hall, and the Gryffindor common room definitely. The library definitely has a place in my heart. Quidditch pitch too! Though now that I'm thinking, only on sunny days. The forbidden forest is really cool and I'd like to meet centaurs.

If I had to choose one single experience though, I think I'd just choose wandering around the halls and the moving staircases. Just, walking around the castle? It seems like such an incredible piece of architecture and the magic of the castle itself intrigues me. I'd like to just walk around, maybe take a jab at the paintings and laugh, and sketch some of the armours around. Run to classes because I'm late, of course I am late, and experience the horror that is the moving staircases.

Everyone's sounds so cool, I'm almost reconsidering. I'd love to fiddle with the instruments in the headmaster's office (and if we branched out beyond Hogwarts, I'd find it difficult to say no to a trip to a magical equipment shop as I absolutely love trinkets and mechanical devices) but the thought of walking through the castle hallways, listening to the distant sounds of lessons going on is also so magical too.

Lo, you better brush up on the spells to make green and red sparks just to be on the safe side in that forest ;)

This is going to sound really boring to some of you but I would be very happy in the library with a pet Pygmy Puff. There is something special about the smell of old books, it is very comforting. It's also great to hold thick books, as keeping the book open makes my thumbs ache which is a part of my reading experience. Plus, the thought of looking over illuminated manuscripts  that are centuries old is mind blowing.

Other than that, it would be fabulous to have mail delivered by owl and to be close-ish to a Horntail dragon.

Ooff, if I have to narrow it down to one single experience I guess I would love to get lost in the castle - which I currently am by the way - and just see where each corridor takes me. 

(and hopefully take as many classes as I can, just if I find a Time-turner lost somewhere...)

I would love to fly. I have always wanted to soar through the air on a broomstick! It would be so cool!