Gryffindor Common Room
Iverian Gnash

The Inventing Room

Here is where it all begins, the inventing room! All the delicious and spectacular sweets that are in existence run through your mind. Another person in your group whispers under their breath about that three course gum that started here. This gets you thinking, if you made the three course gum, what would it have tasted like? Which foods would you have used and what color would your gum be? Describe your gum in at least 80 words below for 4 pieces of Wonka's Magic Chewing Gum and 10 rubies!

My gum would most likely begin with some sort of fancy salad course - maybe a shrimp caesar salad as a starter?  And for the main, I'd want to borrow something from our friends to the north in Finland and add some of the tastiest meat I have ever tasted - which is reindeer steak (seasonally appropriate to boot).  I felt like Violet's gum was a disappointing dessert because it didn't even have any chocolate; I'll think of having the gum taste like a rich chocolate cake (with chocolate fondant - and chocolate covered raspberries around the edges).  The colours would match those of the food:  pink, green, and various shades of brown swirling through the gum!

My gum starts out with a avocado and spinach salad, with crab bits sprinkled here and there. The main course is cheesy roast potatoes, with a touch of sour cream and garlic and pepper. With the potatoes is some BBQ chicken (or  pork chops, depending on choices made). Finishing up the meal would be blueberry pie with chocolate ice cream (and hot dark chocolate fudge poured on top of all). Interspersed in the flavours of the foodstuffs would be the flavour of a barista's breve (espresso coffee with cream).

The first course of my gum would be warm crab cakes made with fresh blue crab meat.. When you chew the gum you can actually feel the warmth in your mouth from the crab cakes. The second course would be Salmon baked with oranges, tomatoes, and fennel and served with broiled rosemary potatoes and garlic baked  asparagus.  The  third and last course, the dessert course, would consist of  a simple warm vanilla custard topped with a fresh berry and chopped almond crumble.

The three-course gum starts out with a flavour reminiscent of creamy butternut soup with a dash of cinnamon and other aromatic spices. Its orange-yellow colour then shifts to a whitish colour and starts to taste of roasted cauliflower with garlic and parmesan. After some time, it finally changes to an orange-brown toffee-like colour and evokes a warm feeling and a sense of nostalgia (at least for me XD) for it's not unlike freshly baked malva pudding with a dollop of custard.

The gum itself would be a swirl of jewel tones-emerald green, ruby red, and amethyst purple to be exact.  The colors are meant to evoke a sense of decadence, as well as correspond to the different courses they represent.  The first course would be a salad of various greens topped with pan-seared scallops and shaved bits of truffle.  The second course would be a beet tagliatelle (ribbon noodles) with walnuts, basil and shaved Parmesan cheese.  (This dish actually 'looks' like Christmas!).  The last course would be a lush cheesecake with layers ranging from dark purple to pale lavender, topped with a blackberry glaze, fresh blackberries and blackberry buttercream swirls.  

My gum would be a tempting swirl of warm toffee and caramel colored browns with orange and vanilla streaks. To me, these colors remind me of warmth and food and tend to make me hungry. As for the gum itself, the first course would start with an entree of eggplant parmigiana with a three cheese tomato grilled topping. The main course would be Chicken Florentine Breast stuffed with fresh spinach, sun dried tomato and Camembert cheese, served with seeded mustard cream sauce. For dessert, Day Night Mousse: delicious layers of dark and white chocolate, topped with fresh cream and strawberries. 

My gum would start with the flavor of some lime tortilla chips and guacamole. It would be followed by some zoodles (zucchini noodles) with a fresh pesto sauce.  The next and final course, dessert, would be some warm apple pie topped with a dollop of coconut whipped cream. The gum would be a very bright white with emerald green swirls on one part, a solid shamrock green on the next part, and a sort of brown and tan part on the next part. There would be a tiny strip of the bright white at the end, next to the brown and tan part. 

The first part of the three course gum is off-white colored and has tiny black and brown specks on it, which are misshaped dots. This part is the appetizer and tastes like mushroom soup with a dollop of sour cream.

Second course, the main one, is in the middle, which is dull orange in color and light brown around the edges. When you bite into it, you are tasting Wiener schnitzel with a hint of potato salad.

The last course is actually a dessert and is deep brown in color, with streaks of even darker, almost black, brown running through it. With it, you eat the best chocolate cake you can imagine.