Gryffindor Common Room
Sky Alton

Task 4: Oooh, Shiny

Our efforts so far haven’t been yielding many results. It’s time to fight fire with sparkles. Let’s find what shiny items we can to lure the nifflers back into the open. They’ve gone off with just about everything in the CR so we need to get more creative.

Please have a look around you for objects that you’d be willing to sacrifice *coughs* I mean temporarily contribute. Find three things on your desk or near at hand that you think we could use to tempt the nifflers (nothing that has any of your RL details on it, please). Take a photo of the objects you find and post it below. Alternatively, you can describe the items in 50 words or more.

You’ll earn 10 rubies if you complete this task by February 29th.

I could contribute a shiny silver necklace, with a Ladimar stone placed inside of a turtle hanging from it. A golden ring, with a small sapphire and a diamond.  And, a handful of money. The money comes in various sizes and is roughly circular. Some of it is shiny and some of it isn't but maybe this is a Niffler that could find a use for all of it.

February-2020-nifflers-week-2-shinies-CR

I could contribute a shiny quartz crystal, a Swiss Army knife, a plastic wrapped bar of rose soap and a pair of fish-hook dangle earrings which are silver with black tourmaline and blue quartz hanging from the hooks.

Edited by Prof. Tarma Amelia Black

I could contribute some shiny coins which I have laying around. I also have a pair of scissor that are quite shiny, even though I don't know why a niffler wants a scissor. They might be creative. Who knows? I also have a silver necklace with a broomstick on it, which I got from my brother. Nifflers keep trying to steal it, so I'm sure that it will attract at least one here. 

Being at a different location than usual, I'll go in character for this:  while I wouldn't want to give away a valuable ring or anything, I think I could sacrifice a few shiny Sickles for the purpose of Niffler-attraction.  Another item I could use is one of my Arcade Club Bronze Joysticks; while I do not feel particularly proud for the times I came in third place, they might be just shiny enough for Nifflers.  And finally, I might take a Golden Snitch I won in a practice match (again, avoiding something with which I have any personal connection)... the one Niffler I know, after all, loves her Golden Snitches!

I would contribute a small stone, which reflects light and has gold streaks running on its surface. A large golden Christmas ornament that was used to house delicious goodies. A very small decorative candle decorated with gold threads and glitter. And I have a ton of glitter bottles that I use when I am making greeting cards.

I have a plastic diet soda bottle which shines really prettily whenever the sun hits it. I own a metal bottle opener which I once used to open the lids of diet soda bottles back when they were more common. I also have a crystal Christmas ornament in the shape of an angel.