Gryffindor Common Room
Sky Alton

Nifflers! (Instructions)

We need your help!

I was on my way to do a final check to make sure the Gryffindor Common Room was ship shape ready for the new term only to find it in an absolute state. The chairs are on their sides, the tables have been knocked over and the pillows have been burst (yes, I know I have feathers in my hair). Every single shiny, sparkly and reflective object is missing. This can mean only one thing…

NIFFLERS!

A band of cute, cuddly and nefariously nosy creatures has somehow invaded our Common Room. What’s more, they’ve gone off with all of the rubies we were going to award this term and are refusing to give them back. We need all the help we can get from our lions and our visitors to negotiate for their safe return (and clean up this mess). Are you ready to lend a hand?

Every week during February we’ll release 3 tasks to help deal with these adorable pilferers. Each task will be worth 10 rubies and be due by 11:59 PM HOL-time on February 29th. That’s 12 tasks in total and 120 rubies up for grabs (providing we can get them back…). New tasks will be released on Saturdays.

There will be a range of tasks on offer, including creative ones and puzzles. If you can’t complete a particular task for accessibility reasons, just let us know and we’ll supply an alternate one that suits you better. Most tasks will also involve posting your responses publically but if you’d feel more comfortable doing it privately via PM, that’s fine too.

So, without further ado, keep a tight hold on your shiny goods, keep a sharp eye out for sneaky little snouts and let’s go!

Remember that you have until 11:59 PM HOL-time tomorrow to turn in your tasks! Don't get distracted by something shiny.

Thank you all for your help! Everything is back to normal in Gryffindor Tower, the rubies are safe once more and we no longer have to worry about leaving anything vaguely reflective unattended. (Not gonna lie though, I'm going to miss my daily dose of cuteness)

You should all have been awarded your hard-won rubies but if you see any discrepancies, just let us know. (It'll probably be a mistake on our behalf... although, you know, I'm not entirely, 100%  convinced we did get every single niffler.)

1294773-1.jpg