Gryffindor Common Room
Sky Alton

The Trading Post

The trading post is alive with the sound of people bargaining for items. Will you get a good deal?

Welcome to the trading post. Here, you can post any items that you have won or bought and no longer need. You can ask for a specific number of coins for them (though beware that people are highly unlikely to pay more than they would at the stalls), ask for a specific item in exchange or say that you’re open to offers. If you’d like to make a bid on an item instead, you should also reply: just make it very clear which item you’re bidding for before you start.

Sellers, when you’ve decided whose bid you’re accepting, post again to say so. The buyer should then confirm they’re happy in a reply as well. Once we have both parties agreement, the organisers will make the changes in The Treasury Thread.

Happy haggling!

Posted (edited)

I’d like to trade my quill. I’ll take either a doughnut or a sword for it. Anybody want it? I’d also be open to selling it for 15 gold pieces. 

Edited by Adaleine Shuster

45 minutes ago, Adaleine Shuster said:

I’d like to trade my quill. I’ll take either a doughnut or a sword for it. Anybody want it? I’d also be open to selling it for 15 gold pieces. 

I have a sword. I would love your quill!

Posted (edited)

I am open to trading my lion pin and wooden flute. I will take any of the colored items (except bag of blue candies and blue doublet), items from the food stall (except bag of blue candies and glass of butterbeer), pair of gold dice or an appropriate amount of coin.

Edited by Maxim Trevelyan

I've got a spare pair of gold dice I'd be willing to trade for either item (also willing to throw in some coins).

Oh wise and noble organizers, Lady Lupin and I reached an agreement.

Pair of gold dice and 10 gold coins for a wooden flute.

39 minutes ago, Iverian Gnash said:

February, that was done a while ago. Look at the treasury: 

Right! Sorry about that 

Posted (edited)

If anyone wants a pair of boots I'd be willing to trade for a donut and 20 gold pieces, specific blue items, a lion pin and a donut, or 30 gold pieces. 

Edited by Adaleine Shuster

If anyone is interested, I have an extremely rare copy of Moste Potente Potions that I am willing to trade for 75 gold and a golden goblet embedded with emeralds.

I've got a pair of gold dice that I'm looking to trade for any of the following: quill, inkwell (I'll throw in 10 coins), or something yellow that I don't already own (will also throw in some coins to make up the balance).

I'm willing to trade:

wooden flute, sword, red plumed helmet, and boots (combined shop value: 105 coins) together in exchange for something with a combined value of no less than 60 coins from the following list:

Red and blue gloves (15 c each)

Blue doublet (30 c)

Green thing that isn't gloves (5-20 c)

Yellow thing that isn't gloves or the same as the green thing (5-20 c)

Doughnut (20 c)

Piece of Gryfftoberfest cake (45 c)

Butterbeer (40 c)

Blue Candies (20 c)

Sapphire ring (50 c)

Blue handkerchief (5 c)

Blue shield (20 c)

Blue plumed helmet (20 c)

60 coins would do just fine too, also willing to hear counteroffers

10 hours ago, Evi Caledon said:

I'm willing to trade:

wooden flute, sword, red plumed helmet, and boots (combined shop value: 105 coins) together in exchange for something with a combined value of no less than 60 coins from the following list:

Red and blue gloves (15 c each)

Blue doublet (30 c)

Green thing that isn't gloves (5-20 c)

Yellow thing that isn't gloves or the same as the green thing (5-20 c)

Doughnut (20 c)

Piece of Gryfftoberfest cake (45 c)

Butterbeer (40 c)

Blue Candies (20 c)

Sapphire ring (50 c)

Blue handkerchief (5 c)

Blue shield (20 c)

Blue plumed helmet (20 c)

60 coins would do just fine too, also willing to hear counteroffers

I can give you 60 coins for the lot. :)

Noble lady organizers, Marchioness Caledon and I have reached a deal.

60 gold coins for wooden flute, sword, boots and red plumed helmet.

My lord, my lady, the trade has been completed and the appropriate documentation submitted to the treasury.

I have a spare bag of blue candies I can trade for. I am willing to trade it for either coin, items I do not have yet (preferably colored), or a combination thereof (with either you or me pitching in coin in addition with items).

I have these items up for sale:

slice of gryfftoberfest cake for sale for 35 gold coins

wooden flute for sale for 20 gold coins

Edited by February Fortescue