Gryffindor Common Room
Emerald Wolvenhowl

Banish the Boggart

Lions and Hollers, your help is needed. A Boggart has escaped the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom, and is on the loose!

If you come across him, help us banish him by telling us what fearful item he shapshifted into (you can make up a fear if you like) and describe what he looked like after you cast the 'Ridikulus' spell upon him.

I spotted the Boggart outside the Gryffindor Common room. He turned into an Acromantula, so I imagined him wearing a baby pink, frilly tutu, with pink frosted tights and glittery ballet shoes.

I spotted the Boggart in my dorm room. He turned into my alarm clock and I imagined him being a soft pillow and blanket so I could go back to bed :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I spotted the boggart while I was taking a walk in the grounds. It took the form of a mean swan but after the charm, it turned into a fluffy chick with a lot of attitude.

(genuinely feared swans and geese for many years. Over it now.... or am I?)

• Like 1

I spotted the boggart while walking through a dark tunnel (where I... probably wasn't supposed to be). It turned into a million tiny spiders with red eyes and long hairy legs crawling over me. After I successfully cast the spell (may have taken a few tries), they all turned into a million squeaking rubber duckies. 

• Like 1

I spotted the boggart outside the castle. It changed into a figure of a famous evil wizard who had a snake- like nose and no hair. After the spell,  it had a mass of shocking pink furry hair -pygmy puff style.

I spotted the boggart near Hagrid's Cabin, it took the form of a Dementor, after casting the spell succesfully, it sported a nice supply of (this goes out to the other halfbloods) of Mr. Beast merchandise.

I spotted the Boggart in the Great Hall. It took the form of an aggressive mountain troll that tried to squish me. After casting the spell, it turned into a giant huggy, squeeky penguin.

I spotted the boggart in the Hogwart's lake. It took the form of a sea monster about to pull me and hold me down in the lake. After a successful Ridikulus cast, its head grew to about 10 times its normal size and its body shrank to one tenth of its former size.

I spotted the boggart in our potions class. It turned into a horrific clown and tried to dump the whole content of potion on me. I finally casted the spell successfully  and it turned into a frog with clown makeup on making me laugh so hard and topple my potion cauldron on to the floor. 

• Haha 1

I spotted the boggart on the quidditch pitch and it turned into a giant wasp! (Any Doctor Who fans out there?) After casting Riddikulus it lost its wings, stinger and shrank becoming harmless.  

I spotted the Boggart outside the girls bathroom and turned into a giant ladybug (yes, I really don’t like them at all) so I turned it into a red dotted mamushka figure.

I spotted the Boggart down by the lake. As soon as it saw me it became a large octopus. After I cast the Ridikulus spell it wore florescent neon pink legwarmers on each leg and held several giant rainbow-colored pompoms. On its head was an alice band with springs attached to gold glittered lovehearts. Every time the octopus waved the pompoms around like a cheerleader the lovehearts wibble wobbled all over the place.

I spotted a Bogart in our dorm room! It turned into a dozen cockroaches *chills*. I cast Ridikulus and they all turned into colorful marbles scattered around the floor.

I saw the boggart on the way to Hagrid's in his chicken coop. It turned to a basilisk (and thanks to Harry good lord I didn't look in the eyes I don't know the consequences) and cast the spell and turned it into a chicken and had a good day running after them. 

I saw the Boggart outside my charms classroom, and it turned into a giant snake. After I cast Riddikulus, it turned into my dog, rolling around on the floor like a madman.

I saw the boggart in the library.It turned to devil's snare. After the spell,it turned to sugar quill and I gave it to my friend...shush!don't tell him it is a boggart.

I spotted the boggart, it turned into a cockroach but after the spell, it turned into a butterfly that my friend is desperately trying to catch!

I spotted the boggart at the lake, it turned into a Lethifold. I cast the spell and it turned into a dark helium filled balloon. A skipped off with it tied to my wrist, singing.

I saw the boggart in the Transfiguration courtyard. It turned into a giant Acromantula, and all the people around me let out a scream. I yelled RIDDIKULUS! and the Acromantula transformed into a fluttering group of monarch butterflies, all flying away, up away into the sky.

I spotted the boggart near the Forbidden Forest. It turned into an acromantula like Aragog. I cast the spell "Riddikulus" and it transformed into a domed pavilion on 8 pillars.