Gryffindor Common Room
Sky Alton

Task 6: Friends, Nifflers, Countrymen

While these nifflers do have a destructive and mischevious side, there's more to them than just that. Their adorableness is overwhelming - if you saw one in the hallway, you'd probably be more likely to give them the shiny item they're stealing than capture them. They can't possibly be mean or heartless...

For this task, we're asking everyone to create a speech (50 words or more) appealing  to the nifflers better natures. Perhaps we can win them over and convince them to hand our rubies back.

You'll earn 10 rubies if you post before 29th February at 11:59 PM HOL-time.

(Post by Ivey)

Hear! Hear! Dear Nifflers! 

Listen up and take a seat. You all look so cute, cuddly, and sweet.  We know all the things you took look real neat.  To return the thing to us could be a big feat. But if you return them, we can reward you with a shiny, sprinkle treat! 

I know that for, some reason, you have been trying to go to the Gryffindor Common Room to collect rubies.  But it's shiny things you want, right?  And rubies aren't particularly shiny, even if they are valuable.  If you release those rubies, I will be happy to give you plenty of shiny metal, which is much shiner than rubies ever were - and it's the shine you want; right?

Heya, Nifflers! Look what I have for you! *dangles necklaces and bracelets of really pretty shinies* I know that somewhere in you is a nature that covets all things shiny and bright - and these are right down your alley. Look at those Rubies; they are sort of 'red' and not clear and bright like these Diamonds! Yes ... oh, shiny and bright Diamonds! They sparkle like the rainbow and make a nice clicking sound when they touch each other. Would you like to trade?

It's alright, Nifflers, don't panic, we are not angry with you. We know you have taken our Rubies, but we understand why. However, we want them back and so I am prepared to do a swap. ( I delve my hand into my robe pockets, and pull out a small, round tin). I recently visited a magical sweet shop and bought these super shiny silver edible balls. So, not only will you have something shiny, you can eat them too. No, they are not valuable, but, you can use them to trade with, and you will not be short of offers because there isn't much food around for magical creatures in the winter. So, will you swap?