Gryffindor Common Room
Sky Alton

Task 7: Sneaky Sightings

I’ve repurposed the Gryffindor notice board to serve as an incident board. As new reports of niffler sightings come in, they all need recording and pinning up here.

For this task, we’re asking you to do an artistic rendering of a report of a possible niffler sighting. Perhaps someone could have sworn they were being watched by a pair of bright little eyes from between two books on a shelf or saw a paw whisking out of site beneath a table. Please make a graphic of the sighting and post it below. Alternatively, you could take the person’s statement in their own words (providing there are at least 50 of those words) and post exactly what they said.

You’ll earn 10 rubies by contributing to the incident board by 11:59 PM HOL-time on 29th February

I was solving a puzzle in the Entrance Hall and I could have sworn I felt a small black furry thing behind me, trying to stare at the puzzle and solve it with their eyes before I completed it!  Luckily I was able to solve the puzzle on my own, but that was not a normal sensation!  And once I put the puzzle away, I no longer felt that sensation...

• Like 1

Just the other evening, in the orange glow of the moon, spot-lit in the forest beneath a giant beech tree, was a dark furry creature. This creature appeared to be running and holding a golden ring in it's paw.  The ring itself was odd as it appeared to glow with more than just the reflection of the moon. It was almost like it was glowing from within ... The dark furry creature, I think, was a Niffler. I had a Muggle sort of picture taking device, and snapped a picture. It was odd how the creature was lit up by the glow from the Ring. I took the picture and wrote up some words on it, too, in case anyone else sees the creature -- or the Ring. That Ring ... it draws one. I can see why the Niffler wanted it!

February-2020-nifflers-week-3-nifflers-p

Picture shows a Niffler, standing on its hind legs, holding in its right front paw, the Ring of Power. Words off to the side say "Niffler   --  Long-snouted, burrowing creatures native to britain with a penchant for anything shiny"

• Like 1

20200216-194824.jpg

Last Wednesday night, my friend K. D.  was studying in the common room before bed. He thought he saw a niffler with a shiny gold coin peeking out of the first years boys dormitory door.

I was looking through the books on counter curse creation in the Restricted Section of the library when I felt someone staring at me. At first, I thought it was a Professor, because I didn't have permission to be there, but every time I looked around I didn't see anyone, so I figured I was just be paranoid. Suddenly, something shiny caught my attention, and I noticed a creature with black fur running across the top of one of the bookshelves. It looked just like a niffler!

I was wandering through the aisles of the Library looking for a Potions book, when I saw something glinting out of the corner of my eye. It was a golden bracelet held by a Niffler. I started walking over towards the Niffler to try to take the bracelet to return it to it's owner. But, I was too slow the Niffler ran off with the bracelet.

The sketch shows very little, but the very upper part of the creature's page. Most of the sketch is taken by the open window of the common room with small, clawed hands with long fingers grabbing on the sill. There is a pair of dark, yet shiny, eyes peering carefully from the top, together with a part of what appears to be a long snout.